Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:01 AM

Mum's Wierd Prayer - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum's Wierd Prayer (2201 Views)

We Are WIERD... / What Makes You Wierd / Do You Like Your Full Name Why Do Nigerians Have So Many Wierd Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mum's Wierd Prayer by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2011
i just graduated from school this may and my service is October and since have moved back home the only prayer mumcy has been praying is God give her a good husband when she actually suppose to be praying for a befitting job, i was like mum am just 21 n i av a whole life in front of me nt just marriage. she is really making me feel like an old baggage in desperate need of a man. don't know what to do for her to slow down her prayer a little bit.
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by MMM2(m): 7:39pm On Jul 07, 2011
op
dont u know husband re rare. angry angry
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by Goldieluks: 7:43pm On Jul 07, 2011
Your mum is doing the RIGHT thing,
i guess she started saying that prayer,right from the day you were born,
because in that way,she will never go wrong,God answers such prayers.
Am speaking from experience,
chill girl. smiley
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by boobfan: 7:48pm On Jul 07, 2011
The earlier the prayer,the better cos she has seen something ahead.Maybe ur punny may be devoured by some angry fellows.Just advise her to add job prayer point to it.Time flies
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by MurphyG1(m): 8:01pm On Jul 07, 2011
The thing is even if your Mum doesnt say that prayer for you, you should always say it to yourself. Because you need it.
Even if you get a good job and you dont have a good husband na wahala be that o!
Besides no prayer is too early,
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by kokoye(m): 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2011
That's what she wants for you . . nothing wrong with it.

Now you pray for what you want.
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2011
Nothing wierd there.

Had a friend like you who graduated at 21.
Desperate for a good job while neglecting the search for a good man.
She is 36 today, ready to give up her good job just to get a good man.

My point is nothing bad in saying a 21 yr old should get a good husband.
Getting a job is the easy part.

1 Like

Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by feminineA: 10:33pm On Jul 07, 2011
you better kneel down and thank your God that your mom is praying for a good husband for you if some women's mother had prayed half of such prayers they wont have fallen prey of a wife beater or a wife killer. As your mom is praying for your husband you too should pray for him coz if you have peace in your marriage every other thing is secondary
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 07, 2011
@Poster, Prayers are not usually answered the very moment they are said. So in my opinion your mum is doing the best thing for you by trying to store up those prayers in a "barn" so when the time comes for you to settle down, you wont have riffraffs and the like of [b]Mr c-o-r-k [/b]come your way.

the reason why we have a whole lot of unmarried single ladies that have reached and passed the attainable marriage age is because they only started praying for the future husbands to come by in their very late 20s (most of them thought they were rocking town at age 23-27 and didn't see the need to start begging God for the right man to come their way)

Just be and remain a good girl. mum loves you so much thats why she is helping you store up the prayers.
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by 190: 11:24pm On Jul 07, 2011
OP!!

Seek no futher

Your mom's prayers has been answered

I present to you [size=18pt]190[/size]

[size=18pt]Pam pam!![/size] he's strong, fair, ed[i]uc[/i]ated, slightly rich, has strong s[i]e[/i]x libido and has 2 cars with swimming pool in both of

them

If you are interested - Hook up with me and lets marry as early as next week

I can pay your dowry easily, i heard its 2 tubers of yam and one umbrella

My people would be at your house next week
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by LordReed(m): 2:43am On Jul 08, 2011
I agree that your mum is doing well by praying for you. You could always ask her to add a good job to her prayer list but DON'T ask her to relent in her prayers for you that will be unwise.
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by ds700(m): 8:42am On Jul 08, 2011
190:

OP!!

Seek no futher

Your mom's prayers has been answered

I present to you [size=18pt]190[/size]

[size=18pt]Pam pam!![/size] he's strong, fair, ed[i]uc[/i]ated, slightly rich, has strong s[color=#000099]e[/i]x libido and has 2 cars with swimming pool in both of

them
[i]
If you are interested - Hook up with me and lets marry as early as next week

I can pay your dowry easily, i heard its 2 tubers of yam and one umbrella

My people would be at your house next week [/color]
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by 190: 8:49am On Jul 08, 2011
angry angry
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by ds700(m): 9:07am On Jul 08, 2011
190. You are too much. But the lady in question sounds too young, innocent and gentle for your type. For somebody like you should be aiming at Mama Gee, Ms Potato or Omolola1, the list can go on. (abi u dey fear?)
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by Emeka72(m): 9:13am On Jul 08, 2011
@OP;
Your mum is doing d right thing; u can't be wiser dan yur mum. dat job yu ar looking 4 is necessary but secondary. d primary issue is 2 get a good husby. yu know it becomes difficult 4 a babe 2 get married after being a graduate dis days; dey marry as undergraduates.
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by 190: 9:25am On Jul 08, 2011
ds700:

190. You are too much. But the lady in question sounds too young, innocent and gentle for your type. For somebody like you should be aiming at Mama Gee, Ms Potato or Omolola1, the list can go on. (abi u dey fear?)

