Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,628 members, 7,889,009 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:22 PM

Why Do Parents See Their Children As A Source Of Livelihood During Old Age? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Parents See Their Children As A Source Of Livelihood During Old Age? (1292 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Parents See Pidgin English As "Bad English"? / I Hate My Life, I'll Make Sure My Father Suffers At Old Age. / Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Parents See Their Children As A Source Of Livelihood During Old Age? by CountVersailles(f): 10:38pm On Apr 18, 2022
And don't be deceieved too. People who are well-to-do in the abroad actually take care of their parents. If they have the money, they do it. You think Brad pitt's parents are suffering, or that Jeff bezos's parents are suffering?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Parents See Their Children As A Source Of Livelihood During Old Age? by Emoc: 4:46pm On Apr 19, 2022
What's the PLANdemic update?
I mean the same SCAMdemic that deceived u and ur likes...

tongue

socialmediaman:

They had more kids they could cater for due to traditions, so they spent their life savings training these kids in school. Plus, a lot of them can't survive on their salaries anymore due to the high unchecked inflation.
Re: Why Do Parents See Their Children As A Source Of Livelihood During Old Age? by Cousin9999: 6:48am On Apr 20, 2022
Some parents take this too far and obviously abuse kids. But generally, you should want to do this.

Do you really want your parents hobbling around alone? That's really messed up. As long as your parents aren't evil, it's your responsibility to care for them.

The main reason there's so much division in American families and elsewhere is because it benefits corporations and governments. It's easier to manipulate people when you create distance in the family, especially financially. For example, the elderly on their own will buy more services and basically give their whole pension back instead of it being saved and benefitting the next generation.
Re: Why Do Parents See Their Children As A Source Of Livelihood During Old Age? by Gracepikin33333(m): 11:49am On Apr 30, 2022
Re: Why Do Parents See Their Children As A Source Of Livelihood During Old Age? by Gracepikin33333(m): 3:36pm On Apr 30, 2022
smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

... / Are Fathers Not Meant To Be Caring? / Is There Any Bridal Shop One Can Hire A Wedding Gown In Abuja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.