Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,760 members, 7,875,919 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:59 AM

2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? (38211 Views)

It's Almost 5pm & No Pictures From APC Rally In Benue, What's Going On? / Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out / What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by WhizdomXX(m): 1:18pm On May 03, 2022
Efewestern:

The Itsekiris aren't benefiting from warri. They have no monopoly over anything when 90% of the city are in Urhobo land. They only benefit from their Oil wealth which they and the Ijaw ethnicity are using to corner political influence in the Nigerian space.

And yes you are right, there is no city in Delta State where those two are more than the Isokos. I don't know if you've stayed in Ughelli for example. For every 5 Houses owned by the Urhobos, there is one owned by the Isokos. Even in Warri, same thing. Outside the Urhobos, The Isokos are next followed by Ijaws then Itsekiri and others.

As much as we have our own squabbles, There is need for us to unite. The unpleasant fact about our disunity is that there's no tribe in Delta state or Nigeria that will love and care for you like me an Urhobo man (Vice versa). Already, our interest is covered and secured in the state and Country as we have the huge numbers to corner any threat from any group. Same can't be said to your people. Sincerely, we need you and you also need us. I hope we put out differences aside and unite like the brothers we are.

As for the Ijaw governorship. They are just blabbing. After we are done. We will fiercely root for an Isoko governor.
Your statement is true till the last paragraph.
Isokos are not politically ready.

1 Like

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by WhizdomXX(m): 1:23pm On May 03, 2022
Efewestern:

There is voter apathy which I'm not denying, but the guy I quoted was giving the impression that Delta North has a far larger voter strength which is a big lie. Delta Central result from the last two elections were poor because most people are beginning to loose hope in the system. Their massive support for Ogboru in 03 & 07 yielded no success.

From the screenshot, we can see the voting numbers coming from Burutu, Bomandi and those riverine communities are fraudulent. Now, I'm beginning to believe Isoko isn't even a minority in Delta South to start with. Next year will be interesting.
The voting strength is from Warri SW. Ogboru won in 2011. Not 03 and 07. Isokos remains a minority to ijaws just that they stay in the hinterland so they move about like the Urhobo's unlike ijaws that are native riverine residents and love their waterways.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by WhizdomXX(m): 1:28pm On May 03, 2022
darfay:

I know of that ughelli part. It's the first major town outside of isoko area and as such it's a popular destination for isoko migrants. Warri,pH,yenagoa and Lagos follow in no particular order. I always thought itsekiris are next to urhobo in population when it comes to warri as they all claim to be from there.Most urhobo/isoko people hardly migrate to Delta North/Anioma axis while reverse is the case. Such demographic shift is not going to be advantageous to the people of Delta central in the long run
Did you know they're urhobo speaking villages or settlements so to say in Edo state somewhere on the Benin ore shagamu bexpress way. I was surprised too

There's no consensus candidate yet from Delta central, I hope it doesn't fragment urhobo votes. James Manager and the deputy governor guy are seriously contending for the seat and those guys(ijaws) are master riggers. They somehow manage to pull off 90%+ voter turnout every single election year. That burutu has a single federal constituency while ughelli north,south and udu have to share one is an act of injustice despite each being more populous than burutu individual
Isoko needs a political awakening because it seems they aren't very good at politics despite our growing population we've constantly allowed ourselves to be cheated by others even in ndokwa east where the ndokwa people have hijacked the local government for themselves. It's crazy how there's no agitation atm for the Senatorial seat.
Alot of Urhobo's and Isokos are in Asaba oo. You guys are even threatening our local Igbo speaking population courtesy of your yahoo boys grin. That said, Isokos need political awakening in the Delta South region. Personally, I think Ndokwa east needs to be looked into and reshaped to carry you all under one Isoko umbrella. Ijaws really played their politics best, using oil marginalisation they ended up with 2 federal seats.

1 Like

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by WhizdomXX(m): 1:40pm On May 03, 2022
Efewestern:

The Itsekiris are mostly concentrated in Ugbolokposo & Ugbromo (In Uvwie) and Warri South which they share with Urhobo. The rest part of the city are deep in Urhobo Territory where you find more Isokos. The Ijaws also have a growing population in the city, but from my observation, they can't swallow the Isokos. In places like Sapele, the Itsekiris come second after the Urhobos.

@Bolded, you are right, I also notice the Urhobos/Isokos barely migrate to Delta North but in the state capital, the Urhobo/Isoko should come second after the indigenes. Aside there, you barely see them concentrated anywhere else. You should also note that we have few Urbanized areas in Delta North.

The Urhobos have large populations in Edo/Ondo. Infact, a 1980 census confirmed that 1 in every 8 persons living in Ondo was Urhobo. In Edo state, they come second after the indigenes. Ondo/Edo were regarded as the second home of the Urhobos. In a real population census, there's no way the combined population of Isoko/Urhobo won't be the second largest in the Niger Delta.

