Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,406 members, 7,937,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 06:15 PM

Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi (33582 Views)

How I Embraced Sexual Purity - My Personal Journey / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by Nezzjnr: 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2022
Most people didn't even read
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by Naijanascam: 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2022
simplesearch:

You think great achievers have time watching television, whether Christians or not? Do a research on this and see what you'll come up to. That thing is actually meant to waste your time and potentials. Even now there is nothing in that interview showing his encouragement to people to grab one, all he's saying is that since it has become one of the tools for propagating evil on a wider scale, believer should key into the positive aspect to disseminate the gospel. Not necessarily waste your time on many of those frivolous episodes and soap operas. Do you know how many homes that have hit the rock because of the belligerent consequences of those addictive programmes on Telemundos and other fictitious TV plays?

You just played the Victim and the Victor at the same time...............

In everything never forget your sixth sense that's what separates you from an animal

2 Likes

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by flamingREED(m): 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2022
Though late, he's still setting the pace.

In a few days time, it would be DLBC global Easter retreat programme anchored from Rivers State headquarters, Rumuodara.

Join us and have power against the unprecedented end time vawulence that wants to consume the world as we yarn.

1 Like

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by SKIBiNSKI(m): 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2022
Kumuyi is a scammers and a crook, he has managed to brainwash his gullible ignorant worshippers for years not to watch TV suddenly his So called Jehova or God has changed, clearly his Jehova is not the same from all those years... thanks to technology grin grin technology Is God as i ve always told worshippers of unexistence sky God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by Speaklove: 4:41pm On Apr 11, 2022
May God continue to strengthen our father Reverend kumuyi .

May you live long and may the nest generation continue with your legacy of holiness ,and righteousness .

1 Like

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by Goldbw122(m): 4:42pm On Apr 11, 2022
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by Matrixlord2021: 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2022
DeepRoyal:
As hard as I think, I really don't have an opinion on Kumuyi. Unlike the other G.Os, I don't know what he's like or much media news about him.

I suppose he is right when he said his church did not embrace tech as a weapon early on for the gospel, just as it had rejected those earlier inventions. Which confirms he's point because I grew up on tv. He was out of the media.

But having read this I would say of him, he sticks with the old ways, and the old ways are safe, they are the ways of the Fathers and that for me puts him as a good man and even more so a geninue General of God.
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by SKIBiNSKI(m): 4:44pm On Apr 11, 2022
simplesearch:

You think great achievers have time watching television, whether Christians or not? Do a research on this and see what you'll come up to. That thing is actually meant to waste your time and potentials. Even now there is nothing in that interview showing his encouragement to people to grab one, all he's saying is that since it has become one of the tools for propagating evil on a wider scale, believer should key into the positive aspect to disseminate the gospel. Not necessarily waste your time on many of those frivolous episodes and soap operas. Do you know how many homes that have hit the rock because of the belligerent consequences of those addictive programmes on Telemundos and other fictitious TV plays?
Your own brainwashing is epic, no coming back... cheesy even the scamming pastor is not this much of a sheeple.
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by simplesearch: 4:44pm On Apr 11, 2022
Thinktwicemybro:
Remaining trousers for ladies.

The same church that will condemn trousers for women in Nigeria will not condemn it in their branches in America and UK.

You can YouTube deeper life America and UK and view their mode of dressing, it's same everywhere. God's standard of righteousness is same throughout the world.

1 Like

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by SKIBiNSKI(m): 4:45pm On Apr 11, 2022
Naijanascam:

In everything never forget your sixth sense that's what separates you from an animal
Don't mind the brainwashed goon
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by Bbbw: 4:45pm On Apr 11, 2022
Oh
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by Legalese(m): 4:48pm On Apr 11, 2022
So the church no get scientists that understand how these things work.
They have to wait for the world before waking up.
Toh.
My own be say, God has given us brains to think and understand things sha.

1 Like

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by SKIBiNSKI(m): 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2022
Deeper life? Those sanctimonious hyporcrites who are always knocking on my door uninvited every saturday morning just to sell me a glossy magazine full with fairytale pictures of so called paradise and lies. For some reasons their fictious paradise pictures always looks like some where in new zealand, Europe and Australia. No paradise pictures of Africa grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by simplesearch: 5:06pm On Apr 11, 2022
Naijanascam:

Your sixth sense is important where the word of God is not involved; for God's word is the final authority over our lives, and with it we shall all be judged at the end of time.

Revelation 22:18
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by caye(m): 5:11pm On Apr 11, 2022
Janosky:

Oga OLAADEGBU, come here & receive tutorial you have been denying on Nairaland.

OLAADEGBU is a WHITE MAN!
He's a white racist with an agenda to further the white narration, using the minds of black simpletons, simple.

You should have known that since now.
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by slowice(m): 5:16pm On Apr 11, 2022
Better late than never
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by BRATISLAVA: 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
treesun:
Lalasticlala, I remembered one of my mum's cousin, anytime he comes to our house, he will go and sit outside if we are watching TV, he will say we are watching, devil's box!

LMAO.

1 Like

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by simplesearch: 5:34pm On Apr 11, 2022
SKIBiNSKI:
Deeper life? Those sanctimoniously hyporcrites who are always knocking on my door uninvited every saturday morning just to sell me a glossy magazine full with fairytale pictures of so called paradise and lies. For some reasons their fictious paradise pictures always looks like some where in new zealand, Europe and Australia. No paradise pictures of Africa grin grin

It will do you good to yield to Christ. The gospel that discourages you from continuing in sins, is the true gospel that can lead you to a safe eternity in heaven. The gospel does not particularly appeal to your emotion and mind; but primarily your will. Surrender your will to God let him have mastery over your life and you'll be grateful for all eternity.

