Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,605 members, 7,888,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:43 PM

Is Rock Music Really Devilish - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Rock Music Really Devilish (930 Views)

Is Rock Music Of African Origin? / Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Rock Music Really Devilish by dearstan(m): 10:02pm On Aug 06, 2007
I love bands like Metallica, AC-DC, Rolling Stones, Guns & Roses et al .
But i beats me when people say rock is a thing of the devil

Sometimes i see it their way when im listening to Black Sabbath especially Ozzy's latest album " Black Rain"

I need you opinions with logical reason's as if Rock music is devilish or not.
Re: Is Rock Music Really Devilish by Free(f): 10:09pm On Aug 06, 2007
well all am sayin is

if is not pleasing God then is pleasin da devil grin
Re: Is Rock Music Really Devilish by dearstan(m): 11:03pm On Aug 06, 2007
@free

your answer hold no water,
come up wit sumtin more logical.

wat kind of music pleases God or pleases the Devil??
Re: Is Rock Music Really Devilish by Esss(m): 11:40pm On Aug 06, 2007
Dude, I love rock music, be it alternative or metal.

>The question of rock music being of the devil is just down right ignorant. The truth is that most people fear what they don't understand. Every genre of music has/had a purpose. Romance/R&B/Jazz for lovers, Rap/Hip-hop music to promote "black culture"/life in the streets e.t.c, reggae was to pass on the message of rastafariansm. So also does rock music have its purpose. In my opinion, rock music is mainly bout rebelion. Rock is always preachin against somethin.
>I'd rather be listening to my Linkin Park, Nikelback, Evanesence, Avril lavigne, All American rejects, Green day, Aerosmith, guns and roses rather than listen to 50cents.

1 Like

Re: Is Rock Music Really Devilish by Ndipe(m): 12:38am On Aug 07, 2007
I was about to post a similar topic yesterday. Is Rock music devilish or not? How do you know what song is devilish or not?
Re: Is Rock Music Really Devilish by kellorah: 1:30am On Aug 07, 2007
Haha, it's not 'devilish'. I listen to a bit of rock, but there are some lyrics that are just something else. One talks about effing a dead child undecided. Still, I wont say it's devilish. You can say it's mostly written by smack heads e.g. pete dougherty. Rock's good though. cool
Re: Is Rock Music Really Devilish by dearstan(m): 7:24am On Aug 07, 2007
Esss:

Dude, I love rock music, be it alternative or metal.

>The question of rock music being of the devil is just down right ignorant. The truth is that most people fear what they don't understand. Every genre of music has/had a purpose. Romance/R&B/Jazz for lovers, Rap/Hip-hop music to promote "black culture"/life in the streets e.t.c, reggae was to pass on the message of rastafariansm. So also does rock music have its purpose. In my opinion, rock music is mainly bout rebelion. Rock is always preachin against somethin.
>I'd rather be listening to my Linkin Park, Nikelback, Evanesence, Avril lavigne, All American rejects, Green day, Aerosmith, guns and roses rather than listen to 50cents.

true talk.

wats your take about punk rock?

dem simple plan, iggy pop etc

(1) (Reply)

New Joint! - Professional By Eldee The Don & Oladele / Listen To This! / Who Is Danny Young?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.