Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,122 members, 7,890,743 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 07:17 PM

No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court (27817 Views)

How Peace Mass Paid ₦500,000 Over No Refund Policy / Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / 18 Passengers Die In Peace Mass Transit Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by timay1: 7:42am On Apr 09, 2022
jaeyking:
Stupidity from the company
What is in 500 naira that you couldn't refund

Now you are going to pay 500k as damages undecided undecided

Mtsvheww

No to talk of the millions the the company corporate lawyer will charge for the case.

Foolish company with foolish policy.

Even in civilized countries sef, they usually try as much as possible to prevent cases from getting to court rooms and settle out of court even when they know that they can win the case. This is because, sometimes settling these little issues out of Court can sometimes be cheaper than even securing a victory.
You only see them in court on exceptional cases.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by SaturnNick(m): 7:44am On Apr 09, 2022
Wow. Good one. This will go a long way cool cool cool
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by timay1: 7:45am On Apr 09, 2022
SmartPolician:
Despite the fact that the fare is insignificant, this judgement is critical because it will be used to determine similar cases in the future.

Yeah, It will serve as an important precedence for future cases of extortion fir service providers who do this nonsense no refund policy
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:51am On Apr 09, 2022
How person fit use this one sue IKelectric now?

Na to get accurate record of metre reading at the beginning of the month, then do the same thing at the end of the month, and calculate the amount... Once them estimated bill come cut light, GBAM, suing don start

1 Like

Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Damybabs: 7:53am On Apr 09, 2022
SHINJA:

Ipob cannibal..

Always chest beating over every little thing..

West is like abroad to all the chinedu's and okoro's..
Will you guys just stop these nonsense and get matured once and for all? I’m Yoruba, I served in the East, the East is very nice and Ibos are very nice people, there are only two types of people in this world, good and bad people. That Ibos come to the west doesn’t mean that their place is bad, they only need to spread there business tentacles being oriented people and mark you, Ibos are everywhere not just the West. Let love lead abeg. Make una stop these tribal nonsense
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Mandela887(m): 7:54am On Apr 09, 2022
SHINJA:

Ipob cannibal..

Always chest beating over every little thing..

West is like abroad to all the chinedu's and okoro's..
Which state in Waste sorry West that can b used to compare any state in d East apart from Lagos?....Please let me educate u,Lagos is fine today because it was d Capital of Nigeria.. So it was Nigeria collective money that was used to build it just like Abuja today....will u use any of Ekiti,Ondo etc to compare any eastern state Ode
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Yankeevilla: 7:57am On Apr 09, 2022
The next in line will be vehicles are packed at owners risk... Lolz ��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by philkay(m): 7:57am On Apr 09, 2022
They dare not try this with me. I purchased peace mass ticket from Enugu going to Ìbàdàn in 2017 after finishing my service as a year old lawyer. After waiting for several minutes, I was told I can't carry a particular good to the bus, I blasted all their staffs they sharply refunded my money.
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Owen247: 8:00am On Apr 09, 2022
grin
oteneaaron:
From 500 he got 500k.
What a hustle.
Who I fit sue like this?

grin
oteneaaron:
From 500 he got 500k.
What a hustle.
Who I fit sue like this?

Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by lexy2014: 8:00am On Apr 09, 2022
NoApology:
No refund after payment’: Peace Mass Transit loses in court

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/08/no-refund-after-payment-peace-mass-transit-loses-in-court/?amp=1

Instead make them pay ordinary 500naira now they will pay 500k
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by lexy2014: 8:03am On Apr 09, 2022
NoApology:
No refund after payment’: Peace Mass Transit loses in court

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/08/no-refund-after-payment-peace-mass-transit-loses-in-court/?amp=1

Na only 500naira peace mass transit decdrag like say na million. In the end, Dem pay 500k
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by mannasseh(m): 8:08am On Apr 09, 2022
Whothecapfits:
A good judicial precedence.
precedents**
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by lebete3000: 8:08am On Apr 09, 2022
wolesmile:
I feel like suing GTB for illegal withdrawal from my account

Sue the bastards jarey!
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 09, 2022
JubrinElSudan:
Vendors should take note cos this affects them too.
It's no longer business as usual
Most buyers don’t know but the consumer protection unit as always said that there is nothing like no refund no exchange,any vendor reported doing such go dey jail for 6months but most buyers don’t know this…