1 Like

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by Naijanascam: 5:36pm On Apr 11, 2022
simplesearch:

Your sixth sense is important where the word of God is not involved; for God's word is the final authority over our lives, and with it we shall all be judged at the end of time.

Revelation 22:18
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

You can follow him sheepishly for he is your God....... and it's nobody's business.....
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by space9880: 5:38pm On Apr 11, 2022
So because you do not understand something you call it evil. I even think say na God tell you say radio and TV dey evil I nor know say your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by Daughterboard(m): 5:46pm On Apr 11, 2022
Law of man. It's no longer Jesus is coming but Jesus is Lord!
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by Spizzy1: 5:51pm On Apr 11, 2022
Deeper life now welcomes devil's box in their homes.

Hmmm, religion and mental slavery.
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by timefarm(m): 6:01pm On Apr 11, 2022
Thinktwicemybro:
Remaining trousers for ladies.

The same church that will condemn trousers for women in Nigeria will not condemn it in their branches in America and UK.
Stop saying what you dont know.
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by chatinent: 6:02pm On Apr 11, 2022
Lol.
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by SURElee(f): 6:10pm On Apr 11, 2022
qekng40:
I'm so angry right now!

In Lasisi's voice.

Edited: To everyone quoting me and asking why I'm angry, hear this!

This man of God condemned the use of this thing from his gullible members years ago. We had a family friend then, they had TV and all but the boys didn't wear jeans to church because it was a sin to wear jeans, jeans oh. There are so many other things but lemme stop here!

Leave them. Our neighbor in Asaba years ago threw their TV sets away, and his children will be peaking through windows to watch other people's tv.

I currently have a neighbor who even plays Olamide's pawon in the presence of his 2 and 9year old niece and nephew respectively.

When people don't understand how they can use technology for good, they criticize it. Now e don dawn on them. Ordinary youth programme, they were condemning. Na wa.
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by SmileDance(f): 6:10pm On Apr 11, 2022
I know someone who declined a job offer at NTA in those days because kumuyi said television is a sin.
This television issue was what sent Tunde Bakare out of the church

1 Like

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by Karleb(m): 6:16pm On Apr 11, 2022

“The church has been asleep. When radio began some years ago, people didn’t understand how voices would be coming out of a radio, and so the church at that time said, ‘No, we cannot use radio, there is something there that is magical, that is demonic, voice coming out from just a gadget?’ The church said no. Then, the people of the world began to use the radio. Then the church woke up.

“When television came, somebody somewhere performing drama, they see him on the screen and then the church said, ‘This is evil, these are the last days, look at them, bringing pictures on the screen and whatever they are doing somewhere’. And the church said, ‘No, we are not going to use that’ but later they woke up and they are now using the television.

The problem was just illiteracy! grin

I thought kumuyi was educated. sad

1 Like

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by fimzzy1991: 6:21pm On Apr 11, 2022
musicwriter:
This fool caused me to lose a Bob Marley album that I could no longer find. I was fully in deeper life church back in 1994 and a brother had to destroy a "catch fire album" by Bob Marley and the Wailers because it was a "worldly" music. We did all sort of dumb things because we were following a dumber man called Kumuyi.

The most stupid thing I've ever done in my life was to believe in Jesus.

I'm sorry for whatever/whoever has hurt you in the past. It's definitely not Jesus. He loves you despite your anger towards him
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by Bmaster(m): 6:25pm On Apr 11, 2022
God's silence have wrecked a great havoc on many gullible minds.

Oh Lord,Teach people who genuinely wish to learn thee
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by Deadlytruth(m): 6:32pm On Apr 11, 2022
Wazobia2216:
This is the reason many ungodly people thinks that Christians are brainwashed

Your doctrine were mainly what you think and not what the Holy Ghost directed!
Christ himself used the facilities available as at that time!

He never deprived or discourage his followers from doing that!

I am not the one to judge but I believe that being a christian should be a relationship solely between you and God!

You just took the bolded out of my mouth.
I have always said it that most G.Os can't really differentiate between their personal opinions and the directives of the Holy Spirit. Imagine this man who consistently maintained for decades that use of television is sinful and termed it 'Devil's box now turning around to endorse it many years after a lot of his followers had thrown away their TV sets and brought up their kids to believe that TV is evil. The Holy Spirit is never an author of confusion or inconsistency hence it can't classify an act as sinful today and later on classify the same act as not sinful. It is like the Holy Spirit later telling us anew now that adultery is not a sin after nearly 2000 years of the Gospel and even our natural consciences making us understand it was.
Soon, this man will reverse himself on the use of earrings and other jewelery for females and secular music.
This is why I read the bible myself and don't believe what I can't see in it expressely stated in unequivocal terms.

2 Likes

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by suffering: 6:35pm On Apr 11, 2022
Deeper life embraced them because change is constant in life. End of story.

1 Like

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:51pm On Apr 11, 2022
Excelloque:

And you think you made sense?

After reading, sorry o! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Lands In Egypt For 'Help From Above' (Photos) / Is Obama Preparing The Way For 666? / Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.