Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,970 members, 7,919,106 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 09:49 PM

Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure (20578 Views)

Odion Ighalo Set To Extend Man Utd Stay Till January 2021 As New Loan Deal Is Ag / Arsene Wenger To Be Offered Bayern Munich Managerial Job Till End Of Season / Victor Moses And Ahmed Musa Snub NFF President Amaju Pinnick At Yaounde Airporta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by FishLaps: 10:39am On Apr 13, 2022
Nigeria Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick insists he won’t resign his position as head of the country’s FA despite calls for him to quit following the Super Eagles failure to qualify for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

In an interview with Arise TV, Pinnick took responsibility for the Eagles inability to reach qualify for their fourth consecutive appearance at the Mundial, after losing out in the final play-off to perennial rivals Ghana last month, but insisted he won’t back down.

“Some people say, ‘oh, take responsibility and resign.’ I’m a soldier, I’ll stay till the end of my tenure,” Pinnick said. Check Free Canada Visa Deals

“Taking responsibility doesn’t mean you are guilty, it’s just a courtesy out of maturity and out of the fact that you don’t want to ascribe blames to your subordinates. It’s quite unfortunate knowing that you didn’t do anything, knowing that you had sleepless nights.

“We did everything, but unfortunately we are out and we’ll bury our heads, but we’ll learn, that’s the beautiful thing. So, basically, we need to move from step one to step two.”

Speaking further, Pinnick added that the federation was not responsible for the Eagles failure to qualify for the World Cup, saying the entire team was given everything they needed to pick a ticket for Qatar 2022.

“We sat down with the players and made them to know the importance of that game and we gave them everything. Up till this moment, I don’t think you can fault the NFF. You can fault us in the past, but in these two games (versus Ghana), with all due respect, I think we are faultless. But like I said earlier, I take responsibility as head of the football federation in Nigeria.”

Source: https://punchng.com/im-a-soldier-ill-stay-till-end-of-my-tenure-pinnick/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by Hamzaaaaaaaa(m): 10:56am On Apr 13, 2022
In DJ cuppy voice.... you no Sabi your work

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by duro4chang(m): 10:58am On Apr 13, 2022
Stay put now.

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by Kestolove(m): 11:08am On Apr 13, 2022
I support u pinnick...

8 Likes

Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by Iyadesa: 11:09am On Apr 13, 2022
This is the type of people that fits this country

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by WibusJaga: 11:28am On Apr 13, 2022

Why should he resign when Buhari has not resigned?

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by kenzysmith: 11:49am On Apr 13, 2022
Hamzaaaaaaaa:
In DJ cuppy voice.... you no Sabi your work
quiet ur mouth u campaign for rohr sack which he did. U also campaign for eguaveon to be retained after nation cup 2nd round failure he also did to u guys bidding he even brought emmauel amuneke to assist too. U said maduka okoye is not good that uzoho should be keep the world cup qualifier oga maduka pretended to be ill for your manuel neuer to be in goal. Should amaju have gone ahead to install piesero and the team failed to qaulify d same u go come out say he would be left eguaveon in charge. I hate hypocrisy he really let nigerians have their say let face d truth.

Why still blame people again they swear for u.

40 Likes

Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by festacman(m): 3:49pm On Apr 13, 2022
Which kain soja? You be comedian, jooor!

20 Likes

Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 13, 2022
With that your head wey be like Cone.

Most useless NFF President

See him head like picnic box

Nonsense and clueless leader

With head like Dome

15 Likes

Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by DoctorDree(m): 3:49pm On Apr 13, 2022
This man has destroyed everything the NFF stands for and still nothing has been done about him and how corrupt he has been.....
No sector in this country is free from corruption.....

9 Likes

Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by Proudlycanadian: 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2022
We have no problem with you as a person, we just want the team doing well
Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by israelmao(m): 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2022
Fake soldier who has reduced Nigerian football to a footnote of history, the younger brother of Major General Buhari.It's only in Nigeria that leaders hold tight to power in spite of their glaring failures.

7 Likes

Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by slawormiir: 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Hahaha

This is to say we die here..and that Nigerians don't know what they have put thier hand into

Africans nor dey resign

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by NaijaCuzin: 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2022
F
Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by Seyiemath(m): 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2022
Only in Nigeria u can say this. Even a coach in epl will win trophy this season next season he will outperform but he will be sacked not living to current expectations.
Is that how you run your own business not producing good results only to say I did everything to stay in business.
Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by Deeprooted: 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
That's the mentality of an average Nigerian, especially Northerners, they'll rather die in power than give it to a more qualified person.

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by Felabrity: 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
You better sack yourself
Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by virginboy1(m): 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
How come Nigeria keeps on having failures as leaders in almost every sector cry

Who our ancestors offend??

I just hope 2023, another failure won't be bestowed as our Leader. cry
Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by slimsucre: 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
Na your papa house?
Una don succeed in killing our football
In saner climes this mofo would have resigned

4 Likes

Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by endsarrrs(f): 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
Buhari is a soja. Pinnick is a soja.

Both of them are the most useless presidents Nigeria have at this time

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by INTEGRITYA1(m): 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
Okay
Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by Theunbothered: 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
Impersonation
Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by PoliteActivist: 3:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
He even looks stubborn.
Stubborn in a mumuish sort of way

slimsucre:
Na your papa house?
Una don succeed in killing our football
In saner climes this mofo would have resigned

And probably be under indictment for one corrupt practice or another

3 Likes

Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by Cholls(m): 3:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
My brother taaaa

Re: Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure by watchindelta(m): 3:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
Yeah yeah man this man no Sabi em work jor, rust there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? / Man U Drops To 6th As Dallas Cowboys Remains Most Valuable Team / ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.