Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,191 members, 7,880,714 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:50 AM

Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? (3110 Views)

2023: Like Buhari, Like Amaechi Presidency / Obasanjo Stocked Inbetween Osinbajo An Amaechi / "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by nextdoor84(m): 4:58am On Apr 10, 2022
chrisxxx:
Gents and Ladies! Listen well and get this settled.
Ikwerre is not Igbo just as Igbos are not Ikwerres. Just as Yorubas and Bini share some similarities that is same with Ikwerres and Igbos. I am Ikwerre and have done extensive research on this.
The same way igbos ha e different dialects is the same Ikwerres have. We dont speak the same dialect. We have over 10 dialects just as igbos.
Why do some Ikwerres claim to be Igbos?
Good question. The Arochukwu Confederacy had Ikwerre land under its influence. They are generally called Arnu people in Ikwerre land. They were mainly the Igbo people who maltreated the Ikwerres and made an average Ikwerre man to despise igbos. But liberation from the neocolonialism came during the civil war. At the fall of Biafra the Arnu people were targeted by some Ikwerre Communities that had hosted for years. This made them to abandon this area and headed towards Igbo mainland. Others were not attacked but out of fear of their past to their neighborhood absconded as well. However when some got to boundary communities like Isiokkpo and Elele some lenient Ikwerre men gave them refuge. This was so particularly as many of them didn't even know their home of origin in Igbo land. Among these communities that gave them land to stay they still see them as non indigenes. The Arnu descendants of these towns are the Ikwerres who make case that Ikwerre is Igbo. I have just revealed the findings of my investigation.
Amaechi might be a descendant of the Arnus. In that case he is an Ikwerre person as a result of his grandparents settlement and an Igbo man by ancestry..
Thanks.
You are obviously sick! Keep deceiving yourself. I don’t blame people like you, I blame Nigerians who are gullible enough to believe anything just to spite the Igbos!! You’ve done research? I double dare your ass to publish that research. You aren’t even from Rivers state. Let me rest my case!!!

4 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by wiseoneking: 4:59am On Apr 10, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
Good day everyone.

As we all know, the current minister of transportation has recently announced his intention to run for the seat of Nigeria President.

Prior to his declaration, there have been series of lobbying and plea from the South East geopolitical zone and various Igbo socio-political group for the need for an Igbo man to become the President of this nation to further cement the unity of the country. This demand is a very legitimate demand which I support.

This brings me to ask : Does an Amaechi's Presidency qualify as an Igbo Presidency considering that his state of origin belongs to the South South geopolitical zone? Although he believes/claims that he (Amaechi) is an Igbo man.

Is an average Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi, Abia, Enugu man okay with Amaechi being the beneficiary of the demand and clamour for an Igbo Presidency?

After an Amaechi's Presidency (if it happens), will the call for an Igbo Presidency decline?

Note this, presidency rotates along zonal line and not specifically tribal or ethnic line. An Igbo of SE extraction as president and the SS are talking of SS extraction. There is no doubt that Amaechi is not Igbo despite the few remnants of ikweres who believed not despite the history of migration from parts of imo and few from Awka area.
Assuming he wins under APC, that's good especially if PDP presents a pure Northerner of Fulani extraction. In this case, igbos may really find it hard to vote for APC and may be tempted to vote for a candidate of PDP wherever he may come from. You may not believe this that some igbos may even be reluctant to vote for kalu or Rochas as APC Candidate. Igbo may be stubborn in their believe system and are more than unified than any region whenever they make up their mind in any issue. It may seem they may be harming themselves but at the same time, the outcome of their decision proves they see far ahead more than other Nigerians. See how they jettison Buhari and see what the nation is passing through now. Two to three times Buhari presented Igbo men as his running mate but they rejected him and voted Obj/GEJ, GEJ/Sambo, Yaradua/GEJ. They knew Buhari as evil and you can never convince them otherwise. Today , Buhari is most likely to be the dumbest and dullest president Nigeria will ever have.
Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Nairalandhotboy(m): 6:17am On Apr 10, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

I don't understand your second question.

His name is Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi. I believe the Chibuike there is an Igbo name.
amaechi and chibuike are Igbo names. Na mumu dey drag this kind rubbish
Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by sukar886: 6:24am On Apr 10, 2022
Amaechi is not a Igbo man, south south have been there, which Jonathan , we need core Igbo man, amaechi have denied to be Igbo man several times ....PDP should give peter obi ticket abeg

1 Like

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by aribisala0(m): 7:13am On Apr 10, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Shut up and stop talking nonsense
Eb
Amaechi younger brother's name is Uchenna

Why Igbo names if he's not Igbo according to you ?
Ikwere no get dia own name aside Igbo name?
What makes the names Eboe names and not Ikwerre names
That is like claiming Eba and Okro is Eboe food

1 Like

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by chrisxxx(m): 7:33am On Apr 10, 2022
colonelwealth:

No need to engage you with counter arguments and proofs but don't mislead the unsuspecting public pls.
If you guy deny your heritage and choose to be a different tribe ..good& supported but don't twist things.

