Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,138 members, 7,967,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 02:00 PM

Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge (29238 Views)

Yusuf Datti Joins Peter Obi In Court As Trial Resumes At Tribunal (pics) / Abure Violates Court Order, Resumes At LP Secretariat Amid Tight Security / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial Resumes At Federal High Court, Abuja (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:12am On Apr 16, 2022
subsidywise18:

Part of it is a la alpha beta.

That is why many people are angry. The conflict of interest not the actual tolling
okay I now understand
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Cheeryfeet: 8:14am On Apr 16, 2022
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s]
Keep screaming or go to Lekki and tell them to stop. At least that will give you another opportunity to start the endsars.

Roads are tolled everywhere, not only in Nigeria, if you like, invite putin, Netanyahu and Biden, the road must be tolled.

Tinubu is the next President and there is absolutely nothing, I mean absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Oga, write it down. Tinibu can never be the president of Nigeria. Never

1 Like

Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by DerrickzB: 8:14am On Apr 16, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s]
Keep screaming or go to Lekki and tell them to stop. At least that will give you another opportunity to start the endsars.

Roads are tolled everywhere, not only in Nigeria, if you like, invite putin, Netanyahu and Biden, the road must be tolled.

Tinubu is the next President and there is absolutely nothing, I mean absolutely nothing you can do about it.

[/s]

You remember the lekki massacre?? If yes may God help you and your heart!!
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by zelnababa(m): 8:15am On Apr 16, 2022
All their artist will come to lekki bridge and road to shoot movies cos of good environment, na una money Dem take build or they take maintain am , nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by duality(m): 8:21am On Apr 16, 2022
subsidywise18:
Now, this is not in defence of Alpha beta, Tinubu, or anybody.

But if you want well maintained roads, then tolls must be collected.

Whatever the party in charge.

Modified

My support for tolls doea not mean i like Tinubu. Plus if Lagosians cannot petition their government to stop alpha beta then its on them. They are the ones backing the corruption there with their goverment

Anyway, our roads are in a bad state naitionwode. And if tolling would help us reduce our dependnce on debt and borrowong to fix them then i am for it.

If there is corruption in the process, it is up to us as Nigerians to do the watchdog job and stop it. Democracy is hard work

Then Lagos state government should be privatized.

Government has no responsibility then.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by ashawopikin(m): 8:22am On Apr 16, 2022
It has been postponed
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 16, 2022
duality:

Then Lagos state government should be privatized.

Government has no responsibility then.

Well there is nothing wrong with the goverment taking the concession away from alpahbeta and giving someone else with zero links to Tinubu.

As for goverment taking over the tolling? Good idea but then people will still.cry.corruption.

Either way if one wants good stuff..
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by gaddafe(m): 8:31am On Apr 16, 2022
subsidywise18:

Since it was cancelled, the roads have gotten worse.

So that means....

Better we try alternatives to funding road maintenance. Or we take loans.

How did you arrive at the conclusion that the roads are worse since tolling was cancelled? I don't get you, is it that you are trying to play politics about this issue or you are genuinely naive as to the reason our roads are not properly maintained.

Tolling has nothing to do here but majorly corruption. Let me give an example: if the tolling fee is supposed to be for maintenance of roads and the person who collects the tolling fee uses the money to build mansions for himself and bribe those he is supposed to settle and your road remains in a deplorable state, what will you do?
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by newdawn2017(f): 8:41am On Apr 16, 2022
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s]

U re a mad man walayi. U will fail at living dis life itself. U will cheated, oppressed & bullied, starvation will trail u 24/7 humiliation will seek ur company steady. Tufia! Smh!

1 Like

Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Heffalump(m): 8:47am On Apr 16, 2022
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s]

Power lies in the hands of God. So don't be too emphatic about Tinubu becoming next president. For of us not from SW believe an old demented man like Tinubu will not be president God's willing. Enough of this madness! We need a much younger and pragmatic leader, not the old fool produced by tribal jingoits.
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Khaysee: 9:02am On Apr 16, 2022
We passed today ikoyi toll and paid our dues
If same toll is built in Abuja or ph we won't hear pim
Everyone come from all over the country to shoot movies and music on that route because its well maintained

Affordable men clothing clothing payment on delivery within lagos and nationwide delivery daily
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 16, 2022
gaddafe:

How did you arrive at the conclusion that the roads are worse since tolling was cancelled? I don't get you, is it that you are trying to play politics about this issue or you are genuinely naive as to the reason our roads are not properly maintained.

Tolling has nothing to do here but majorly corruption. Let me give an example: if the tolling fee is supposed to be for maintenance of roads and the person who collects the tolling fee uses the money to build mansions for himself and bribe those he is supposed to settle and your road remains in a deplorable state, what will you do?