Our brothers in the creek sometimes pull 94% turnout. No where in this country do you record such massive votings. Again, he who lays the golden egg, dictate the tune. The Nigerian state must do everything to please the people that feed the entire nation. There is no logical reason why Ughelli shouldn't be a standalone federal constituency.

Not that the Isokos lack political awakening, they are just being placed in a district where the other two players are ready to gag against them. Unfortunately, there's no way their cousin can help. Presently, Isoko has a better chances of producing a governor than a senator. I know of the Ndokwa tussle and how they are being schemed out of things.
Itsekiris are in Warri north, Koko to be precise.
Warri South west, ogidigben and Warri South in Kpesu and the surrounding oil areas.
Urhobo's are in Edo, while Ijaws are in Ondo too.
Ijaws are more than Isokos in Warri South lga.
In my view, Isokos can fight for their rights to be senators in Delta South. With ijaws aspiring for governorship, Isokos should take advantage and contest for the senator. Itsekiris are actually less concerned, Uduaghan and then representing Warri federal constituency is enough political clout for them.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by Efewestern: 2:01pm On May 03, 2022
WhizdomXX:

Itsekiris are in Warri north, Koko to be precise.
Warri South west, ogidigben and Warri South in Kpesu and the surrounding oil areas.
Urhobo's are in Edo, while Ijaws are in Ondo too.
Ijaws are more than Isokos in Warri South lga.
In my view, Isokos can fight for their rights to be senators in Delta South. With ijaws aspiring for governorship, Isokos should take advantage and contest for the senator. Itsekiris are actually less concerned, Uduaghan and then representing Warri federal constituency is enough political clout for them.

I'm referring to Warri city proper, where the main population is. I Know Itsekiri are in Warri South West and Warri North and they are majority there. Also, Isoko are not in warri South, we only have Urhobo and Itsekiri in Warri South.

Ondo holds a large population of the Urhobo people. It has been a top migrating destination for generations until the oil boom.

WhizdomXX:

The voting strength is from Warri SW. Ogboru won in 2011. Not 03 and 07. Isokos remains a minority to ijaws just that they stay in the hinterland so they move about like the Urhobo's unlike ijaws that are native riverine residents and love their waterways.

Bro, a real population census should be conducted. We need to know our real numbers. I can't and won't believe Isoko is a minority to any group in Delta South.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by Ekealterego: 2:19pm On May 03, 2022
odionsilver:

this is a lie they are recognised as ukwuani , ika Ndowka and igbo.. I am not against you grouping them as igbo since they are igboid. for fairness group the edoid as one. no more divide and conquer tactics
The grouping as "Igboid" is merely a political statement. The language is basically a continuum and dialect rather than a different language. What I mean is that there is absolute mutual intelligibility, each can speak in their own dialect and still have a conversation with someone from the SE for instance but can you do that with Urhobo and Bini for instance.
Again, the "Edoids", Urhobo and Isoko, have chosen to go to their own separate ways instead of working together; It's not the Igbo people's fault but rather, the politicians in these areas.

Note, the politicians playing state politics are more responsible for these divisions and they lead this charge to the traditional rulers, who take these division sentiments to the populace. At the end of the day, the interest is about power reaching politicians in these subdivisions. They only seek a "united tribe" when they now need the numbers.
Look at even the Delta North, very disunited because politicians have made it a point to emphasise the little differences in dialect. It started with the "Anioma" movement, now everyone is looking for their own backyard. Every politician fighting for powers and "independence".

To the Benue issue, I am sure that the differences between the Igede and Idoma are further magnified by politicians from the Igede quarters who are seeking for power and relevance, and these mandates are pitched to the traditional rulers who then further pitch and sell it to their subjects.

1 Like

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by darfay: 8:10pm On May 03, 2022
Efewestern:

The Itsekiris are mostly concentrated in Ugbolokposo & Ugbromo (In Uvwie) and Warri South which they share with Urhobo. The rest part of the city are deep in Urhobo Territory where you find more Isokos. The Ijaws also have a growing population in the city, but from my observation, they can't swallow the Isokos. In places like Sapele, the Itsekiris come second after the Urhobos.

Sapele is not a popular destination for isoko people. In my community warri/ughelli and Phc are popular migrant destination but I hardly I hear of sapele

[/quote]@Bolded, you are right, I also notice the Urhobos/Isokos barely migrate to Delta North

Not that the Isokos lack political awakening, they are just being placed in a district where the other two players are ready to gag against them. Unfortunately, there's no way their cousin can help. Presently, Isoko has a better chances of producing a governor than a senator. I know of the Ndokwa tussle and how they are being schemed out of things. [/quote]

Our numerical/voting strength is superior in Delta south and we're also seeing a higher increase in new voters compared to the others. There are more isoko people in itsekiri/ijaw area aka warri as opposed to the reverse. I personally think an alliance with the ijaws of warri can monopolize the Senatorial seat because ijaws and itsekiris can never work together.
Splitting up of ndokwa east would likely be the only situation. Isoko though having a smaller portion of land still has a portion bigger than uvwie lga and extending close to the border with Rivers/Anambra but some communities are mixed and that might be problematic.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by darfay: 8:12pm On May 03, 2022
WhizdomXX:

