Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,676 members, 7,918,152 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 12:30 AM

How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? (1263 Views)

Woman Returns €3,000 Left In Her Restaurant In Lagos / How Can I Withdraw Funds From FIVERR In Nigeria? / Nigerian Doctor Left In Shock After Breaking Her Piggy Bank & Found N600. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by darkstar6971(m): 6:12pm On Apr 16, 2022
Hello Nairalanders my mom just came accross her fathers expired atm and a simcard which she insert it and saw an alert of 234k naira, pls how can i take that money out of the account?? Or she need to involve a lawyer to help her with the procedure thanks.
Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by darkstar6971(m): 6:13pm On Apr 16, 2022
Lalasticlala abeg help me move this thread to front page for more recommendation and suggestions
darkstar6971:
Hello Nairalanders my mom just came accross her fathers expired atm and a simcard which she insert it and saw an alert of 230k naira, pls how can i take that money out of the account?? Or she need to involve a lawyer to help her with the procedure thanks.
Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by Northernblood5(m): 6:14pm On Apr 16, 2022
You are not his next of Kin. Go and hustle

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by darkstar6971(m): 6:15pm On Apr 16, 2022
But na my mom i wan assist in removing the money instead of leaving it for the bank bruh.
Northernblood5:
You are not his next of Kin. Go and hustle

1 Like

Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by PussyOdour(m): 6:16pm On Apr 16, 2022
Carry MadamVanessa to the bank, the banker seeing her alone will do all her bidings grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by eddy55: 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2022
Which bank and is the sim still active?
Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by Northernblood5(m): 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2022
darkstar6971:
But na my mom i wan assist in removing the money instead of leaving it for the bank bruh.

Okay.

pocohantas:
Following the thread on unrecovered funds from a deceased's bank account
https://www.nairaland.com/5314151/how-banks-bankers-getting-richer

I noticed the reoccurring misconception of the next of kin. I will like to address some of these misconceptions and how to recover such funds (to the best of my knowledge).

THIS IS FOR PERSONS WHO DIED INTESTATE (WITHOUT LEAVING BEHIND A VALID WILL)

1: Who is a next of kin (NOK)?
The NOK is the closest living (mostly) blood relative to an individual. For some people, it could be their spouse, parent, siblings, children…even friends.

2: What is the NOK entitled to?
NOK is just a contact person, he/she is NOT AUTOMATICALLY ENTITLED TO THE DECEASED’S ESTATE. Emphasis on automatically because there are situations where the NOK would eventually double as the BENEFICIARY.

3: Who is a BENEFICIARY?
A beneficiary is someone who receives all or part of the deceased's estate.

4: What then is the NOK for?
You might be wondering, since the person won’t be given your funds without paperworks, why fill that space in your Account opening forms? Well, the NOK is that person to be contacted in event of emergencies or whenever the need arises. It shouldn't be a minor.

PROCEDURES TO RECOVER FUNDS FROM A DECEASED'S BANK ACCOUNT;

A:—The survivor(s) to the deceased should head to the Probate Registry in a High Court to apply for an administration of deceased estate/properties. This application must be accompanied by a DEATH CERTIFICATE and can be done IN PERSON OR THROUGH A LEGAL PRACTITIONER.

The process to get the LETTER OF ADMINISTRATION is very much the same across states, though there might be slight differences. Application must contain the following;

-Full names of deceased.
-Date of death of deceased.
-Last residence before death.
-Name of proposed administrators

You will be guided on every other form to fill or required documents and identification.

Persons that can apply for the letter of administration are generally called NOKs and are classified in this heirarchy;

– Surviving spouse(s) of the deceased
– Children of the deceased
– Parents of the deceased
– Brothers or sisters of the deceased of full blood or the children of such sibling.
– Brother or sister of the deceased of half-blood or the children of such sibling.
– Grandparents of the deceased
– Uncles and aunts of full blood or their children

B:—The Probate Registry would give you a letter of confirmation to be taken to banks, financial houses as well as stockbrokers the deceased shared business relationships with. This will enable them disclose the deceased's financial standing as of that date.

C:— Return the confirmation to the Probate Registry. They will add up the deceased’s balances and apply their charges. You will be required to make payments. After payments, the paperwork for you to be administrator would be concluded.

D:—Upon issuance of the Letter of Administration, it should be taken to all the (SUSPECTED) banks where the deceased had accounts for claims. The beneficiary can then decide to open an estate account to move the funds or take it cash. When he/she opts for the latter, the bank would issue a bank draft.

NOTE:
>>2 guarantors (preferably with landed properties) would be required to fill some documents, to support their application to the probate registry, before the letter of administration can be issued.

>>The process could take some time because publication would be made in the gazette or newspaper. This is to give any interested person the opportunity to object and file a caveat to the grant of letter of administration to the applicant.

>>Objection may be raised within specified period for filing a caveat. In the absence of any, the letters of administration would be granted.