Because i remember our Nigerian roads when they were tolled and after the toll was removed

Also if you were concerned about corruption you would be taking part in the political process to ensure it ends.
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 16, 2022
Malory:
Nigerians will suffer if Tinubu becomes the president. Lagos is already under lock and keys because of this greedy fellow.
But Lagos is still the best state in Lagos
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by blackboy(m): 9:51am On Apr 16, 2022
2023 loading....
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by ifex370(m): 9:59am On Apr 16, 2022
toogbasky:
Audio shooting?, don't be foolish while supporting this killers,,

When you're benefitting from a corrupt government. Empathy and the rest of those human nature goes away. You literally sell your soul for piece of bread
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 16, 2022
Use these security and after bandits and terrorists. Mediocres.
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by abysirius(m): 10:14am On Apr 16, 2022
Omoyeebo tonba biire, kowa Lekki. Abi wo tenu o baka..
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by otipoju(m): 11:21am On Apr 16, 2022
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s]

Stop deceiving yourself. Tinubu is unelectable.
People pay taxes and those taxes are meant for building roads.
Yes roads are tolled in other places in the world...but usually when they grant a faster access to a location...not when they are the only or main road to a a high volume area.

Your Tinubu is a chronic crook whose end is coming with this election. He has shown his true colours as an organized crime boss.
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by janisuman426: 11:32am On Apr 16, 2022
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by pacespot(m): 11:38am On Apr 16, 2022
How much is the toll being collected per vehicle?

Tinubu will show you shege, it is an abomination that you still see some young Nigerians campaigning for this man. Indeed, humans are not equal, some people believe they came to this world to worship another human like them
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Johel(m): 11:55am On Apr 16, 2022
subsidywise18:

Bye little kid.

Your papa Na little kid...simp.
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 16, 2022
Johel:

Your papa Na little kid...simp.

Have a nice time, little kid
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Johel(m): 11:56am On Apr 16, 2022
subsidywise18:

Have a nice time, little kid

Tell your father that.
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 16, 2022
Johel:

Tell your father that.

Well, we all were once little kids you know.

Keep up, little girl.
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by gaddafe(m): 12:04pm On Apr 16, 2022
subsidywise18:

Because i remember our Nigerian roads when they were tolled and after the toll was removed

Also if you were concerned about corruption you would be taking part in the political process to ensure it ends.

Is there any part of my post that gives you the impression that I'm not into politics? This is an anonymous forum so let's leave it at that. You can assume anything about me that you like.

My main point is that we should not come online and start lying to the public because we want to sell a candidate. Children who are not yet matured will one day see this and assume some of them to be true.

Nigeria's roads were trash in the 90's . When OBJ assumed power he noticed the toll gates were not remitting what they were supposed to. As a matter of fact what they were remitting was almost zero and the federal government was been accused of not doing enough. Also the FG was sponsoring the entire maintenance of roads which was not supposed to be the case hence he cancelled the tolled gates since they had become useless. But the underlying truth here is that the toll gates were yielding funds, it was just that some group of people were not remitting to the government as it was supposed to be. In the end the government was responsible for the total maintenance of roads. Your argument should go along this line not blabbing
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Ingocof(m): 12:20pm On Apr 16, 2022
Malory:
Nigerians will suffer if Tinubu becomes the president. Lagos is already under lock and keys because of this greedy fellow.

Yet your family members are moving there in droves night and day to secure their daily bread?
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Ingocof(m): 12:22pm On Apr 16, 2022
Bobloco:
Tinubu must realise his money, it's a must.

Honestly, Tinubu is kneeling on the neck of Lagos State

Lagos State need to be freed from the shackles and grip of Baba Bourdillon

Why don't you free your underdeveloped states in the south east before trying to free Lagos state?
You think Lagos state needs to be freed yet you and your family members move to that same Lagos state in droves to find d sustenance.
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 16, 2022
gaddafe:

Is there any part of my post that gives you the impression that I'm not into politics? This is an anonymous forum so let's leave it at that. You can assume anything about me that you like.

My main point is that we should not come online and start lying to the public because we want to sell a candidate. Children who are not yet matured will one day see this and assume some of them to be true.

Nigeria's roads were trash in the 90's . When OBJ assumed power he noticed the toll gates were not remitting what they were supposed to. As a matter of fact what they were remitting was almost zero and the federal government was been accused of not doing enough. Also the FG was sponsoring the entire maintenance of roads which was not supposed to be the case hence he cancelled the tolled gates since they had become useless. But the underlying truth here is that the toll gates were yielding funds, it was just that some group of people were not remitting to the government as it was supposed to be. In the end the government was responsible for the total maintenance of roads. Your argument should go along this line not blabbing

And removing the tolls has not made the roads better.

We can agree to disagree. In my opinion, bring back tolls. Let's have more money to spend on our roads, and stop borrowing.

Good affternoon.
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Ingocof(m): 12:23pm On Apr 16, 2022
AntiBMC:
No justice yet for the endsars victims...yet Tinubu wants to keep extorting pple in the name of toll.

He has been spending so much, trying to buy support and votes...he wants all his money making ventures to keep minting steadily, regardless of whose ox is gored. A chronic old cro0k

Go and ask for justice from Rivers state concerning the slain IPOB at Oyigbo.
Re: Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by naikeboy(m): 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2022
Unjust society

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops / Ken Nnamani's Wife, Jane Dies After Surgery / Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.