Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:19 AM

Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. (508 Views)

NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid / Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" / Sunday Oliseh: I’m Ready To Take Up Super Eagles Job If NFF Wants Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. by Papparassi: 4:31pm On Apr 04, 2022
Dare wants Oliseh, but NFF wants Oyibo coach.
Rivers United extends lead in Nigeria football league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvetAnNT7U0
Re: Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. by yuping(m): 4:37pm On Apr 04, 2022
undecided any of them is good, oliseh have a proven record and can't be Influence into bringing any unmerited player into the team and Oyibo coach that has a winning record only not the ones will we be hearing is name for the first time no time for experiment.
Re: Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. by Terkx(m): 4:52pm On Apr 04, 2022
The NFF and the sports ministry should go for either Austin (Augustine) jay jay okocha or kanu nwankwo. Those are the only two people that can be able to take us far in every tournament we find ourselves. Anything other than them is still the same things that we keep seeing that will happen.
Re: Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. by BlaqFaze: 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2022
yuping:
undecided any of them is good, oliseh have a proven record and can't be Influence into bringing any unmerited player into the team and Oyibo coach that has a winning record only not the ones will we be hearing is name for the first time no time for experiment.
Oliseh have a proven record of failure...
Re: Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. by yuping(m): 4:59pm On Apr 04, 2022
BlaqFaze:
hmmm hope you know what you are saying?
Re: Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. by BlaqFaze: 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2022
yuping:
hmmm hope you know what you are saying?
Go watch the last time he coached the super Eagles
Re: Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. by yuping(m): 5:16pm On Apr 04, 2022
BlaqFaze:
Go watch the last time he coached the super Eagles
Ask about the club he coach, let me tell you a little.
He won to the extent they could not pay his match bonus they have to ask him to start loosing cus they could not believe a black man could coach a young team to victory.
He has an attitude problem I can say that, not a technical coaching skill problem.
Re: Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. by BlaqFaze: 5:46pm On Apr 04, 2022
yuping:
Ask about the club he coach, let me tell you a little.
He won to the extent they could not pay his match bonus they have to ask him to start loosing cus they could not believe a black man could coach a young team to victory.
He has an attitude problem I can say that, not a technical coaching skill problem.
The 2nd division Dutch league club he coached undecided....Dude failed massively as a Super Eagles coach and was sacked before Rohr was appointed, that's all that matters
Re: Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. by yuping(m): 5:49pm On Apr 04, 2022
BlaqFaze:
The 2nd division Dutch league club he coached undecided....Dude failed massively as a Super Eagles coach and was sacked before Rohr was appointed, that's all that matters
one failure to judge someone entire career, this your judgment own ehnnn anyway is all good.
Re: Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. by BlaqFaze: 5:54pm On Apr 04, 2022
yuping:
one failure to judge someone entire career, this your judgment own ehnnn anyway is all good.
I understand your point sha...just that the National team isn't a testing lab but he could prove himself this time around if given a second chance
Re: Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. by Papparassi: 5:55pm On Apr 04, 2022
Oliseh could be second time lucky this time..
Re: Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:28pm On Apr 04, 2022
Terkx:
The NFF and the sports ministry should go for either Austin (Augustine) jay jay okocha or kanu nwankwo. Those are the only two people that can be able to take us far in every tournament we find ourselves. Anything other than them is still the same things that we keep seeing that will happen.

How many teams have these two managed?

That they were great players doesn't automatically make them good coaches.
Re: Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:29pm On Apr 04, 2022
BlaqFaze:

Which proven record of failure?
Re: Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:32pm On Apr 04, 2022
BlaqFaze:

Oliseh had only 2 losses in 14 matches as Super Eagles coach. How is that massive failure? His boys also scored 19 goals in 14 matches.

And he was not sacked. He resigned.

Not that I want him to return, though. But many Nigerians judge him too harshly.
Re: Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. by Papparassi: 7:45pm On Apr 04, 2022
Oliseh is a foreign coach. He works in Belgium. He is Nigerian though.
Re: Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. by Terkx(m): 12:37am On Apr 05, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

How many teams have these two managed?

That they were great players doesn't automatically make them good coaches.
they should either coach us or head the federation as our president
Re: Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. by quickly: 1:04am On Apr 05, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Oliseh had only 2 losses in 14 matches as Super Eagles coach. How is that massive failure? His boys also scored 19 goals in 14 matches.

And he was not sacked. He resigned.

Not that I want him to return, though. But many Nigerians judge him too harshly.

Because of Oliseh eagles failed to qualify for 2017 nations cup. If they keep up this no 2023 nations cup and 2026 world cup
Re: Dare Wants Oliseh, But NFF Wants Oyibo Coach. by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:02am On Apr 05, 2022
quickly:

Because of Oliseh eagles failed to qualify for 2017 nations cup. If they keep up this no 2023 nations cup and 2026 world cup

Oliseh was doing well, but then he resigned in the middle of qualifiers because NFF breached terms of the contract that he had with them. That is the problem with Oliseh, and everyone knew it right from his playing days when he was even accused of heading a mafia in the Super Eagles.

It is for this very reason that I don't want him back. He is too hotheaded. Not that he is technically deficient. But aside being gifted, one also needs a strong character to survive as a Super Eagles coach. I like his no-nonsense approach to things, but then there are moments when you might need to sacrifice personal convictions or ideologies for a common good. But Oliseh did not care that we had the Egypt doubles coming up, and he just resigned like that and abandoned the team at a time it needed him the most.

Even with his outstanding allowances, Keshi still took the Eagles to South Africa in 2013. Despite the disrespect when NFF kept fishing for his replacement even while he was in South Africa, Keshi did not abandon the team even though the terms of his contract with NFF was being disrepected. And it paid off. He won the AFCON. If it were Oliseh, he would have abandoned the team right there and then.

Which is why I don't want Oliseh as Eagles coach. He is a good coach, but not one with emotional intelligence.

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo Apologizes For Smashing Everton Fan's Phone After Man-U's Loss / Harry Bloody Maguire Shows Off His Professional Volleyball Skills / FA Cup Final LIVE: Chelsea Vs Liverpool 4:45 PM Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.