Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,092 members, 7,896,663 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 06:21 PM

Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) (38080 Views)

Help Out Oral Infection Graphic Photo / Surgery Gone Wrong: Dr Anu Gave Me An Infection - Lady Cries Out (Graphic Photo) / Stretch Marks Removal Procedure Goes Wrong, Lady Cries Out (Graphic Photo, Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Uwaiwe: 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
White capsules(forgot the exact antibiotics nomenclature) it's never to be swallowed. Applied externally on wounds does lots of fast healing. Mixed in oily cream and apply on wound. Heals faster than any other antibiotics.

1 Like

Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by axeman10(m): 3:35pm On Apr 05, 2022
Why do people seek or take public opinions concerning their health? No amount should ne too expensive to take care of your physical, mental or emotional health.

I would rather you go to a good hospital and get an expert opinion or treatment. The money you spend on clothing, drinks (other than water) or give people (without returns) should be diverted to your heath first.

It is only when you are healthy, that you can help others.

I'm speaking generally and this post is not directed to only the OP.
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by qwertyboss(m): 3:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
Cakkie:
Good morning all,

Pls doctors and nurses in the house, I need your suggestions.

Not so long ago, I had a wound on my arm that later formed a lil raised scar, though I've been on steroid injections (Tetramicinolone) for sometime now and it has shrinked to the barest minimum, but I had to peel it open, so I can be able to sprinkle powdered capsule (Ampicillin) on the surface — to fasten the healing process.

But I don't know if sprinkling the capsule on it would dry off the wound, thereby healing it.

I am open to any other suggestion that would prove effective.

See a doctor because it seems some dead skin need to be removed.
Use pure honey on the wound bed and cover it with gauze or bandage and get Augmentin 500mg for infection
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:43pm On Apr 05, 2022
Cakkie:

Thanks. I learnt it here.

However, I have been advised to use chloramphenicol capsule on the wound, and drink Ampiclox capsule.

What do you think?

Do you mean chloramphenicol cream?. The only form of antibiotics meant to be applied directly on wounds is the cream form.

If you're talking about chloramphecol tablet, then i believe that advice must have come from some of our self-acclaimed ''online medical experts'' here.
An antibiotic tablet will have no effect when directly applied on a wound.
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Cakkie(m): 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Do you mean chloramphenicol cream?. The only form of antibiotics meant to be applied directly on wounds is the cream form.

If you're talking about chloramphecol tablet, then i believe that advice must have come from some of our self-acclaimed ''online medical experts'' here.
An antibiotic tablet will have no effect when directly applied on a wound.

@christejames

Ok. What of the Vitamin C that was made mention of?
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by fsb(m): 3:57pm On Apr 05, 2022
Advise to @OP: Go to a hospital and see licensed healthcare professional. If the situation gets worse after following online advice, u only have yourself to blame.
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by capnies: 4:05pm On Apr 05, 2022
Cakkie:

You seem to be a pharmacist or something similar.

However, this is a well detailed recommendation, but I don't think I can be able to get all these — at least, for now.

Thanks, anyway.

HYDROGEN PEROXIDE SKG IS 4 OR 500NAIRA EUSOL SOLUTION IS 200 AT MOST, COTTON WOOL 50NAIRA, GAUGE BANDAGE 5INCHES 100NAIRA.
I WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU HOW TO MAKE THE EUSOL SOLUTION AT HOME, BUT YOU MIGHT NOT GET THE EXACT CONCENTRATION. EM OK YOU CAN USE MILTON SOLUTION THAT IS USED IN STERILIZING CHILDREN FEEDING BOTTLES, BUT THAT IS EVEN COSTLIER THAN THE COMMON EUSOL SOLUTION THAT GOES FOR 200 OR AT MOST 300 FOR A BOTTLE. TRY THIS METHOD AND IN TWO WEEKS, THE DEPTH WILL ALMOST BE GONE. YOU HAVE A LOVELY SKIN FAIR LADY
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Cakkie(m): 4:13pm On Apr 05, 2022
capnies:

