Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,987 members, 7,890,241 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:32 AM

2023 Presidency: List Of APC Delegates By States As Tinubu, Osinbajo Slug It Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: List Of APC Delegates By States As Tinubu, Osinbajo Slug It Out (1020 Views)

"Go To Court": Rowdiness As Yari, Akpabio Slug It Out / Buhari's Candidates Will Slug It Out: Fayemi Rejects Consensus Candidates / 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: List Of APC Delegates By States As Tinubu, Osinbajo Slug It Out by ExAngel007(f): 12:12pm On Apr 19, 2022
To emerge the presidential candidate of the ruling All
Progressives Congress (APC), Presidential aspirants of the
party like Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, Asiwaju Bola
Ahmed Tinubu, Rotimi Amaechi and others will battle for
7,800 delegates.

According to some observers, the numerical strength of states
in respect to delegates would play a key role in determining
who gets what among the various contenders.

List of APC delegates by states. Photo: Aso Rock
In this report, Legit.ng lists delegates by states.

Kano: 465 delegates

Katsina: 384 delegates

Borno: 324 delegates

Osun: 308 delegates

Lagos: 304 delegates

Oyo: 292 delegates

Jigawa: 266 delegates

Niger: 251 delegates

Ogun: 248 delegates

Nasarawa: 245 delegates.

Abia: 154 delegates

Adamawa: 184

Akwa Ibom: 165

Anambra: 163 delegates

Bauchi: 202 delegates

Bayelsa: 79 delegates

BenueL: 180 delegates

Cross River: 194 delegates

Delta: 170 delegates

Ebonyi: 154 delegates

Edo: 168 delegates

Ekiti: 216 delegates

Enugu: 131 delegates

Gombe: 134 delegates

Imo: 236 delegates

Kaduna: 234 delegates

Kebbi 213 delegates

Kogi: 222 delegates

Kwara: 195 delegates

Ondo: 200 delegates

Plateau: 185 delegates

Rivers: 151 delegates

Sokoto: 193 delegates

Taraba: 146 delegates

Yobe: 222 delegates

Zamfara: 169 delegates

FCT: 53 delegates.

The recent declaration of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has
not gone down well with some set of Nigerians. Many of
these people are not happy based on their own political
associations or certain beliefs.

Analysts have said the candidacy of Professor Yemi Osinbajo
would divide the Southwest governors and indeed the ruling
APC, especially the chances of a southern president.

From reactions on social media, it can be deduced that many
people are not happy with Osinbajo over his declaration.

https://www.legit.ng/politics/1466370-2023-presidency-list-apc-delegates-by-states-as-tinubu-osinbajo-slug-it-out/

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of APC Delegates By States As Tinubu, Osinbajo Slug It Out by dedonfranco(m): 12:36pm On Apr 19, 2022
I don't like Tinubu but can Osinbajo or Amaechi beat Him?

Tinubu political structure can't be push over.
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of APC Delegates By States As Tinubu, Osinbajo Slug It Out by Donshegxy10(m): 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2022
Without the interferance of buhari, it will be an easy race for buhari.
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of APC Delegates By States As Tinubu, Osinbajo Slug It Out by VladimirPutiin(m): 3:28pm On Apr 19, 2022
Donshegxy10:

You meant Tinubu ?
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of APC Delegates By States As Tinubu, Osinbajo Slug It Out by VladimirPutiin(m): 3:31pm On Apr 19, 2022
dedonfranco:
I don't like Tinubu but can Osinbajo or Amaechi beat Him?

Tinubu political structure can't be push over.

Check history those with strong political structures in Nigeria don’t become President except for Buhari who had a strong structure in the North. From Awolowo, Nnamdi Azikiwe to MKO Abiola, even Atiku with all their structures never got it. The Northen Cabals largely decides who becomes President.
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of APC Delegates By States As Tinubu, Osinbajo Slug It Out by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 19, 2022
Donshegxy10:

I think you mean Tinubu. Even with Buhari's intervention I still dont see Tinubu defeated.

