Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:41 AM

FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters (18534 Views)

Pay Us Our January Salaries, Nigerian Federal Workers Lament / FG Detects 54,000 Fraudulent Payroll Entries In IPPIS / Declare Bandits Federal Workers – Shehu Sani To Buhari Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by dre11(m): 7:45pm On Apr 05, 2022

The Federal Government has detected over 1,500 workers who joined the Federal civil service with fake appointment letters in the past year.

Over 1,000 culprits were said to have been discovered in one ministry while 500 others found in other ministries, departments and agencies during a service-wide verification exercise will be delisted from the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System.

The Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Dr Folasade Yemi-Esan, made this known in her keynote address at the ‘National Policy Dialogue on Entrenching Transparency in Public Office Recruitment in Nigeria,’ organised by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, in Abuja on Tuesday.

The programme was attended by the Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, the Provost, Anti-Corruption Academy of Nigeria, Prof Olatunde Babawale, Prof Isaac Obasi and other dignitaries.

The HoS explained that her administration has taken decisive steps to nip in the bud the alarming sharp practices and acts of impunity being perpetrated on the IPPIS, as well as to purge the system of all infiltrations.

She stated, “It would be recalled that in March last year, the office informed of the detection of fake letters of employment presented in some ministries. For instance, in the past year, in one ministry alone, over 1,000 individuals bearing fake letters of appointment were detected.

“In the light of the aforementioned, it is disheartening to point out that the office recently received a report from the Federal Civil Service Commission forwarding the names of over 500 persons in various MDAs in possession of fake letters of appointment and which are to be delisted from the IPPIS platform.

“Similarly, following the outcome of the Service-Wide Verification Exercise for officers recruited from 2013 – 2020, the Federal Civil Service Commission has also requested the suspension of the salaries of over 3,000 officers across the MDAs who failed to appear for the exercise pending further clearance.”

According to her, the government’s effort to stop financial leakages in the civil service had created a gap leading to a series of implementation issues, adding that as of March 2022, over 380,000 officers had been captured on the IPPIS payroll comprising 66,000 and 320,000 for core and non-core MDAs, respectively.

Yemi-Esan further said that her office is carrying out a mop-up exercise in the core and non-core MDAs which would be rounded off in September.

Speaking on global best practices in public service recruitment, Yemi-Esan noted that the Indian public service recruits only competent workers, compared to the Nigerian system which is based on federal character principles and nepotism.

https://punchng.com/fg-detects-1500-federal-workers-with-fake-appointment-letters/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by Xscape1993(m): 7:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
Nothing surprises me in this government anymore. Our system is too weak in this government.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by chatinent: 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
I bow for this country squeezed together for British administrative convenience.

May God punish Lord Luggard!
Abeg, for realest people, if you are looking for a side hustle and a profitable business, I sell first grade female OK shoes in bales and I deliver nationwide within three days. I sell from 100 pairs and above. I sell 100 pairs for N280k (I'll fend for waybill). You can request for samples. First grade means they look like new, and one bale has a variety (long heels, block heels, sandals, wedge etc...). You'll get quality and quick delivery. Hit my DM or my profile for email. Your sum will be refunded if your goods isn't sent within three days. Nationwide delivery.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by AlomoReloaded: 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
Nigeria...
If they think I'll be shocked, it's a lie, there's nothing shocking about this country again.... Ironically majority of them think they have the legit appointment letters grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by DrGoodman: 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
grin grin
Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by livinbygrace: 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
This is one of the main reason why the EFCC was formed by OBJ to checkmate such sharp practices in government parastatals and not to be chasing $50 Apple iTunes cards guys up and and down ,all in the name of fighting corruption .

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by ignis: 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
How did they get registered in the pay roll and have been receiving salary ?

3 Likes

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by fasho01(m): 7:54pm On Apr 05, 2022
If proper auditing is done, that 1500 will be child's play

6 Likes

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by olatade(m): 7:54pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ok

8 Likes

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by phemmyfour: 7:54pm On Apr 05, 2022
It's more than that
Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by DropsMic(m): 7:54pm On Apr 05, 2022
All go be northerners

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by RichDad1(m): 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2022
The civil service is more corrupt than the politicians.

7 Likes

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by BigDawsNet: 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2022
grin

If he shock you!

You are definitely not a Nigerian by birth

1 Like

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2022
More like 150,000, if not more. Even the 'legit' ones are fake workers, because they are mostly redundant and a useless waste of the country's resources.

3 Likes

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
Xscape1993:
Nothing surprises me in this government anymore. Our system is too weak in this government.
but bokoharam are on buhari payroll

1 Like

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by Angrygoat: 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
Efcc no gobsee these ones now o
Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by Itzteewhy(m): 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
Is this supposed to be shocking.

This has been happening since time immemorial.

The civil/public service lack basic discipline. Very corrupt
Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by TooMuchStuff: 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
DropsMic:
All go be northerners

Nope....!!
All are likely Southern Christians .....cos 98% of all Buhari appointments into anything federal are HausafulaniKanuri Muslims...

6 Likes

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by Fryzi(m): 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2022
Nobody knows which is real or fake in this country. Nigerians are Nigeria's problem.

2 Likes

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by Johnjanrt: 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2022
Hmm!
Hope they're made to refund all salaries and allowances paid them?
Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by karmaolu1(m): 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2022
Mostly from which part of NIGERIA?
Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by Dikegodspower(m): 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2022
They should give the original appointment letters nah. Does it call for hyping
The number one man de rule is with fake certificate, we no allow am?
Nawa o

1 Like

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by Cholls(m): 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2022

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by bluefilm: 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2022
Nonsense lipsrsealed

Who put those workers on the IPPIS payroll?

2 Likes

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by Dikegodspower(m): 7:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
They should give them original appointment letters nah. Does it call for hyping
The number one man de rule us with fake certificate, we no allow am?
Nawa o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by oklahrelo(m): 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2022
Wow,

Which kind country be this..Tori olorun

So some people dey one corner, dey collect multiple salaries of Forged CV, they make by theirselves..

Imagine someone getting a cut of 20k from 50 peoples ..
And still doing is legit work join..
Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by almarthins(m): 8:04pm On Apr 05, 2022
olatade:
Ok

I tell you!

Most pple think tinubu will do beta. Another setback is loading

1 Like

Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by treatise: 8:10pm On Apr 05, 2022
Xscape1993:

They will be pardoned.
Re: FG Detects 1,500 Federal Workers With Fake Appointment Letters by BrickDevo: 8:11pm On Apr 05, 2022
The same FG wey put them their is now detecting.... Mad people in power

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ / Amaechi, Jang Clash Again As NGF Faction Summons Meeting / PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.