1 Like

Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Freebills12: 8:21am On Apr 09, 2022
You See how stupid we are in this country! This case is a welcome development we are happy but if it's against politicians we will take side immediately. Had it been this man sued the govt, those against and for will be trading words by now. A judgement against cross carpeting of politicians were delivered, people who new that it is liberation and a gain for our political system were trading words of abuse...
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Fredamanda: 8:23am On Apr 09, 2022
Please lawyers in the house! Is this, applicable to flights ✈ tickets fares not used?
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Fredamanda: 8:27am On Apr 09, 2022
Please Please lawyers in the house! Is this, applicable to flights ✈ tickets fares not used?
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by derecho(m): 8:38am On Apr 09, 2022
Is this applicable to Telcos too?
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Donpenny(m): 8:43am On Apr 09, 2022
I wish the judiciary is always proactive like this i would love to be a litigant very good hustle
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by KNOWMORE56: 8:43am On Apr 09, 2022
Dtruthspeaker, how do see this judgement?
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Macky2(m): 8:43am On Apr 09, 2022
wolesmile:
I feel like suing GTB for illegal withdrawal from my account

Please go ahead, the deductions are much with very rude staff not willing to assist
when you have an issue with your account.
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by nemynely(m): 8:48am On Apr 09, 2022
All this "my Lord, may I" "if I may, mi Lord" things take unprecedented turns in this jungle. I am happy for this judgement though sad that for every one vindication, there are countless travesties of justice in Naija.
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Uwamgbede26: 8:57am On Apr 09, 2022
My classmate at UNN that year, Chukwuma Patrick, you have done well. Customers have a lot of rights that are trampled upon by service providers. This case will reawaken the much needed customer confidence.

1 Like

Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Ishilove: 9:05am On Apr 09, 2022
aribisala0:
You did not read well. He did not represent himself

Read well, again.
When the Plaintiff tried to explain to them that their policy was unlawful, as the law mandates them to refund fares for services that have not been provided they retorted in a rude manner, prompting the learned counsel to leave their park and seek alternative means of traveling back to Enugu.

A letter written by the lawyer to the Peace Mass Group of companies demanding an apology and refund was neglected, prompting the lawyers law firm to institute the action.
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by v2: 9:06am On Apr 09, 2022
Naijanascam:
Good one......... congratulations to the victim for being courageous enough

Because he is a lawyer he was able to achieve this.

How many people will put the required resources on the line to pursue a case because of N500?

It is a victory to the masses who have suffered such oppression for years.

2 Likes

Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by mhiztalee(m): 9:07am On Apr 09, 2022
no be to carry mama ejima go court like this... paid for yam, yam no dey she say no refund say make i use the money collect another thing
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by aribisala0(m): 9:09am On Apr 09, 2022
Ishilove:

Read well, again.
Again you read and cannot comprehend ? How does his firm instituting action amount to him "representing himself"
Geez!!

You are just making assumptions that are not stated anywhere
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by tenpipsperday: 9:13am On Apr 09, 2022
Lexusgs430:
A matter of principle ........ I am loving Patrick C. Chukwuma, already........ . grin

Rather than refund his ₦500.00, now they must pay ₦500,000 compensation..........

They must now retrain all their employees......

They paid a lawyer o to defend their nonsense
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Kingdemu: 9:17am On Apr 09, 2022
Hope it will also cover arbitrary no-show policy of airlines and hotel cancellation fees
Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Ishilove: 9:20am On Apr 09, 2022
aribisala0:
Again you read and cannot comprehend ? How does his firm instituting action amount to him "representing himself"
Geez!!

You are just making assumptions that are not stated anywhere
You are the one reading and not comprehending. You are also assuming that he did not represent himself because it is not stated dear as well. His firm instituted an action but is it the 'firm' as a corporate entity that made the court appearances? Who will be in the best position to appear in court than the man himself who happens to be a lawyer?

Abeg rest.

1 Like

Re: No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Lexusgs430: 9:21am On Apr 09, 2022
tenpipsperday:

They paid a lawyer o to defend their nonsense

Lawyers are trained, never to refuse a brief....... Lawyers, too got bills to pay ........ cheesy

I see them attempting to appeal this judgement (upon lawyers advice)......... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Construction Of New Terminal At Murtala Mohammed Int'l Airport, Lagos / Passengers Escape Death As Two Vehicles Plunge Into Swamp In Enugu (Photos) / 300 Nigerians Stranded In UAE Arrive Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.