HYDROGEN PEROXIDE SKG IS 4 OR 500NAIRA EUSOL SOLUTION IS 200 AT MOST, COTTON WOOL 50NAIRA, GAUGE BANDAGE 5INCHES 100NAIRA.
I WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU HOW TO MAKE THE EUSOL SOLUTION AT HOME, BUT YOU MIGHT NOT GET THE EXACT CONCENTRATION. EM OK YOU CAN USE MILTON SOLUTION THAT IS USED IN STERILIZING CHILDREN FEEDING BOTTLES, BUT THAT IS EVEN COSTLIER THAN THE COMMON EUSOL SOLUTION THAT GOES FOR 200 OR AT MOST 300 FOR A BOTTLE. TRY THIS METHOD AND IN TWO WEEKS, THE DEPTH WILL ALMOST BE GONE. YOU HAVE A LOVELY SKIN FAIR LADY

Ok. But my primary focus is on the scar itself — not just the depth of the wound.

If after using all these, am I rest assured to receive healing? Will the scar be gone?

Btw, I'm a guy.
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Lightorder: 4:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
MrEgghead:
Better than Doctors? Don't be ignorant chief!
oga , a pharmacist is that fellow who wouldn’t let the doctor kill you. I have had cases where the doctor writes a prescription that it was a pharmacist that pointed out that it was a huge error. At the end the doctors were called to order. pharmacists research and manufacture the drugs and know the standard doses better . The guy who needed help has a sore in the skin and not a heart disease. don’t forget

2 Likes

Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by christejames(m): 4:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
Cakkie:

@christejames

Ok. What of the Vitamin C that was made mention of?

He is right and wrong at the same time.

Capsules and cream can be applied to wounds depending on when the wound happened and the type of wound.

If it's a fresh wound, a day after after being cleaned then capsules or cikatrin powder can be administered afterwards. If it's scalds, ointment is preferable, something like penicillin ointment.

From the look on your wound, it's already healing, to prevent germs from entering, it's advisable you use the capsules or cikatrin powder just to cover the remaining opening as the Ampiclox dries it from within.

Yes, Vitamin C will be a nice addition to the drugs preferable the white one with sour taste to aid the antibiotics in its work.

1 Like

Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Cakkie(m): 4:35pm On Apr 05, 2022
1bunne4lif:
Now listen, go to a chemist; a good one. He'll have to clean the wound thoroughly with Hydrogen and spirit, disinfect also. With the help of lidocaine, you won feel the pains.
The dead tissues should be cut out so as to have a clean fresh wound that can accept the powder you want to apply. Cover properly. Then, you'll need flagyl 400mg b.d 5/7, chymotrypsin; 2 b.d 5/7, anti inflammatory drugs, v.c, and analgesics. Don't forget to inject T.T. Thank ma later

Thanks. But how can the dead tissues be removed without causing pains?

1 Like

Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by benzene00: 4:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
bizzibodi:

Where is she gon get that from?
Bank
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by benzene00: 4:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
todugo:

Really?
yup
Youngqueen:
Donate yours
do you need it
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by 1bunne4lif(m): 4:39pm On Apr 05, 2022
Cakkie:

Thanks. But how can the dead tissues be removed without causing pains?
Theyll have to inject you on the corners of the the wound. Xylocain injection is used

1 Like

Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Lightorder: 4:47pm On Apr 05, 2022
seunH:
No my chief, pharmacists are not doctors. It is a doctor's duty to prescribe while the pharmacist dispense. Hence, the OP should visit a nearby hospital or clinic.
grammar . As if you go to the hospital when you have headache from work. Nigerians can pretend eh
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by seunH: 4:54pm On Apr 05, 2022
Lightorder:
grammar . As if you go to the hospital when you have headache from work. Nigerians can pretend eh
Lolz, God forbid you have an accident or injury, go to the pharmacy instead of hospital nah. Nigerians and short cut ehnn
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Shakathezulu1: 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2022
Cakkie:
Good morning all,

But I don't know if sprinkling the capsule on it would dry off the wound, thereby healing it.