However, same Ikweres shouldn't claim Igbos at anytime later, Igbos too are learning to allow any group be what they want.

When next situations arise that may call things to question, remember to stand your ground based on your beliefs including educating Nigerians that the persons with Igbo name who break the law from your side are Igbos.
So that another Maj. Kaduna Nzogwu doesn't doesn't arise.
You guys are just too fixed. You have a dictator mindset. No Ikwerre man who doesn't have Arnu origin would ever claim Igbo. Even some of those we know with Arnu origin try to hide it. Ikwerres of Arnu origin may claim igbos as well. Although their parentage population is not more than 1% of the Ikwerre population.
You guys should see Ikwerre people as Yorubas see Bini. They don't claim them to be Yorubas. They see them as one and brothers. If Ikwerres had got the population of the igbos with 5 states and igbos the population of Ikwerre, igbos wouldn't agree to be Ikwerres. Etche people in Rivers State have a lot in common with the Ikwerres but we don't claim them. We only see them as brothers.
Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by JohnsonObieshi: 8:04am On Apr 10, 2022
Yaruba man stop writing nonsense here, and stpp claiming Ikweere becouse you are not. You guys have been presenting falsehood in Nigeria as fact which is very wrong. Nigeria is bleeding becouse of your deciptive character.

2 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Help2020: 8:15am On Apr 10, 2022
Brexxit:
For those who don't know.

Amaechi is an ikwerre man and not Igbo, ikwerres have said it times without number they ain't Igbos.
But you want to add them to Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Datikwerreboi(m): 8:15am On Apr 10, 2022
Brexxit:
[s]For those who don't know.

Amaechi is an ikwerre man and not Igbo, ikwerres have said it times without number they ain't Igbos.[/s]
Keep crying . grin grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Help2020: 8:16am On Apr 10, 2022
chiefolododo:
You see you cannot trust Amaechi...
A minister who cannot manage his ministry successfully, all the railways he built with Chinese loan are just white elephant projects to embezzle money.

The railways have not in any way benefit Nigerians or improve the nation's economy.

He said he was not contesting and suddenly he came out to declare his ambition, is that one trustworthy ?

He paid one man online , the man said if Amaechi doesn't contest he would commit suicide , because Amaechi is god or what ?

Let's check his track record as governor and as minister , is he worth voting for ?

If buhari supports him at all, it's because he financed buhari's election with Rivers money . I am of the opinion that buhari cannot reward amachu with the nation's treasury just because he is loyal slave .

Buhari's opinion on who becomes the president will not count if he support the wrong candidate.

Do not let us be bewitched.
so Tinubu Should be trusted right?

1 Like

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by OkwuEziokwu(m): 8:19am On Apr 10, 2022
Brexxit:

Amaechi is an ikwerre man and not Igbo, ikwerres have said it times without number they ain't Igbos.

Why are you so pressed about our culture and people, Stranger? What manner of curse are you under?

1 Like

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by KosiGee(m): 9:28am On Apr 10, 2022
gidgiddy:

I think its important to note that the Presidency of Nigeria rotates by geopolitical zone, not tribe. If the Presidency was about tribe, it will have to rotate amongst the 300 tribes in Nigeria, and thats not practical

Having said that, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi is one of those Ikwerre men who does not deny being Igbo. But he is from the South/South

Should Amaechi become President, he will be representing the South/South Presidency even though he is Igbo.

What this means is that while Amaechi is Igbo, the South East will lay claim to Presidency next time it rotates to the South as it would be the only zone in the South yet to produce the President

Amaechi is not an Igbo man. Don’t be deceived by all those bullshiitt he’s been saying and all the claims of being Igbo.
Ikwerres said that they are not Igbo. Respect that.
Amaechi is not an Igbo man. He is Wike’s brother from Benin. Know this and know peace.

2 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by KosiGee(m): 9:32am On Apr 10, 2022
OkwuEziokwu:

Why are you so pressed about our culture and people, Stranger? What manner of curse are you under?

“Our culture”?? Which culture? Ikwerre culture or Igbo culture??