This is because Buhari would be asking people to harm their own interest for what he wants when he will be gone next years.

Delegates know how coldly distant and unapproachable Buhari is in office talk less of when he will be out of Aso Rock next year.

Buhari they know views all others as dispensible and can abandon anyone at any time (just ask Oshiomhole) and does not offer anyone help, 'sweeteners' or political benevolence except his small crew of trusted insiders.

They will then do Buhari's bidding against Tinubu who is the ultimate friend and benefactor of all politicians and has remained in the trenches fighting for their interest till today and 15 years out of formal political office? We will see sha. I may be wrong.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of APC Delegates By States As Tinubu, Osinbajo Slug It Out by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 19, 2022
VladimirPutiin:

Check history those with strong political structures in Nigeria don’t become President except for Buhari who had a strong structure in the North. From Awolowo, Nnamdi Azikiwe to MKO Abiola, even Atiku with all their structures never got it. The Northen Cabals largely decides who becomes President.

Bro, the only thing constant in life is change. Even the restructuring and regionalism the North are petrified of and reject vehemently now will happen eventually with or without Tinubu.

For example, many nations of the world with energy transition plans in place, i.e a move away from fossil fuel towards cleaner renewable energy, will today be hastening their plans because of the dangerous and economically desteuctive monopoly it is now obvious Russia has over oil and gas supply.

I don't need to tell you what will happen to Nigeria's income when many nation begin gaining even 40 - 50% success with their energy transition plans.

Whether we like it or not, we will all have to look inwards to our States and region for our economic sustenance otherwise we starve. Simple as that.

Bottom line is that the past cannot always be a barometer of the Present talk less of the future.

The North will lose it ability to determine the leadership of a Nigeria, that has not diversified her economy away from oil under a visionary like Tinubu, once the centre is broke and unappealing which is an inevitable reality of Nigeria in as little as 20 years time from now.

In the future, it is visionaries and brilliant leaders like Awolowo, Azikiwe, Abiola, Tinubu etal the North will begging, rather than trying to frustrate, to take over leadership of even their own region when incredible suffering and hunger will be resetting the thinking of all Nigerians fast.

My brother, when eyes go clear dem no dey telli person.
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of APC Delegates By States As Tinubu, Osinbajo Slug It Out by PrinceOfLagos: 3:58pm On Apr 19, 2022
Osibanjo is the man

Tinubu in the mud
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of APC Delegates By States As Tinubu, Osinbajo Slug It Out by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 19, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Osibanjo is the man

Tinubu in the mud

Lol. It is no longer Amaechi or GEJ for you my "ibile" pal? cool
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of APC Delegates By States As Tinubu, Osinbajo Slug It Out by PrinceOfLagos: 4:04pm On Apr 19, 2022
candidtalk:

Lol. It is no longer Amaechi or GEJ for you my "ibile" pal? cool
Just lending my support to Osibanjo and I'm so happy with the way he has dealt with Tinubu but, Buhari got other plans that surely won't be in favour of Tinubu
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of APC Delegates By States As Tinubu, Osinbajo Slug It Out by Donshegxy10(m): 10:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
candidtalk:

I think you mean Tinubu. Even with Buhari's intervention I still dont see Tinubu defeated.

This is because Buhari would be asking people to harm their own interest for what he wants when he will be gone next years.

Delegates know how coldly distant and unapproachable Buhari is in office talk less of when he will be out of Aso Rock next year.

Buhari they know views all others as dispensible and can abandon anyone at any time (just ask Oshiomhole) and does not offer anyone help, 'sweeteners' or political benevolence except his small crew of trusted insiders.

They will then do Buhari's bidding against Tinubu who is the ultimate friend and benefactor of all politicians and has remained in the trenches fighting for their interest till today and 15 years out of formal political office? We will see sha. I may be wrong.

your analysis are 100 percent.

(1) (Reply)

North’ll Prefer President From South-south To South-west, South-east, But APC S / Apc Presidential Primaries Prediction / I Will Work Closely With You - Aminu Tambuwal Congratulates Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.