>>There are various fees to be paid before its application is evaluated and approved.
However, once approved by the Probate Registry, an estate fee of 5-10% (depending on the state) of the estate's value is paid to the State Government where the Letter of Administration is made and approved.

>>Is there a statute of limitation on filing for the estate of a dead relative? If there is, how long is it?

No, there isn’t. Whenever the relatives are up to it, they would be given the funds upon presentation of necessary documents.

>>What happens when the relatives do not know all the deceased’s bank accounts?

In this era of BVN, the relatives can state this request at the Court. They would help with an order mandating the bank to make known all accounts linked to the deceased.
Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by eddy55: 6:23pm On Apr 16, 2022
Use the bank code and the pin on the atm card with the acct no. to do a password reset then u can transfer the money to another acct.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by kingsman66(m): 6:29pm On Apr 16, 2022
Dm for fast recovery, and thank me later
Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by eddy55: 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2022
Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by LoveNbeloved(f): 6:42pm On Apr 16, 2022
Lol. beware of scammers
Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by darkstar6971(m): 7:12pm On Apr 16, 2022
It's Gt bruh yes the line is still active.
eddy55:
Which bank and is the sim still active?
Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by Mooh247: 7:15pm On Apr 16, 2022
darkstar6971:
Hello Nairalanders my mom just came accross her fathers expired atm and a simcard which she insert it and saw an alert of 230k naira, pls how can i take that money out of the account?? Or she need to involve a lawyer to help her with the procedure thanks.

Purchase airtime with the registered SIM card and sell it off for cash to a vendor like bingpay or this guy https://www.nairaland.com/5610988/legit-airtime-buyer-here-exchange

1 Like

Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by darkstar6971(m): 7:27pm On Apr 16, 2022
But the debit card expired bruh
eddy55:
Use the bank code and the pin on the atm card with the acct no. to do a password reset then u can transfer the money to another acct.
Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by drmuchin: 8:30pm On Apr 16, 2022
Before you die. Carry your family along

1 Like

Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by darkstar6971(m): 9:24pm On Apr 16, 2022
Thank you nairalanders i have finally got a a to the mobile banking, thanks guys... make i first comot 50k enjoy cuz my mom expectation for the account na 234k grin grin
darkstar6971:
Lalasticlala abeg help me move this thread to front page for more recommendation and suggestions

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by eddy55: 9:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
Use the no. on the atm card to create a pin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by darkstar6971(m): 9:33pm On Apr 16, 2022
No atm put i manage to set am thanks.
eddy55:
Use the no. on the atm card to create a pin.
Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by kozmokaz(m): 10:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
darkstar6971:
No atm put i manage to set am thanks.

How u take set am without atm

Plus u said gt bank im seeing unity bank
Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by Thugnificent(m): 11:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
darkstar6971:
Thank you nairalanders i have finally got a a to the mobile banking, thanks guys... make i first comot 50k enjoy cuz my mom expectation for the account na 234k grin grin
Enjoy bro. Abeg wire me 2k sha grin 072 500 9340 access bank
Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by darkstar6971(m): 11:36pm On Apr 16, 2022
Yes o naso they just pass me to otp side yess srry it is unity nt GT
kozmokaz:

How u take set am without atm

Plus u said gt bank im seeing unity bank
Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by darkstar6971(m): 11:37pm On Apr 16, 2022
Ok
Thugnificent:
Enjoy bro. Abeg wire me 2k sha grin 072 500 9340 access bank
Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by SavageResponse(m): 1:46am On Apr 17, 2022
darkstar6971:

Thief!

You have no scruples about stealing from your own mother.

You are part of everything that is wrong with Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by Thugnificent(m): 7:31am On Apr 17, 2022
darkstar6971:
Ok
thanks bro
Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by Karleb(m): 7:34pm On Apr 17, 2022
SavageResponse:

Thief!

You have no scruples about stealing from your own mother.

You are part of everything that is wrong with Nigeria!

Calm down. The man is his grand father.

Let him enjoy.
Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by SavageResponse(m): 10:18pm On Apr 17, 2022
Karleb:

Calm down. The man is his grand father.

Let him enjoy.

Yes I agree the dead guy was his grandfather but he is not the Next of Kin.

To make matters worse he recovered the money and still went ahead to under-declare the amount to his mother, this makes him a thief!
Re: How Can I Withdraw The ₦234K Left In My Dead Grandfather's Account? by frbona: 7:52pm On Apr 18, 2022
SavageResponse:

Yes I agree the dead guy was his grandfather but he is not the Next of Kin.

To make matters worse he recovered the money and still went ahead to under-declare the amount to his mother, this makes him a thief!
Rest abeg

(1) (Reply)

How I Made #150K-#300K Commission% Weekly Selling Used Cars Online (NO CAPITAL / How Can Someone Make Good Money In Adsense? / Lifelong Sms/ Lifelong It Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.