Yup it works faster. Open the capsule and sprinkle the powder on the wound. Then swallow another 1. Hope it's Beecham Sha.
But the wound gats be fresh oh.

1 Like

Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Olam09(m): 5:11pm On Apr 05, 2022
Cakkie:
Good morning all,

Not so long ago, I had a wound on my arm that later formed a lil raised scar, though I've been on steroid injections (Tetramicinolone) for sometime now and it has shrinked to the barest minimum, but I had to peel it open, so I can be able to sprinkle powdered capsule (Ampicillin) on the surface — to fasten the healing process.

Amputation!
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Ayula911: 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
Cakkie:
Good morning all,

This is a gunshot exit wound..
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Ayula911: 5:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
Cakkie:
Good morning all,

The shockwave of the blood when the bullet penetrated is the circle, turn the hand to the other side?
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Cakkie(m): 5:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
1bunne4lif:
Theyll have to inject you on the corners of the the wound. Xylocain injection is used

Ok. But is it worth it?

What if I just clean the surface with spirit and afterwards apply the aforementioned capsule?
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Cakkie(m): 5:29pm On Apr 05, 2022
Lightorder:

seunH:
Lolz, God forbid you have an accident or injury, go to the pharmacy instead of hospital nah. Nigerians and short cut ehnn

grin You both are funny.
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Bloodofthelambo: 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
Cakkie:

Sorry, you mean I should lick the normal white/pink Vitamin C tablet that is sold in the chemist shop?

Pls, won't the spirit give me unbearable pains because, I want to use it in cleaning the Ampicillin powder I sprinkled on it since morning? And I don't think it can get infected cos sooner I'll be sprinkling a different capsule on it — so It won't be open for infection.
yes I suggest you take vitamins C(orange or white, no difference really) , like 2 thrice daily, as long as there is sore. Also, avoid water touching the surface unnecessarily, except when pressing with hot water, to help remove pus.

no it won't hurt, methylated spirit will only hurt when you apply it on fresh wound.
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Bloodofthelambo: 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2022
Bluezy13:
Iodine solution is meant for burns only.... I stand corrected though.

Anyways, visiting a nearby pharmaceutical outlet and getting treated by a nurse/doctor will not take a hair strand from you.
no sir it's not meant for burns only
It aids healing of fresh wound/cut.
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Cakkie(m): 5:50pm On Apr 05, 2022
Shakathezulu1:

Yup it works faster. Open the capsule and sprinkle the powder on the wound. Then swallow another 1. Hope it's Beecham Sha.
But the wound gats be fresh oh.

Ok. But pls my mum said I should go for Kaimoral capsule in place of Beecham Ampiclox, reason that it works faster and more effective.

What do you think?
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Bbbw: 5:51pm On Apr 05, 2022
Yeah
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Cakkie(m): 5:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ayula911:

The shockwave of the blood when the bullet penetrated is the circle, turn the hand to the other side?

grin What are you trying to say?
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by 1bunne4lif(m): 6:16pm On Apr 05, 2022
Cakkie:

Ok. But is it worth it?

What if I just clean the surface with spirit and afterwards apply the aforementioned capsule?
it's worth it, do not be scared

1 Like

Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Geeman2006: 7:40pm On Apr 05, 2022
Shea butter also works for scars.
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Omowealth23(f): 8:10pm On Apr 05, 2022
Try using pure natural honey, not the diluted one please . Its Works well and its very effective. The woulnd will heal in no time.
You can read more on how honey is been used to treat wound.
You can contact me for � pure undiluted honey from as low as #1500.
My honey is sourced directly from bee farm.
Re: Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo) by Omowealth23(f): 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2022
Contact us for your pure unadulterated honey.
Location is Lagos.
Anik Bee is the right honey for you .. it has been tested and it's originality confirmed.
350ml: #1500
750ml: #3000
1litre: #4000
5litres: #17000
Call/chat on 07058548075.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

14-Year-Old Pregnant Girl Commits Suicide In Nasarawa / The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. / Man Saved By Doctors From Impaled Handle Of A Sledgehammer In Imo (Graphic Photo

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.