What’s your moniker? ‘OkwuEziokwu’!!!

Nwokem are you telling yourself the truth? Do you really believe that Amaechi is an Igbo man? Do you see Amaechi as an honest person?

Mepe anya gi, open your eyes.

Gwa onwe gi ezi okwu.

2 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by OkwuEziokwu(m): 9:48am On Apr 10, 2022
KosiGee:

“Our culture”?? Which culture? Ikwerre culture or Igbo culture??

What’s your moniker? ‘OkwuEziokwu’!!!

Nwokem are you telling yourself the truth? Do you really believe that Amaechi is an Igbo man? Do you see Amaechi as an honest person?

Mepe anya gi, open your eyes.

Gwa onwe gi ezi okwu.

Enyi, aha ya wu Amaechi. Nna, kedu odi ihe bu ihea. O na Ikwerre aburozi igbo.
If you are truly Igbo, tell me you don't understand what is being said here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFEQzqlaA1I

grin grin unu na to mu ochi. Ndi Ikwerre suga dialect Igbo.

I speak igbo to you not because I think you're igbo. There is a high chance you're not

2 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by OkwuEziokwu(m): 9:52am On Apr 10, 2022
Nigeria and Nigerians, I hate you. The worst in Africa.
Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by gidgiddy: 9:53am On Apr 10, 2022
KosiGee:

Amaechi is not an Igbo man. Don’t be deceived by all those bullshiitt he’s been saying and all the claims of being Igbo.
Ikwerres said that they are not Igbo. Respect that.
Amaechi is not an Igbo man. He is Wike’s brother from Benin. Know this and know peace.

Not all Ikwerres deny being Igbo. The current vice President of Ohanaeze is an Ikwerre man called Ihunwo Obi Wali. The immediate past Secretary General of Ohanaeze was an Ikwerre man called Uche Okwukwu.

But whether Amaechi is an Igbo man or not is not the issue. The Presidency of Nigeria rotates on geopolitical zone, not tribe. If we start rotating Presidency based on tribe, by the time it takes the 300 tribes in Nigeria to do one term, it will take over one thousand years.

So if Amaechi becomes President, he will be doing a South/South Presidency. This means that the South East can still go for the Presidency when it rotates back to the South, having not yet produced the President

2 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by OkwuEziokwu(m): 9:58am On Apr 10, 2022
gidgiddy:

Not all Ikwerres deny being Igbo. The current vice President of Ohanaeze is an Ikwerre man called Ihunwo Obi Wali. The immediate past Secretary General of Ohanaeze was an Ikwerre man called Uche Okwukwu.

But whether Amaechi is an Igbo man or not is not the issue. The Presidency of Nigeria rotates on geopolitical zone, not tribe. If we start rotating Presidency based on tribe, by the time it takes the 300 tribes in Nigeria to do one term, it will take over one thousand years.

So if Amaechi becomes President, he will be doing a South/South Presidency. This means that the South East can still go for the Presidency when it rotates back to the South, having not yet produced the President

Great response.
I'm still slicing through the nonsense 'tactics' of these enemies at dividing a people.
How can a fulani or a yoruba man tell a people who they are and who they are not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0-Nkk_I8eo

2 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Yorobastard(m): 10:50am On Apr 10, 2022
Brexxit:

Lol there's videos everywhere of Amaechi claiming he's an Igbo man or you just decided to be a stupid fool as usual
Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Yorobastard(m): 10:59am On Apr 10, 2022
sukar886:
Amaechi is not a Igbo man, south south have been there, which Jonathan , we need core Igbo man, amaechi have denied to be Igbo man several times ....PDP should give peter obi ticket abeg

Craze dey your head
Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by NigerianAngelo(m): 11:13am On Apr 10, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

Self explanatory, how?

You didn't even answer.

Is Ama-echi qualified? That's why he said it is self explanatory.

They are all Igbos. It is military Governors that divided Igboland. Nothing that like present boundaries in our Igbo space.

Just that he can't speak Igbo and he didn't speak against murders.

I go for Peter Obi but will endure an Amaechi Presidency.
Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by ofeco: 12:09pm On Apr 10, 2022
Brexxit:

Ikwerre people are Igobs however some of them due to political benefits come out to denounce their link with the Igbos.
Amechi presidency does not represent Igbos because when he is elected, he will still see himself as someone from the SS. Yorubas will not see Bukola Saraki as their representative.

