Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,524 members, 7,948,028 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 12:42 PM

Soludo Must Shun Every Distraction And Face Governance -rev. Nwachukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Must Shun Every Distraction And Face Governance -rev. Nwachukwu (409 Views)

Muslims must shun to Labour strike - MURIC / Soludo Must Arrange Some Skyscrapers For Onitsha / Outcome Of APC Southwest Leaders Meeting, Aspirants Must Shun Names Calling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Must Shun Every Distraction And Face Governance -rev. Nwachukwu by okeychris(m): 4:22pm On Apr 13, 2022

Rev Dr. Jeremiah Nwachukwu-Ugochukwu is the Senior Pastor, Bible Base Miracle Assembly, Nkpor, Anambra State.​ ​ In this interview, he speaks about the 2023 presidential election, his relationship with Uma Ukpai, his advice to Charles Soludo, among other issues.

What’s your view about ongoing agitation for a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction in 2023?

I am not among those talking about Igbo presidency in 2023, because, I believe the region is not ready politically to produce president. One, Igbo political elite is concentrated in the PDP.​ ​ They make little percentage in the ruling All Progressive Congress. With a scenario like this, it would be hard for APC to give its presidential ticket to the southeast, except the party is planning to fail, and has decided to gift the presidency to the PDP.

The Southeast are more inclined towards PDP, but even if the PDP gives its presidency to the southeast, it will be difficult to win the APC, which is more dominant in the southwest, and APC is likely to move in that direction.

The southeast believes it is their turn to produce president. They believe that they have sacrificed so much to the unity and continued coexistence of Nigeria. They are insisting that the presidency should rotate, not just between the north and the south; but also between the south west and the south east. They’re correct!

But, it is clear that votes of Igbo people alone cannot give them presidency. In 2015, the entire south-east gave Jonathan two million, five hundred thousand votes. How could the Igbo decide their fate in 2023 with that number?

Again, how could people who are undecided on whether they want presidency, Biafra or referendum achieve presidency? Most political leaders in the south-east are driven by selfish tendencies, and this has affected the people over the years. Will a president of Igbo extraction be realized when the people are not united, and cannot speak with one voice?

Would you comment on ex-Governor Obiano’s face-off with EFCC?

I don’t have much to comment because the main case of the former governor of Anambra State with EFCC is not yet open to the world. The only reservation or suspicion about the whole issue was the haste with which he wanted to travel out of the country, just few hours after handing over to his successor. It was suspicious that he handed over in the afternoon, and went to the airport in the evening hours to travel to Texas, USA.​ ​ It sounds suspicious. Notwithstanding, he has the right to decide what to do, when to do it, and how to do it. He has the freedom of movement. But one would have expected him to take a little rest before traveling out. But he said he was traveling on health grounds. So, he should be assumed innocent until he is proved to have committed any crime. If he has case with EFCC, he should face the case squally; but if it were stage-managed to embarrass him, EFCC should tender unreserved apology for the breach in his fundamental rights.

What is your advice to Governor Charles Soludo?

I will advice Governor Charles Soludo not to allow issues unrelated to business of his office to distract him from realizing the expectations of his people. Issues such as sit-at-home initiated by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) have been there before he came to office. It did not stop his predecessor and other governors of the south-east from actualizing the businesses of governing their states. So, he should not allow it to sway his attention. That should not be his focus for now.

Soludo should not allow trifling issues to sway his attention from the business of governance. There are many issues yearning for attention. Much is expected of him from the people that elected him into office. He cannot afford to disappoint their expectations.

Also, the governor should shun sycophants. He should learn from the mistakes of those that allowed false people to lock around them. The governor should listen to constructive advises. He should listen to those that have good intentions. That is how he will succeed.

I will also commend him for his vision to keep Onitsha and its environs clean, especially the markets. I will also advise citizens of the state not to sabotage the exercise and the governor’s efforts; since they are good steps towards healthier Anambra State.​ ​ Soludo should also avoid wasteful spending, but should channel the state resources to areas they are most needed.

