Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,193 members, 7,891,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:34 AM

Abandoned Children With Runaway Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Abandoned Children With Runaway Mother (723 Views)

My Husband Has 2 Children With His Spiritual Mother's Daughter / Gloria Akuffo: I Had My Children With People's Husbands / 'I Want To Cheat On My Runaway Husband' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abandoned Children With Runaway Mother by Sixfiguresmart(m): 5:59am On Apr 06, 2022
This distant relative came visiting my aunt with a big bag and her two daughters both under 12. After telling some fairytales about her husband and other relatives, she said that she was going out to collect something from someone and that she would be back in 30 minutes. It is now 8 months.

All efforts to locate her is in wasteland. Some relatives said that they saw her in a village market and some other person said she is fine and well. Another one said that she was seen with a new husband, and another said that she saw her along the Cotonou highway.

The girls are worried. They have been enrolled in a school but where is this woman? What would make a mother abandoned her girls without trying to reconnect? Even a call is soothing.
Re: Abandoned Children With Runaway Mother by NisforNicky: 6:23am On Apr 06, 2022
Lalasticlala chatinent ishilove Dominique
Re: Abandoned Children With Runaway Mother by Mindlog: 6:46am On Apr 06, 2022
Since she has disappeared, I believe your folks have an idea who her husband (the father of the girls) is. He should be contacted to come take custody of his children.
Re: Abandoned Children With Runaway Mother by Klass99(f): 6:54am On Apr 06, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Children With Runaway Mother by chatinent: 7:21am On Apr 06, 2022
She simply gifted her responsibility to your aunt.
Re: Abandoned Children With Runaway Mother by Francisanointed(m): 7:34am On Apr 06, 2022
Another trend to abuse women. Your story may be true. But it is a fact that fathers abandon their children more compared to mothers. I am not saying she is right for abandoning her children but you should have told us about their father. The war against women especially mothers are too much. Give mothers some accolades
Re: Abandoned Children With Runaway Mother by Ishilove: 7:38am On Apr 06, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
This distant relative came visiting my aunt with a big bag and her two daughters both under 12. After telling some fairytales about her husband and other relatives, she said that she was going out to collect something from someone and that she would be back in 30 minutes. It is now 8 months.

All efforts to locate her is in wasteland. Some relatives said that they saw her in a village market and some other person said she is fine and well. Another one said that she was seen with a new husband, and another said that she saw her along the Cotonou highway.

The girls are worried. They have been enrolled in a school but where is this woman? What would make a mother abandoned her girls without trying to reconnect? Even a call is soothing.
All these people sighting her all over West Africa should walk up to her and remind her she has two daughters who need her.

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Children With Runaway Mother by Ishilove: 7:39am On Apr 06, 2022
Mindlog:
Since she has disappeared, I believe your folks have an idea who her husband (the father of the girls) is. He should be contacted to come take custody of his children.
The father may be a sperm donor.
Re: Abandoned Children With Runaway Mother by Acidosis(m): 7:41am On Apr 06, 2022
Francisanointed:
Another trend to abuse women. Your story may be true. But it is a fact that fathers abandon their children more compared to mothers. I am not saying she is right for abandoning her children but you should have told us about their father. The war against women especially mothers are too much. Give mothers some accolades

What's his business with the father? Whoever took the kids to that house should go get them.

It's possible she married a useless man but that's her personal problem, not the aunt's.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abandoned Children With Runaway Mother by sisisioge: 7:45am On Apr 06, 2022
Wowzerful!

Why take the children off her husband if she was going to dump them somewhere? Biko call the husband to come and take the kids, it's the fastest way of sniffing her out if she doesn't want them with him. Dreadful woman!
Re: Abandoned Children With Runaway Mother by Ishilove: 7:52am On Apr 06, 2022
Francisanointed:
We will give accolades to mothers deserving of them. Just as we have dead beat fathers, we also have useless mothers.

4 Likes

Re: Abandoned Children With Runaway Mother by Mindlog: 8:29am On Apr 06, 2022
Ishilove:

The father may be a sperm donor.

Even if he is, he should be dragged into the picture and getting the police involved.
Re: Abandoned Children With Runaway Mother by Eketem: 8:43am On Apr 06, 2022
I hope the family reported this to the police or welfare. Tomorrow if this turns nobody will remember they were helping.
Re: Abandoned Children With Runaway Mother by GloriousGbola: 9:18am On Apr 06, 2022
Klass99:

These parts of your narrative made me smile. There may be different reasons why she abandoned them, like;

1. She is overwhelmed by the responsibility of taking care of 2 girls and no longer wants to be bothered.

2. She is not mother material and never was, but she probably thought it would be nice to have a retirement plan for her old age or......

3. She was pressured into marriage and having kids, when these weren't things she genuinely desired for herself or her life.

You know society erroneously believes that all women want these two things, more than the air they breathe. Many shallow minds cannot fathom how a woman or some women, are just not interested in either one or both of them.

4. She is tired, can't deal anymore, has mentally checked out and is no longer interested in being a mother.

Motherhood (and fatherhood for that matter) is not for everyone! And just because we have reproductive organs, doesn't mean we all have the disposition for it.

And here I was thinking only dads went out for cigarettes (Google the meme if you don't know)

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Children With Runaway Mother by cayorday89(m): 11:26am On Apr 06, 2022
Ishilove:

We will give accolades to mothers deserving of them. Just as we have dead beat fathers, we also have useless mothers.
Well said ma'am.
This op just dey create mumu thread up and down, na still op pluck person panties from wire and other mumu narratives and one of them making FP sef...
Re: Abandoned Children With Runaway Mother by Kobojunkie: 1:19pm On Apr 06, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
To answer your question, the same thing that would make a father abandon his children , and not have any idea where they are or who has them. undecided

Where is there father in all this time abeg? The relative is kind to have enrolled them in school, and at least care for them. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Abandoned Children With Runaway Mother by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 06, 2022
Klass99:

These parts of your narrative made me smile. There may be different reasons why she abandoned them, like;

1. She is overwhelmed by the responsibility of taking care of 2 girls and no longer wants to be bothered.

2. She is not mother material and never was, but she probably thought it would be nice to have a retirement plan for her old age or......

3. She was pressured into marriage and having kids, when these weren't things she genuinely desired for herself or her life.

You know society erroneously believes that all women want these two things, more than the air they breathe. Many shallow minds cannot fathom how a woman or some women, are just not interested in either one or both of them.

4. She is tired, can't deal anymore, has mentally checked out and is no longer interested in being a mother.

Motherhood (and fatherhood for that matter) is not for everyone! And just because we have reproductive organs, doesn't mean we all have the disposition for it.

Non of these "reasons" justifies why a mother would abandon her children in the house of another human being!

That lady is just IRRESPONSIBLE undecided...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Mothers Of Children Between Ages 3 To 6 / Saw An Underage Kid Wanting to lodge in an hotel / Help On House Rent Remaining 30k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.