3 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Akponmfet: 12:11pm On Apr 10, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

His name is Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi. I believe the Chibuike there is an Igbo name.
Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Akponmfet: 12:11pm On Apr 10, 2022
No,Chibuike is an Ikwere name.MUMU.
Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by chiefolododo(m): 1:10pm On Apr 10, 2022
sentiment... did I mention Tinubu's name?
Help2020:
so Tinubu Should be trusted right?
Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by colonelwealth(m): 1:32pm On Apr 10, 2022
chrisxxx:

You guys are just too fixed. You have a dictator mindset. No Ikwerre man who doesn't have Arnu origin would ever claim Igbo. Even some of those we know with Arnu origin try to hide it. Ikwerres of Arnu origin may claim igbos as well. Although their parentage population is not more than 1% of the Ikwerre population.
You guys should see Ikwerre people as Yorubas see Bini. They don't claim them to be Yorubas. They see them as one and brothers. If Ikwerres had got the population of the igbos with 5 states and igbos the population of Ikwerre, igbos wouldn't agree to be Ikwerres. Etche people in Rivers State have a lot in common with the Ikwerres but we don't claim them. We only see them as brothers.

My point is no one is claiming anybody.
Igbos are not interested in claiming Ikwerres.
Everyman is free to chart his course....your arnu theory or not because I am knowledgeable about genealogy and can put out true documented historica facts but that's not necessary nor my point.

the point is no Ikwerre should reverse their claims later when it sooths them for another narrative.

It's not only Ikwerres that Igbos have lots of things in common there are the Ikas,the Akwa Ibom tribes and etc to a good extent but Igbos don't claim them even with some many similarities.

As for Ikwerres, if you say you are a different tribe then no problem but don't change narratives later.

1 Like

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Polchiz(m): 2:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
chrisxxx:
Ikwerre is not Igbo just as Igbos are not Ikwerres. Just as Yorubas and Bini share some similarities that is same with Ikwerres and Igbos. I am Ikwerre and have done extensive research on this.
The same way igbos ha e different dialects is the same Ikwerres have. We dont speak the same dialect. We have over 10 dialects just as igbos.
Good question. The Arochukwu Confederacy had Ikwerre land under its influence. They are generally called Arnu people in Ikwerre land. They were mainly the Igbo people who maltreated the Ikwerres and made an average Ikwerre man to despise igbos. But liberation from the neocolonialism came during the civil war. At the fall of Biafra the Arnu people were targeted by some Ikwerre Communities that had hosted for years. This made them to abandon this area and headed towards Igbo mainland. Others were not attacked but out of fear of their past to their neighborhood absconded as well. However when some got to boundary communities like Isiokkpo and Elele some lenient Ikwerre men gave them refuge. This was so particularly as many of them didn't even know their home of origin in Igbo land. Among these communities that gave them land to stay they still see them as non indigenes. The Arnu descendants of these towns are the Ikwerres who make case that Ikwerre is Igbo. I have just revealed the findings of my investigation.
Amaechi might be a descendant of the Arnus. In that case he is an Ikwerre person as a result of his grandparents settlement and an Igbo man by ancestry..
Thanks.
Amaechi himself said that he is Igbo:
https://www.thecable.ng/amaechi-im-igbo-jonathan-says-name-azikiwe-cant-speak-language

Are you okay now or you want to write another essay?
Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by chrisxxx(m): 3:24pm On Apr 10, 2022
Polchiz:

Amaechi himself said that he is Igbo:
https://www.thecable.ng/amaechi-im-igbo-jonathan-says-name-azikiwe-cant-speak-language

Are you okay now or you want to write another essay?
If you read my essay you wouldn't be stupid.
Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Polchiz(m): 5:14pm On Apr 10, 2022
chrisxxx:

If you read my essay you wouldn't be stupid.

You can pass your information without insult
Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by adekolaelect(m): 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Shut up and stop talking nonsense

Amaechi younger brother's name is Uchenna

Why Igbo names if he's not Igbo according to you ?
Ikwere no get dia own name aside Igbo name?
calmdow ... Angry worior anybody can bear any names they like .A simple yes or no question has put many of you in unending explanations simply bcs you want to claim what is not yours . Has Ameachi came out to claim Igbo as a Tribe before many of you kill yourselves on unknown ceremonial Presidencial aspirant in APC.
Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by oceania100(m): 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2022
chrisxxx:
Thanks.

Another concocted story after the Benin people deny you guys. Continue....
Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Perfectbeing(m): 6:07pm On Apr 10, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

Dele is a Yoruba name but Dele Momodu is not a Yoruba man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Aspirants That Have Obtained APC N100m Nomination Form / Tinubu the Man With A Great Vision: The New Lagos Tinubu Already Built And More / Which States And Areas Was Obi Rigged Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.