Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,489 members, 7,937,426 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 02:30 AM

PDP Inaugurates Caretaker Committee In Osun State(photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Inaugurates Caretaker Committee In Osun State(photos) (276 Views)

Ondo PDP Inaugurates 533-man Presidential Campaign Council For Atiku / Rivers PDP Inaugurates Excos Without Social Distancing (Photos) / Abdusalami-Led Peace Committee In Crucial Meeting With Atiku, Obi In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Inaugurates Caretaker Committee In Osun State(photos) by press9jatv: 5:42pm On Apr 15, 2022
PDP Inaugurates Caretaker Committee in Osun State...

The Caretaker Committee of Osun State People's Democratic Party (PDP), has been inaugurated today Friday April 15, 2022 to run the affairs of the party at the state level.

Speaking at the ceremony held today Friday in Osogbo the state capital, the state PDP caretaker committee chairman, Dr. Akindele Adekunle, assured of carrying all party members along.

Also speaking at the occasion are members of the Adeleke Women of Substance led by Hon. (Mrs) Ayodele Oluwaseyi (Iya Gbogbo) and Hon. (Mrs) Debby Mojisola Omisore, who congratulated Hon. (Mrs) Ayobola Fadeyi Awolowo and other members of the caretaker committee on their inauguration, urging them to work towards making the party stronger in the state and ensure its victory.

The duo, in a joint statement, said the forum shall jointly pursue sustained efforts towards ensuring that the party grows from strength to strength and come out victorious at the July 16 governorship election.

Hon. (Mrs) Ayobola Fadeyi Awolowo also lauded the previous leadership of the party in the state headed by Hon. Sunday Bisi, assuring members of the party that the committee will work to unify Osun State PDP and ensure the victory of its candidate, Distinguished Senator Nurudeen Jackson Ademola Adeleke, at the gubernatorial election.

"We will remain resolute and firm and will. never despair. PDP will clinch the governorship seat in Osun State", Mrs. Awolowo said.

Dignitaries present at the event included party members, lawmakers at the state and National Assembly, party aspirants, Ajagunla Babes amongst others.

Osun PDP Caretaker Committee Resumes Office, Visits Heads Of Security Agencies

https://westerndailynews.com/osun-pdp-caretaker-committee-resumes-office-visits-heads-of-security-agencies/

Re: PDP Inaugurates Caretaker Committee In Osun State(photos) by press9jatv: 5:45pm On Apr 15, 2022
*BEING TEXT OF THE PRESS CONFERENCE BY DR AKINDELE ADEKUNLE ON THE OCCASION OF FORMAL RESUMPTION OF OFFICE AS CHAIRMAN, CARETAKER COMMITTEE OF THE OSUN STATE CHAPTER OF THE PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY*

Gentlemen of the Press.

You would recall that the National Working Committee of our great party led by Dr Iyochia Ayu last week appointed seven eminent members of our party including my humble self, to steer the ship of the Osun State Chapter in line with dictates of constitution of the party.

Myself and members of the team seated with me here have just taken oath of office and it is our collective resolve that there's no time to waste.

We are all alive to the fact that our party is involved in a major election in Osun State in just about three months from now. We are aware we cannot afford to underestimate the magnitude of trust being invested in our party by the highly expectant people of Osun State.

Without much ado, our task is very simple and well laid out. We are to work assiduously with critical stakeholders, esteemed members of our party and the suffering masses of Osun to bring home the much awaited victory of their own government.

We will consolidate on the goodwill already harvested for the party by the Hon Sunday Bisi led team whose tenure had just lapsed. The party is indeed blessed to have the team around at a time the we required tested hands with so much trust by all segments of the populace. May God Almighty continues to bless them.

This Committee like I said, will be focused in line with dictates of our assignment. Already, a high powered Stakeholders meeting has been called for Monday 18th of April, while screening of Aspirants for the three houses of assembly, house of representatives and the senate will follow up on Tuesday, 19th through Wednesday 20th of April.

Aspirants into various political offices as applicable on the banner of our great party are enjoined to prepare themselves accordingly as these activities are in conformity with tasks ahead of us as a party and in strict compliance with the letters of the new Electoral Act.

I want to assure leaders of our party that we will work to conquer together. We will work as advocates of peace and unity for the good of all.

We will work to usher in a government of the people through our party Flagbearer, Senator Ademola Jackson Nurudeen Adeleke.

Within my brief stint in the State, I can attest to the overwhelming acceptability of our candidate among the populace and so as a party, we will work with him to actualize the dream of a new dawn by the people.

While I urge the good people of Osun State to remain unwavering in their faith in the PDP, I also plead with members of our party to shun such acts capable of depleting the faith and enthusiasm of the people towards our party.

It is time to come together and redouble our efforts to lead army of our people to victory.

The door of this Committee is open to all for productive advice going forward, as no one is made to be jack of wisdom. It is also time for everyone who is still displeased with past activities of the party to sheath their swords and join hands with the party in a bid to forge a formidable front in the interest of our people.

In conclusion, I want to use this opportunity to congratulate our christian faithful in the state on the occasion of this year's Easter Celebrations which begin today, just as I wish the muslim ummah too, a rewarding month of ramadan.

I thank you for your attention

Dr Adekunle Akindele
Chairman, Caretaker Committee
Peoples Democratic Party,
Osun State Chapter.

Re: PDP Inaugurates Caretaker Committee In Osun State(photos) by press9jatv: 5:46pm On Apr 15, 2022
Cc mynd44 cc fynestboi cc lalasticlala cc OAM4J cc seun cc Dominique
Re: PDP Inaugurates Caretaker Committee In Osun State(photos) by triple996(m): 5:52pm On Apr 15, 2022
Party of rogues

(1) (Reply)

Youths Stop Complaining About Nigeria, Get Your PVC And Vote Me- Tinubu / APC Enugu Visits Sen Ken Nnamani / How To Stop Killings In South-east — Igbo Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.