Shes ripe

Thats why im interested cool cool
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by Mynd44: 9:30am On Jul 08, 2011
No problem then, tell her to stop and by the time you are married to an Abusive Drunk you will go back for those prayers you so hate
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by Bolarge1(m): 9:57am On Jul 08, 2011
KW, YOUR MUM IS VERY PRO-ACTIVE HE KNOWS THAT AT THIS STAGE OF YOUR LIFE MEN WILL BE APPROACHING YOU FROM VARIOUS ANGLES SEEKING YOUR HAND IN MARRIAGE WHETHER JOB OR NO JOB. MANY ARE FAKE THEY ONLY WANT TO TASTE YOU AND BE ON THEIR HEELS. ALWAYS HAVE IT IN MIND THAT ALL THAT GILTTERS ARE NOT GOLD. DO NOT LOOK AFTER WEALTH NOW, LOOK FOR REAL LOVE AND A MAN THAT WILL APPRECIATE YOU ALWAYS FOR WHAT YOU ARE. JOIN YOUR MOTHER IN PRAYERS IT CAN BE EARLY OR LATER. GOD'S TIME IS THE BEST.
GOODLUCK!
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 08, 2011
that good job you are looking for might be inside a good husband.who knows
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by PETERANDRE(m): 1:30pm On Jul 08, 2011
@ Bluediva

Would u pls introduce me to that Ur friend if u don't mind.Am also searching for a nice and caring lady.my face book add is peter ajandu.Hoping to ear from u very soon.
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by 9dynasty(m): 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2011
190:

Shes ripe

Thats why im interested cool cool

na mango ?? cheesy
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by kpolli(m): 3:47pm On Jul 08, 2011
she has started praying early so u wont marry late
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by mafolayomi(f): 4:37pm On Jul 08, 2011
talknafree:

@Poster, Prayers are not usually answered the very moment they are said. So in my opinion your mum is doing the best thing for you by trying to store up those prayers in a "barn" so when the time comes for you to settle down, you wont have riffraffs and the like of [b]Mr c-o-r-k [/b]come your way.

the reason why we have a whole lot of unmarried single ladies that have reached and passed the attainable marriage age is because they only started praying for the future husbands to come by in their very late 20s (most of them thought they were rocking town at age 23-27 and didn't see the need to start begging God for the right man to come their way)

Just be and remain a good girl. mum loves you so much thats why she is helping you store up the prayers.

grin grin grin. what do you mean by dat? ar u now saying dat Mr Cork is not an husband material? smiley smiley smiley
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by dayokanu(m): 4:50pm On Jul 08, 2011
Maybe knowing you she feels it would be harder for you to get a husband than for her to get a job
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by obowunmi(m): 5:48pm On Jul 08, 2011
@ OP: I hate my mom because of this issue and I'm a guy.

Pursue your dreams and your goals, that's the must important thing. What if you marry and ure not happy because you have not achieved your goals, what will you do then. Life is too short but you must live it fully. In purpose and divine destiny. To have a husband is not the only reason why you were put on the earth.

Funmi Iyanda and Nnaji and great examples of Nigerian women living their goals and dreams with purpose. Don't be foooled. Having a husband by force is not the only reason why a woman was created.
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 18, 2011
guyz thanks for d response, guess u guyz needs to know y i called my mum's prayer wierd, mum is doing all dis prayers cos she said she has already told her friends that shes going to be the youngest grandmum in the clique a feat she as to attain before she os 46 cos d youngest grandmum in the clique is 47 an she is 44 now so to her under 1 year i must marry cos i must give birth to her grand child be4 she is 46.so soooooooooooo wierd[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by swiftycool(m): 9:15am On Jul 20, 2011
ds700:

Habba! what nonsense are u trying to say the above are tear eyed, agbero, old cargoes? mind yr tongue o angry
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by hollas2jnr(m): 6:07pm On Apr 13, 2012
@OP: There is no such thing as early prayer... Its good your mum started it early. All you have to make her understand is that its about your life and no her's; she's to guide you in your plans and not live her life through you. Early marriage is not a sin, likewise late marriages as well but GOD'S TIME IS THE BEST. Pursue you career and have 'that' in mind too... May God see you through - AMEN! ***I know it isn't easy coping with such pressure***
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by Bisjosh(f): 9:28pm On Apr 13, 2012
hollas2jnr: @OP: There is no such thing as early prayer... Its good your mum started it early. All you have to make her understand is that its about your life and no her's; she's to guide you in your plans and not live her life through you. Early marriage is not a sin, likewise late marriages as well but GOD'S TIME IS THE BEST. Pursue you career and have 'that' in mind too... May God see you through - AMEN! ***I know it isn't easy coping with such pressure***
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by maryini(f): 12:38am On Apr 14, 2012
@OP...same thing happened to me with a stranger. I did a good deed for her and she said God will give me a husband..I was so mad! I promptly asked her why of all the things in the world she could pray for did she have to mention a husband. I am not saying it is not a good thing to marry but I am like in my early 20s and its not like I look or am even close to desperate to get married...it is only God that saved her from me that day..mschewwww
Re: Mum's Wierd Prayer by hollas2jnr(m): 12:14pm On Apr 19, 2012
maryini: @OP...same thing happened to me with a stranger. I did a good deed for her and she said God will give me a husband..I was so mad! I promptly asked her why of all the things in the world she could pray for did she have to mention a husband. I am not saying it is not a good thing to marry but I am like 22 and its not like I look or am even close to desperate to get married...it is only God that saved her from me that day..mschewwww

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Would You PERMIT Your Wives To Use Make-up, Loud Jewelry, Wear Shapely Clothes? / Little Girl Messes Up Her Birthday Cake in Anger. / Who Should I Ask To Leave?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.