Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,499 members, 7,964,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 05:48 AM

Move To Kenya Or Stay Put In Nigeria. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Move To Kenya Or Stay Put In Nigeria. (830 Views)

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria / Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Move To Kenya Or Stay Put In Nigeria. by AnonymousLander: 1:35pm On Apr 17, 2022
Towards the end of last year, I got this job that doesn't quite pay much but I have the chance to get to learn the use of SAP which is a very powerful business and Enterprise Resource Planning software, also there's the possibility of my salary being increased (after a year which is going to be around October), but I'm in a pretty big dilemma right now. Around the same time that I'll probably get staffed and have a salary increase, that's also the same time that I plan on traveling to Kenya permanently (cos my girlfriend of 6 years is Kenyan, a Luo).

I know it's the dream of every Nigerian to escape the "abnormal life" being experienced here but d'you think I'll be making a wise decision to forgo an opportunity for growth in my present job and head to Kenya were there is an uncertain future waiting for me? I'll be paying for my E-visa soon but I'm still thinking "Will it be worth it if I chose to give up my position and head to Kenya?
Re: Move To Kenya Or Stay Put In Nigeria. by JapaProfessor: 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2022
Why not stay back for your new position since you can eventually visit Kenya for vacation

You should also consider applying for jobs in Kenya using your newly acquired certification to give you a soft landing.

3 Likes

Re: Move To Kenya Or Stay Put In Nigeria. by Bifwoli: 6:46pm On Apr 17, 2022
JapaProfessor:
Why not stay back for your new position since you can eventually visit Kenya for vacation
Didn't you read he wants to "move permanently" and to "escape abnormal life" ? Staying back means he'll be accepting permanent insanity despite the higher pay.

Moving to Kenya might have its initial "adjustment discomforts" but in the long run he might be better off.Tough times never last, but tough men do.
Re: Move To Kenya Or Stay Put In Nigeria. by AgentGoat: 9:00pm On Apr 17, 2022
Una dey hear this guy?

You want to go kenya and sit down dey look say your girlfriend dey there?

My friend you are not serious Allah.

Anyway, i wish you happy birthday like that guy dey write am. And nice try marketing SAP abi na SAPA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Move To Kenya Or Stay Put In Nigeria. by olioxx(m): 4:41am On Apr 18, 2022
AnonymousLander you yourself said called it an uncertain future, now the question is, "Why do you want to put yourself in an uncertain condition?". Please continue with your job, learn as much as possible if possible your girlfriend can come to Nigeria to stay with you for a while or continuously depending on circumstances.
Please stay back in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Xenophobia In The United States: Share Your Experiences / 2008 Otesha Cycling And Performing Tours / Has Anyone In The House Been To The German Embassy Lately?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.