Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,717 members, 7,930,462 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 06:57 PM

Barren Female Dogs - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Barren Female Dogs (21800 Views)

Caucasian Male And Female Dogs � / Caucasian Male And Female Dogs � / "Beware Of Dogs, Intruders Will Be Eaten" - In Ikeja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barren Female Dogs by phemmyfour: 9:32pm On Apr 16, 2022
GentlePEACE:
Dear Dog Lovers,

Is it possible for a dog to be barren, i have a female dog i bought as an adult in October 2020, till now, the dog never took in. I don't know the cause.

Please has anybody experience this before and what solution can you proffer

Ìtumọ?
Re: Barren Female Dogs by Aforxzy(f): 9:34pm On Apr 16, 2022
Some bitches can decide not to get pregnant by stretching immediately after mating..

Observe your dog and check if she does this after mating. If yes, then she's delibrating removing the sperm to prevent pregnancy..otherwise take her to a vet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barren Female Dogs by Quim2: 9:35pm On Apr 16, 2022
kolokolobi:

If I may add to this ...you may also do a vaginal cytology test coupled with progesterone test. It will give you bulls eye window period to mate.

Besides these ensure you do a vaginal swab test to be clear there is no underlying infection. If you can, you can also do a hormone profile to be sure also she does not have hormone imbalance.

After the above ensure you use a proven male.

She should conceive.

All this for one Dog?

3 Likes

Re: Barren Female Dogs by kingemaker(m): 9:35pm On Apr 16, 2022
EmekaBlue:
I'm sure you cage your dog alot and don't give her chance to be fvcked by the local dogs around

So how do you want her to get pregnant
God forbid, may local bingo not see my dog grin
Re: Barren Female Dogs by harmargedon: 9:40pm On Apr 16, 2022
LadyRosa:
I am actually interested in this topic.My dog is more 8 years now,never been pregnant.We tried years back to mate her but she got a diseases that almost cost her life.

We bought another dog of different species,she still no gree open body.Akways sits when he wants to climb.The thiniwey dey vex me be say the male dog will sit jejely,she go carry her tongue dey run the guyman Mouth Gig. angry

Yet you still dey close yansh!

After several thoughts I'd to go with my bros conclusion.My dog is a lesbian.

5 Likes

Re: Barren Female Dogs by hezy4real01(m): 9:41pm On Apr 16, 2022
Please how about dogs that refuse to come on heat
Eveezy:

Dogs are different and like humans they ovulate at different time period. Not every dog ovulate during the popular timeframe that we usually assume which is from day 10, some ovulate as early as day 5, while some only start ovulating as late as day 16.
To monitor your dogs ovulation period, you may need to do a progesterone test, or atleast use an ovulation microscope.
There is the common misconception that once a female is flagging, it means she is ovulating but that is not always so, there are bitches that flag without ovulating, and some ovulate without flagging.
Recently I had a dog that came on heat, I started the ovulation testing from day 1, from day 1 to day 14, I saw nothing, meanwhile she started flagging at day 9, I was already fraustrated, and then finally on day 15, she started ovulating, she was eventually mated at day 15, 16 and 17, which are days that most people would have even stop mating thier dogs, as most people do day 9 to day 14.

Note: once a bitch is ovulating, only one mating can even get her pregnant
Re: Barren Female Dogs by tonididdy(m): 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2022
The dog has no womb...

How many abortions e don do? grin
Re: Barren Female Dogs by 1Sharon(f): 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2022
LadyRosa:
I am actually interested in this topic.My dog is more 8 years now,never been pregnant.We tried years back to mate her but she got a diseases that almost cost her life.

We bought another dog of different species,she still no gree open body.Akways sits when he wants to climb.The thiniwey dey vex me be say the male dog will sit jejely,she go carry her tongue dey run the guyman Mouth Gig. angry

Yet you still dey close yansh!

You dog did several abortions.
Re: Barren Female Dogs by Anonymous54: 9:43pm On Apr 16, 2022
GentlePEACE:

Lol. It's actually not funny. I am worried. I need solution

But you laugh..
Re: Barren Female Dogs by hmohammed(m): 9:45pm On Apr 16, 2022
GentlePEACE:
Dear Dog Lovers,

Is it possible for a dog to be barren, i have a female dog i bought as an adult in October 2020, till now, the dog never took in. I don't know the cause.

I had a barren dog that lived for 12 years. She died 6 years ago
Re: Barren Female Dogs by merits(m): 9:46pm On Apr 16, 2022
GentlePEACE:
Dear Dog Lovers,

Not her fault the male dog is using condom during mating that's why.

1 Like

Re: Barren Female Dogs by KELVINXY: 9:47pm On Apr 16, 2022
GentlePEACE:
Dear Dog Lovers,

We have the same issue with the dog back in our family house
Over 2years now no conception…e just Dey chop food
We are even considering selling it off to calabar people sad
Re: Barren Female Dogs by bosteps: 9:49pm On Apr 16, 2022
You are probably timing your matings wrong. Next time she comes on heat, get a vet to run a vagina cytology or progesterone test to enable you detect her point of ovulation. She may be an early or late ovulator.