Urhobo's have more numbers Edo boy. It's equitable because urhobo's don't have up to 50% so they can't lord supremacy over anyone.
Urhobos-40%
Igbos-30%
Ijaws-15%
Isokos-10%
Itsekiris-5%
Others-0.01%

The ijaw population is myth,they aren't that much
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by darfay: 8:17pm On May 03, 2022
WhizdomXX:

So you honestly believe swamps are more populated than upland areas?
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by WhizdomXX(m): 8:49pm On May 03, 2022
Efewestern:

I'm referring to Warri city proper, where the main population is. I Know Itsekiri are in Warri South West and Warri North and they are majority there. Also, Isoko are not in warri South, we only have Urhobo and Itsekiri in Warri South.

Ondo holds a large population of the Urhobo people. It has been a top migrating destination for generations until the oil boom.

Bro, a real population census should be conducted. We need to know our real numbers. I can't and won't believe Isoko is a minority to any group in Delta South.

I have confirmed what you said urhobo's are actually in Edo state in organized villages like Orhonigbe. And in Ondo the Urhobo's are settled in towns on your way to Lagos.
Meanwhile Ijaws are still located in Warri downtown.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by WhizdomXX(m): 8:52pm On May 03, 2022
Efewestern:

I have confirmed what you said urhobo's are actually in Edo state in organized villages like Orhonigbe. And in Ondo the Urhobo's are settled in towns on your way to Lagos.
Isokos are located in Patani too.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by Ekealterego: 8:55pm On May 03, 2022
WhizdomXX:

Isokos are located in Patani.
There are some Isoko and Urhobo communities in Bayelsa too.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by WhizdomXX(m): 9:02pm On May 03, 2022
Ekealterego:

The grouping as "Igboid" is merely a political statement. The language is basically a language continuum and dialect rather than a different language. What i mean is that there is absolute mutual intelligibility, each can speak in their own dialect and still have a conversation with someone from the SE for instance but can you do that with Urhobo and Bini for instance.
Again, the "Edoids", Urhobo and Isoko, have chosen to go to their own separate place instead of working together, it's not the Igbo people's fault but rather, the politicians in these areas.

Note, the politicians playing state politics are more responsible for these divisions and they lead this charge to the traditional rulers, who take these division sentiments it to the populace. At the end of the day, the interest is about power reaching politicians in these subdivisions. They only seek a "united tribe" when they now need the numbers.
Look at even the Delta North, very disunited because politicians have made it a point to emphasise the little differences in dialect. It started with the "Anioma" movement, now everyone is finding the own backyard, every politician fighting for powers and "independence".

To the Benue issue, I am sure that the differences between the Igede and Idoma are further magnified by politicians from the Igede quarters who are seeking for power and relevance, and this mandates are pitched to the traditional rulers who then further pitch and sell it to their subjects.

Thank you.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by WhizdomXX(m): 9:05pm On May 03, 2022
darfay:

Sapele is not a popular destination for isoko people. In my community warri/ughelli and Phc are popular migrant destination but I hardly I hear of sapele

@Bolded, you are right, I also notice the Urhobos/Isokos barely migrate to Delta North

Not that the Isokos lack political awakening, they are just being placed in a district where the other two players are ready to gag against them. Unfortunately, there's no way their cousin can help. Presently, Isoko has a better chances of producing a governor than a senator. I know of the Ndokwa tussle and how they are being schemed out of things.

Our numerical/voting strength is superior in Delta south and we're also seeing a higher increase in new voters compared to the others. There are more isoko people in itsekiri/ijaw area aka warri as opposed to the reverse. I personally think an alliance with the ijaws of warri can monopolize the Senatorial seat because ijaws and itsekiris can never work together.
Splitting up of ndokwa east would likely be the only situation. Isoko though having a smaller portion of land still has a portion bigger than uvwie lga and extending close to the border with Rivers/Anambra but some communities are mixed and that might be problematic.
You tried here. The alliance will be most profitable. UpDelta!

1 Like

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by WhizdomXX(m): 9:06pm On May 03, 2022
darfay:

So you honestly believe swamps are more populated than upland areas?
Lol the stats say so, dafe.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by Efewestern: 10:39pm On May 03, 2022
WhizdomXX:

Isokos are located in Patani too.

Yes, Ijaws are in Warri North and South West.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by Efewestern: 10:46pm On May 03, 2022
darfay:

@Bolded, you are right, I also notice the Urhobos/Isokos barely migrate to Delta North

We hope you guys put your acts together. So far, I love the peace in Ndokwa, I only hope they become more open to changes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Men Kneel Down For Bukola Saraki In Kwara (Photos) / Police Storm Osun Ahead Of Governorship Election (Photos) / Gov. Tambuwal receives body of Ex-president Shehu Shagari at the Sokoto Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.