Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,468 members, 7,971,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 02:17 PM

Am I Too Soft, Gentle, Kind... And Being Taken For Granted... - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Am I Too Soft, Gentle, Kind... And Being Taken For Granted... (768 Views)

The Moment Baba Ijesha Collapsed While Being Taken To Prison (Video) / Emijay: Nigerian Man Murdered In His Istanbul Apartment Being Taken To Ambulance / Men Forced To Pay N200K After Being Taken Into The Bush By SARS In Imo. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Too Soft, Gentle, Kind... And Being Taken For Granted... by RedMac: 9:31pm On Apr 10, 2022
Good evening everyone...

I was not too sure of how to construct the title of this post... But i want you guys to help me clear something here...

Generally i am a gentle, kind, humble and in fact known to be a quite guy... but recently i look at activities around my life in the past 3 months and i noticed i am being taken for granted cos of how gentle i am...

first scenario: when i moved into my new self contain apartment, i was welcomed joyously by the already existing tenants there, there's this old man (old enough to be my father anyway) instantly he became the closest person to me in the compound, he would tell me everything about how things are being done, how much to pay for each utility bills, we were going on well as neighbors, no problems... then i traveled for some days, and when i came back, he came to knock at my door and said "my pikin, you travel, i said yes... then he jokingly said when you dey come like this you go buy bread come for papa, i smiled at him and he smiled back, but before God and man, i was not happy with what he said (the bread aspect) i get irritated when people tell me or ask me "where is the bread you brought for us"... i let all these go, hoping this man was just joking...

two days later as i was coming back, just about to enter my house, he stopped me and told me how he has been at the hospital trying to save his daughters life that lost her baby during pregnancy, at first i was like how that wan take concern me, her husband no dey there... after so much talk, we parted ways... then something told me to help this man, that for him to bring up this issue to me he needs financial support, i went to his house gave him 5k... and he was very happy, he told his wife... she started her own, thanking me like i have given them 5 billion naira...

then this evening he saw me again after about a week or so, and said "my son i never see you for sometime now o, i told em, i traveled and he said okay, i just say make i remind u say nepa go soon ask for money o, i said no wahala... he knew i was in a hurry to leave his presence, and he provoked me by repeating those words (if you dey come like this you go just buy small bread come give papa) if not that he's an advanced man, i would have insulted him... these are the kind of things that makes people run away from old people... is he trying to take my being gentle and humble before him for granted and be milking me or what... please o... make una help me o

second scenario: There's this proprietress of a school i worked for, when i did the work for her she knew from day one how humble, loyal and gentle i was, as her staffs even testified to it... normally those who worked for her previously would demand for money before the work will be done, but i don't do that... she even asked me, and i told er, madam i don't put money before this work, i prefer to finish the work before i start asking for money, i believe she was happy and not hoping she has seen a fool... anyway i finished the work up to 95% level... and this woman all of a sudden decide to spoil a good relationship i had built with her, all because of how quiet i am... she paid me small amount of the money at the beginning and when i completed her job, i told her to give me the balance, and she stopped picking my calls... i was like what the hell is happening... are quite people really being taken for granted, why do some people like to be treated in a rough manner... i stopped calling her and let things be for that moment cos i knew there would be a time she would be the one calling me...

the time came when she would need a document from me to summit at WAEC office, and she called my line more than 30 times i refused to pick, she was shocked how i could do that to her... then she went on my Whatsapp to say There's God... i quickly replied her and said madam you took me for granted, i did your work and when it was time to pay me you stopped picking my calls, cos i probably don't matter to u anymore, i sent her the documents... but warned her i will still deal with her at another point if she don't pay me my balance... she has still not paid me (i don't disturb people to pay me my money)

now the time will come when she would need me to do something for her school, which will enable her student WAEC result be released, and if i don't do it she will have to pay a fine of over 100k before i would be allowed to do it again... i have made up my mind to use this to punish her for taking me for granted...

I just don't know, do Nigerians really love to deal with tough people... often times i have heard people say quite people are often more dangerous, and with what am about to do, i might just be one of those quite people that are dangerous to deal with... first with that man asking me for bread as if am a yahoo boy and this school owner
Re: Am I Too Soft, Gentle, Kind... And Being Taken For Granted... by immortalcrown(m): 9:33pm On Apr 10, 2022
Their sins are theirs and will attract punishment on them. Your own sin is your own and will attract punishment on you.

If what you have said is true, you have not offended God in your dealings with those people. But doing some things in the future out of anger might mean sinning against God. So be careful. Two wrongs might make a right before man. But two wrongs never make a right before God.

Here is my main advice:
A wise sower of seed does not get discouraged because bad weather affected the seed he planted in the morning. He sows in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening and even at night. The night one might end up being the best. The first set of people you have shown kindness to might have abused you seriously. But do not become a bad person. Someone you are yet to meet might appreciate your kindness beyond your expectation.

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Soft, Gentle, Kind... And Being Taken For Granted... by Taywon: 9:46pm On Apr 10, 2022
Rule no 1: avoid familiarity...

Rule no 2: Learn to say No

2 Likes

Re: Am I Too Soft, Gentle, Kind... And Being Taken For Granted... by RedMac: 9:50pm On Apr 10, 2022
immortalcrown:
Their sins are theirs and will attract punishment on them. Your own sin is your own and will attract punishment on you.

If what you have said is true, you have not offended God in your dealings with those people. But doing some things in the future out of anger might mean sinning against God. So be careful. Two wrongs might make a right before man. But two wrongs never make a right before God.

often times when i think of how to punish evil people that pay evil for good... like this school proprietress, i remember that which says "Lord how many times shall we forgive those who offends us... seventy seven times seven times"

but this people do wickedness intentionally, its just like they feel good doing it... how can i work for you and you don't want to pay, and you are comfortable... its more like saying to themselves, he's not human or a lesser human before us... he can't get to our level, so lets oppress him
Re: Am I Too Soft, Gentle, Kind... And Being Taken For Granted... by Cyphar(m): 9:51pm On Apr 10, 2022
Just be yourself. Dont allow people's attitude to change you

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Soft, Gentle, Kind... And Being Taken For Granted... by RedMac: 9:51pm On Apr 10, 2022
Taywon:
Rule no 1: avoid familiarity...

Rule no 2: Learn to say No

i swear i must follow this rule, i must try to be a little bit hard to some persons in this life

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Video: Muslims Kill And Burn Female Student For Insulting Prophet Muhammad / ❗️randy Pastor Impregnates 2 Sisters At Kafanchan Mountain Top / Frustrated Yahoo Boy Weeps Profusely As He Prays For Rich Client To Locate Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.