1 Like

Re: Barren Female Dogs by hope4nigeria(m): 9:53pm On Apr 16, 2022
GentlePEACE:
Dear Dog Lovers,

let her near male dogs, once it's her hit period, the male folks will come around and impregnate her, makesure you don't restrict her then
Re: Barren Female Dogs by TenQ: 10:01pm On Apr 16, 2022
GentlePEACE:
Dear Dog Lovers,

Have you tried IVF?
It's just N700,000 per session per dog. I can link you up to a fertility clinic!
Re: Barren Female Dogs by chiboycue: 10:08pm On Apr 16, 2022
GentlePEACE:
Dear Dog Lovers,

You need to get a male adult dog to stay and mate with your female dog inorder for your female dog to conceive

1 Like

Re: Barren Female Dogs by blackboy(m): 10:10pm On Apr 16, 2022
Buy a male with a track record of scoring. After a year she is not pregnant then confirm she is barren.
Re: Barren Female Dogs by GentlePEACE: 10:10pm On Apr 16, 2022
LadyRosa:

We bought another dog of different species,she still no gree open body.Akways sits when he wants to climb.The thiniwey dey vex me be say the male dog will sit jejely,she go carry her tongue dey run the guyman blow'job. angry

Yet you still dey close yansh!But you dey give am massive bone'r. angry angry

It can be frustrating mehn
Re: Barren Female Dogs by jamace(m): 10:18pm On Apr 16, 2022
KELVINXY:

We have the same issue with the dog back in our family house
Over 2years now no conception…e just Dey chop food
We are even considering selling it off to calabar people sad
grin grin grin grin
Re: Barren Female Dogs by kolokolobi(m): 10:27pm On Apr 16, 2022
Aforxzy:
Some bitches can decide not to get pregnant by stretching immediately after mating.

Observe your dog and check if she does this after mating. If yes, then she's delibrating removing the sperm to prevent pregnancy..otherwise take her to a vet.

This is a fallacy.
Re: Barren Female Dogs by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 16, 2022
Thank God people wey get experience answer this question cuz me I don't know the answer to it although I experienced it too. The dog we had then refused to get pregnant, we got worried about it but did nothing. she later got pregnant twice but intentionally self-aborted it immediately she takes in.

She later carried the third one till full term and even gave birth inside the house, right underneath my bed. Omo I avoided that room for like a week, u go near her pups, you go see craze that day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barren Female Dogs by kolokolobi(m): 10:29pm On Apr 16, 2022
hezy4real01:
Please how about dogs that refuse to come on heat

Get some hormone investigations done.

1 Like

Re: Barren Female Dogs by kolokolobi(m): 10:31pm On Apr 16, 2022
Maryjane001:
Thank God people wey get experience answer this question cuz me I don't know the answer to it although I experienced it too. The dog we had then refused to get pregnant, we got worried about it but did nothing. she later got pregnant twice but intentionally self-aborted it immediately she takes in.

She later carried the third one till full term and even gave birth inside the house, right underneath my bed. Omo I avoided that room for like a week, u go near her pups, you go see craze that day.

Please how do you mean self aborted it.
Re: Barren Female Dogs by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 16, 2022
kolokolobi:

Please how do you mean self aborted it.
I don't really know how she does it but she once her pregnancy becomes visible, piam e don comot. But my mum said it was because she was stretching way too much which is not suppose to be so. Neighbors say make we tie am cloth for belle but that dog na weyrey.

3 Likes

Re: Barren Female Dogs by kolokolobi(m): 10:39pm On Apr 16, 2022
Maryjane001:

I don't really know how she does it but she once her pregnancy becomes visible, piam e don comot. But my mum said it was because she was stretching way too much which is not suppose to be so. Neighbors say make we tie am cloth for belle but that dog na weyrey.

First of all stretching does not cause miscarriage. There could be various reasons why she did not carry to term. Undetected underlying infections may be responsible or her body is not physically or physiological fit to do so.
Re: Barren Female Dogs by BigDawsNet: 10:53pm On Apr 16, 2022
GentlePEACE:
Dear Dog Lovers,

Infertility or barrenness in a female dog is defined as the inability to conceive and deliver viable puppies, even when they neck ham multiple times...

You should take her to vet so they can find a right treatment for her if you can afford it...

Or you get another female dog immediately...

A yoruba proverb... "Ori omo lo Mann pe omo wa ye" meaning...na head of pikin of second wife dey bring child for first wife grin

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Barren Female Dogs by zig2ryme04: 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2022
DO THIS AND YOU WILL THANK ME LATER...

My landlord dog was like that, whenever they mate her she stretches frequently and as a result of stretching she looses the pregnancy.

This is the solution: after mating, tie rope on one leg in front and the other end of the rope on one leg at the back. Make sure the rope is not too long from both legs so she won't be able to stretch.

She will feel uncomfortable but Make sure you don't loose the rope till she conceive and gives birth.

Do this and thank me later

4 Likes

Re: Barren Female Dogs by KELVINXY: 11:07pm On Apr 16, 2022
Aforxzy:
Some bitches can decide not to get pregnant by stretching immediately after mating.

This is so true
I’ve observed it too…

A neighbor has even advised me to give our dog slight cuts under the belly with razor, so to make her to stop stretching when under heat or after mating..
Re: Barren Female Dogs by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 16, 2022
kolokolobi:

First of all stretching does not cause miscarriage. There could be various reasons why she did not carry to term. Undetected underlying infections may be responsible or her body is not physically or physiological fit to do so.
Thanks for the insight.

1 Like

Re: Barren Female Dogs by kingyakos: 11:28pm On Apr 16, 2022
It's either your dog na tomboy or olosho
Re: Barren Female Dogs by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 16, 2022
nifemi25:
Your dog might be using pregnancy preventive . Lol. Just try as much as possible to notice when your dog is on heat, you can take her for mating the second day you noticed she is on her period..... Make sure they mate upto 4 or 5 times , with the method am sure you will have puppies to sell in few months time
Which signs will help to indicate heat period?
Re: Barren Female Dogs by Proudlyomonna: 11:58pm On Apr 16, 2022
GentlePEACE:

Lol. It's actually not funny. I am worried. I need solution

Just kill am chop abegii angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

..::100% Purebreed Rottweiler puppies for sale(Pictures) / Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari / Get CRUSHED NOODLES for dogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 3
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.