Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,202 members, 7,963,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 11:28 PM

Is Peace Possible In Our World Today? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Peace Possible In Our World Today? (236 Views)

How Is Peace Confirmed? / American Summit For Democracy Of 9th And 10th December Is Peace And Safety / BOOK Of GENESIS (Listen to learn how our World was created by GOD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Peace Possible In Our World Today? by Temi85girl: 7:10am On Apr 06, 2022
Bible Study: Assurance of Eternity
Topic: The Fruit of the Holy Spirit Series: PEACE

Peace is listed in Galatians 5:22 as one of the fruit of the Spirit and it is one attribute that we all need today probably more than ever. The word ‘peace’ used in the bible comes from the Greek word “Eirene” also translated as “Shalom” in Hebrew.

Peace refers to a state of harmony, calm, serenity or tranquility; the absence of mental stress, anxiety, war, turmoil or disturbance. However, the “peace” mentioned in the bible goes beyond the absence of stress or disturbance.

The bible tells us about real peace that passes all human understanding (Philippians 4:6-7) and is not dependent on or influenced by our circumstances.

Is real peace possible in our world today? What exactly is the peace of Christ? Why do we need it? How can we receive it? What can lead to the loss of peace in our lives?

To find out see:
Channel Link: [url][/url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE9R2rKu6hnWwJ7ejG2SfSg

We would appreciate it if you could like, subscribe, comment and share.
Thank you.

Stay blessed
Assurance of Eternity.
Re: Is Peace Possible In Our World Today? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:28am On Apr 06, 2022
Perfect peace only comes from Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace,and the world can only get such peace,by looking up unto Him.
Worldly entities cannot grant the Jesus type of peace.Their peace is only a shadow of the real thing
Peace I leave with you,my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth,give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. ( John 14:27).
Re: Is Peace Possible In Our World Today? by bewla(m): 7:29am On Apr 06, 2022
Maybe
Re: Is Peace Possible In Our World Today? by mariovito(m): 7:33am On Apr 06, 2022
Question: has there ever been a time when there was peace on earth?
Re: Is Peace Possible In Our World Today? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:34am On Apr 06, 2022
Onyiiobi7735:
Perfect peace only comes from Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace,and the world can only get such peace,by looking up unto Him....

Not by looking unto Him but by becoming Him!

1 Like

Re: Is Peace Possible In Our World Today? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:35am On Apr 06, 2022
mariovito:
Question: has there ever been a time when there was peace on earth?

Yep! Before the 1000s.

And you have run away from our other discussion.
Re: Is Peace Possible In Our World Today? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:35am On Apr 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Not by looking unto Him but by becoming Him!
Exactly!
Re: Is Peace Possible In Our World Today? by mariovito(m): 7:41am On Apr 06, 2022
You have proof of this?

I don't think there's ever been peace on earth, like there's never been a period without some major violence going on.

And you have run away from our other discussion

I got carried away, will return to it shortly. grin

Dtruthspeaker:

Yep! Before the 1000s.

And you have run away from our other discussion.
Re: Is Peace Possible In Our World Today? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:47am On Apr 06, 2022
mariovito:
You have proof of this?
I don't think there's ever been peace on earth, like there's never been a period without some major violence going on.

If you read the stories of the origin of communities, long before the communities joined together and became what we now call nations and countries, you would always see this word "and they lived together in peace and harmony until..." recurring.

mariovito:

I got carried away, will return to it shortly. grin

No wahala. I just wanted see if you could raise up a valid case, which I now know that no one has any. But, nevertheless, I am not afraid to find out.

(1) (Reply)

My Summary Of Pastor Adeboye's Last Sunday Sermon About Destiny / . / Fix Your Eyes On God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.