Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,133 members, 7,946,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 07:21 AM

Caution To All Importers! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Caution To All Importers! (714 Views)

Forex Curbs: CBN Moves To Ease Importers' Plight / How To Overcome Spending Without Caution / DSTV HAUNTING DONGLE SELLERS: A NEED FOR CAUTION BY ALL AND SUNDRY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caution To All Importers! by glowithdan(m): 4:31pm On Jul 06, 2011
wharf rats they call them, but to me the devil's workshop they are! What on Earth should be the explanation of breaking the glass someone's van (bus), just to steal some some products?
This happened to me only recently (last week); the back glass was totally broken off, and about 25 pieces of the product (LCD and PLASMA all the way from the United Kingdom) stolen. Side mirror removed, and the ignition key totally destroyed!

What on earth could be the reason for this unkind attitude towards a fellow human? The products are misunderstood be gotten at cheap prices here (UK), which is far from the truth.

I weep for the country, because nothing seems to be working in her favour! I advice, the house to learn from my lesson and avoid such mistake ( or what ever it may be called).
Re: Caution To All Importers! by Seun(m): 5:01pm On Jul 06, 2011
Sorry, but I'm not very clear on what happened to you. Hope you can make up the losses asap.
Re: Caution To All Importers! by femmy2010(m): 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2011
glowithdan:

wharf rats they call them, but to me the devil's workshop they are! What on Earth should be the explanation of breaking the glass someone's van (bus), just to steal some some products?
This happened to me only recently (last week); the back glass was totally broken off, and about 25 pieces of the product (LCD and PLASMA all the way from the United Kingdom) stolen. Side mirror removed, and the ignition key totally destroyed!

What on earth could be the reason for this unkind attitude towards a fellow human? The products are misunderstood be gotten at cheap prices here (UK), which is far from the truth.

I weep for the country, because nothing seems to be working in her favour! I advice, the house to learn from my lesson and avoid such mistake ( or what ever it may be called).

So sad and i do hope things get better for us in Nigeria.
as an advice,make sure a copy of bill of lading reach your clearing agent much before the arrival of the vessel conveying your vehicle.
That way he would be able to safe guard your items.
Sorry for your loss.
Re: Caution To All Importers! by vickynet39(m): 6:21pm On Jul 06, 2011
I dont really get how it happened but my brother sorry for you loss, God will replenish you
Re: Caution To All Importers! by pleep(m): 7:43pm On Jul 06, 2011
this sucks, were your goods stolen in Nigeria?
perhaps that should be the responsibility of the buyer. Next time try getting him to pay half before you ship. Maybe only take responsibility for getting it safely to the port.

good luck, sorry for your loss.

you edited your post: damn, so they broke into your car at the port? thats rediculous Nigeria is getting so messed up.
Re: Caution To All Importers! by glowithdan(m): 7:16am On Jul 07, 2011
@ all: Thanks for your concern!
I have always known the activities of the wharf rats in Lagos, thus the bus was properly secured ( weldded at every angle here in the UK before exported); but never known the antics of these boys has gone these far as breaking off a whole back glass of a Van, just to steal.

I begin to wonder where the courage comes from in defending one's country's image abroad, when things like this happens to crusaders like us,
It's really a pity, such things still happen under the very nose of government officials. The country I believe still have a very long way to go!

@ Anada:I will advice you ply your trade elsewhere, becouse I won't blink an eye in hunting and putting you behind bars for years! Be careful.
Re: Caution To All Importers! by chines4(m): 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2011
My brother sorry ooo.

But next time make sure that the B of L gets to u'r agent on time.

Also how honest is your agent? some of them will actual be the culprit, and not the wharf rats as they may want you to believe
Re: Caution To All Importers! by femmy2010(m): 7:29pm On Jul 07, 2011
chines4:

My brother sorry ooo.

But next time make sure that the B of L gets to u'r agent on time.

Also how honest is your agent? some of them will actual be the culprit, and not the wharf rats as they may want you to believe

True.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Jv Partner For |50,000naira| / My Top 5 Commandments When Building Your Online Mlm Business / Aliko Dangote – Africa’s Pride In Entrepreneurship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.