Again, since he is the only governor of APGA extraction, he should strive to make it a regional party; not state party. I will advise him to move towards propagating the party in other S’east states. 2023 general election is a good opportunity for him to start this bold step.

Recently, you bagged honorary doctorate degree in Theology. What would this say about your ministry?

I was surprised to get a letter from the office of my father in the Lord, Rev. Dr. Uma Ukpai, the president and founder of Uma Ukpai Evangelistic Association that I would be conferred the Honorary Doctor of Theology from Uma Ukpai Theological School, an affiliate of the University of Uyo.

I am very excited that such honour was bestowed on me by a renowned father. I know he has many sons; but we were only six that bagged the doctorate award; including the present governor of Akwa Ibom State. I felt very excited. I also understand that it is a call to greater duty. I promise that by the grace of God, I will do the much that I can to continue to serve God and humanity.

What is your personal relationship with Uma Ukpai?

It was in 2007 that he adopted me officially as his spiritual son. In 2009, he honoured our invitation to be with us in the Bible Base Miracle Assembly during our City Wide Crusade. Since then, he had continued to minister in our church for uninterrupted 13 years. The honour was because of our little contributions to the kingdom in evangelizing the world, and winning more souls to Christ.

Re: Soludo Must Shun Every Distraction And Face Governance -rev. Nwachukwu by Zenithh: 4:28pm On Apr 13, 2022
Gud
Re: Soludo Must Shun Every Distraction And Face Governance -rev. Nwachukwu by Mooh247: 4:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
cool

Can't believe I read all this long epistle and i must say I am highly impressed

This Reverend seem to be highly cerebral and well articulate on current National politics...

If the silly Ohaneze and IPOB miscreants speak in this similar intelligent manner and not barking and chestbeating or insulting others perhaps Ibos might have a chance soon at the National stage

Re: Soludo Must Shun Every Distraction And Face Governance -rev. Nwachukwu by triple996(m): 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2022
mkpurumiri is d only drug that can turn human beings to wild animals, look at ipob grin
Re: Soludo Must Shun Every Distraction And Face Governance -rev. Nwachukwu by greatiyk4u(m): 4:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
He is politically but not realistically right in his personal opinion
Re: Soludo Must Shun Every Distraction And Face Governance -rev. Nwachukwu by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 13, 2022
okeychris:

What is your advice to Governor Charles Soludo?

I will advice Governor Charles Soludo not to allow issues unrelated to business of his office to distract him from realizing the expectations of his people. Issues such as sit-at-home initiated by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) have been there before he came to office. It did not stop his predecessor and other governors of the south-east from actualizing the businesses of governing their states. So, he should not allow it to sway his attention. That should not be his focus for now.

Soludo should not allow trifling issues to sway his attention from the business of governance. There are many issues yearning for attention. Much is expected of him from the people that elected him into office. He cannot afford to disappoint their expectations.
If Nigerian elders believe a Governor, who is the Chief Security Officer of the State, is distracting himself by restraining the activities of rebels within his State simply because previous Governors ignored it then we can officially say fighting insecurity is not the function of the Government. A Governor who fights a gang of terrorists in the North East seeking to break out of Nigeria to form an Islamic State is distracting himself, he should focus on Governance grin

Let's apply it at the Federal Level. The President should not distract himself by fighting Terrorists in the North East and North West, he should focus on building infrastructures like railways because when a past Government killed the Boko Haram their terrorist activities increased. THE PRESIDENT SHOULD NOT BE DISTRACTED.
Re: Soludo Must Shun Every Distraction And Face Governance -rev. Nwachukwu by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 13, 2022

(1) (Reply)

2023: Why Are Old Politicians Desperate To Be President? / Over 100 Killed, Vehicles Razed As Illegal Refinery Explodes In Imo / Mothering Sunday: Ofumelu Felicitates With Catholic Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.