Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,883 members, 7,879,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 03:21 AM

Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos (6386 Views)

Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / Fantastic: My First Snow Experience In Europe 2020 (photos, Video) / Turkey Visa Application Delay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by gevans(m): 8:34am On Apr 09, 2022
Long story
Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by ikorodureporta: 9:11am On Apr 09, 2022
Xadena:
Have you gotten to the terminal only to wait for hours and hours without getting a bus thereby causing delay and time wastage.

Is this about fuel scarcity?

Is this as a result of poor management?

Is this a result of limited players in the sector?

Ikorodu, Ikeja, Obalende, Ikeja, Abule-egba, Yaba.

See quenshun cheesy
Sometin wey dey happen almost everyday..especially on Mondays
The BRT buses aren't enough for the masses along Ikorodu route
Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by bn2murphy(m): 9:28am On Apr 09, 2022
I think everything boils down to poor management of operations.
Lack of tools to do so is a factor.
Poorly trained or low motivation of staffing on operations cannot be ignore.
Poor communication within the terminal between the terminal officers and passengers cannot be ignore.
I have been delayed severally at TBS, Agric .
Sometimes i will board a bus that's already full and rejoined at another terminal to reach my destination.i

Xadena:
Have you gotten to the terminal only to wait for hours and hours without getting a bus thereby causing delay and time wastage.

Is this about fuel scarcity?

Is this as a result of poor management?

Is this a result of limited players in the sector?

Ikorodu, Ikeja, Obalende, Ikeja, Abule-egba, Yaba.

1 Like

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by nwadikeokey11: 10:55am On Apr 09, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:
Not fuel scarcity, It's poor management. The BRT agency doesn't work with data. I've spent well over 3 hrs (countless times) waiting for bus at the Obalende terminal (Obalende - Oshodi) in the evening.

Sometimes the bus(es) won't arrive and we'll have to go board private and other public transportation.

Also poor road network and traffic are contributing factors as most of these buses get stuck in traffic hence delays in return trip.
3hours? Only? Then you haven't spent no time on BRT yet. Several times I had gotten to their terminals both at Obalende and TBS around 5:pm and waited till 9:pm to board a BRT bus, and even when the bus did come you will be surprise to see people who just came, people who were never on the queue boarding the bus before you, just because they could cough out #200 to the BRT agents or workers, whatever they are called. BRT management is crap and rubbish.
Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by JoyousFurnitire(m): 11:00am On Apr 09, 2022
nwadikeokey11:
3hours? Only? Then you haven't spent no time on BRT yet. Several times I had gotten to their terminals both at Obalende and TBS around 5:pm and waited till 9:pm to board a BRT bus, and even when the bus did come you will be surprise to see people who just came, people who were never on the queue boarding the bus before you, just because they could cough out #200 to the BRT agents or workers, whatever they are called. BRT management is crap and rubbish.

I can relate grin
Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by snoopz: 11:36am On Apr 09, 2022
There was a day I got to their terminal in oshodi, we lineup for more than 3 hrs on the ajah line waiting for bus coming back from ajah to load despite other buses just there , so me and one guy went to ask one of the staff, that one dey say buses allocated to ajah can only go ajah as we can't tap from buses because they have their own location despite the fact that we can see the buses with no passengers, when 7pm knack naso I carry my body go tag bus going to ajah

2 Likes

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by Aaay: 5:17pm On Apr 09, 2022
None
Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by Xadena: 7:04pm On Apr 19, 2022
ikorodureporta:

See quenshun cheesy
Sometin wey dey happen almost everyday..especially on Mondays
The BRT buses aren't enough for the masses along Ikorodu route

Sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea / Travelling For Pleasure From Kano To Uyo / Domestic Airfare Rises By 25% On Aviation Fuel Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.