Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,437 members, 7,950,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:01 AM

Arsenal Are Now City’s Feeder Club - Ian Wright - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Are Now City’s Feeder Club - Ian Wright (1228 Views)

Good News For Arsenal: Liverpool’s Director Ian Ayre Hints Suarez Could Be Sold / Ian Wright Urges Arsenal To Make A Last Minute Deal For Jermain Defoe / I Have Lost My Respect On John Terry- Ian Wright (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Are Now City’s Feeder Club - Ian Wright by MeGaStReEt: 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2011

ON TUESDAY I was stopped in the street in Camden by an Arsenal fan, who asked me, simply: 'What the hell is going on with our club?'
It sounds brutal, it sounds blunt, but it sums up the mood of the supporters as this summer lurches from frustration to despair.

Gael Clichy's move to Manchester City wouldn't bother me much in normal circumstances.

I'm not that fussed by it on an individual basis as Kieran Gibbs is coming through nicely. But now it looks like Samir Nasri is set to join him.

Since when did Arsenal become Manchester City's feeder club? And with Cesc Fabregas looking a goner to Barcelona too, it's very, very sad to see. How on earth will Arsene Wenger attract any top players to Arsenal?

It's come to something when a player like Clichy feels Arsenal is not good enough for him anymore. He can see that Man City is going to be challenging for top trophies next season. For a start, he won't have to go through Champions League qualification, unlike Arsenal. It is a club going places and this summer City look like they will kick on again. Manchester United have made it clear they mean business too, being bullish in the transfer market and buying Ashley Young, Phil Jones and the keeper David De Gea. Liverpool have got Jordan Henderson and are making serious moves for Stewart Downing.

Chelsea have got a new manager in place and will soon be very active.

Arsenal are being left behind. And the trouble is, when all the top-class players have gone, it becomes extremely difficult to lure other top players to your club.
Wenger has put his faith in picking up little gems from abroad, little-known players who he can nurture and develop. All very well. But he has filled the dressing room with players who 'owe' him. It's a nice cosy arrangement.

There are no players who are big enough and experienced enough to turn around and say 'hang on boss, let's try this, or let's do that'.
Serious teams need established world-class players, who can bring it to bear in February and March when the youngsters need a gee-up, when the going gets tough and the demands of a long season kick in.

He's been asking too much of the young players he's brought through. Nicklas Bendtner, Fabregas, Robin van Persie, Clichy, are all good players but Arsenal should be courting the star players before they move to other big clubs. But they're nowhere to be seen. What's Wenger doing? I see the Gervinho deal looks close to being finalised. He might be good, fingers crossed. Well I'm sorry but fingers crossed doesn't work anymore. It hasn't worked for six years since the Gunners last won a trophy.

Downing, Jones, Henderson. Even Young. They might not be the sort of players Wenger likes but at least those other clubs are having a go. And by doing so, they send out a statement of intent they want to be even better next season. I'd love to see Wenger being given the same sort of transfer pot that the likes of Jose Mourinho had at Chelsea, or Andre Villas-Boas will get. The same backing Alex Ferguson enjoys at Manchester United.

I'd be so curious to see where he goes and what he does with it. But I have my suspicions that he would still dither about, take too long to make up his mind and then plump for someone in France or Spain hardly any of us have ever heard of. Fabregas has clearly recognised the fact that Arsenal will not be competing with their rivals in the transfer market. He has been loyal to them and played his best but now he can see what's going on and looks set to go.

That's been going on for some time but the whole transfer thing is like a house of cards. Once one big name wants out, the rest see it and it all comes tumbling down. I get accused of having a go at Arsenal. But I'm only putting in bold black and white the problems that the real fans are deeply concerned about.

And I'm not referring to those who came with the flash new Emirates Stadium, some of whom don't like singing on Saturday afternoons.
I've been engaged in fierce debates with some of whom have fallen for this guff that at least Arsenal's not in debt. They point out that the Glazers have borrowed fortunes in Manchester United's name. True. But Man Utd have also been in three Champions League finals in the last few years and have won Premier League trophies and FA Cups. Man Utd may have debts but I tell you this, if the club suddenly went on the market, it would be sold within a week. Would that happen with Arsenal? I'm not so sure.

Real fans don't give a hoot about debts. They pay a lot of money to come through the gates and they don't want to see their heroes passing them on the way out. Wenger is still the right man for the job but he needs proper backing and I do feel that sometimes he needs a good shaking. Right now, I can't see Arsenal challenging for the Premier League title next season, which is seriously depressing in July!

What I'd like to see are some bullish signings. Go out and chase the likes of Michael Essien. Get him back on top form and he's a fabulous player, plus you'd be getting a player from Chelsea, one of Arsenal's supposed rivals from the Premier League and just across the River Thames. Then go for keeper Joe Hart and Vincent Kompany and get your own back on Manchester City. Make the rest of English football sit up and take notice for once - not just Arsenal fans who can see the lights going out on their club.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/sunsport_columnists/3681696/Ian-Wright-says-Arsene-Wenger-only-buys-unknowns.html#ixzz1RSKbZtoy

Why would Essien want to go to a club that doesnt win trophies
Re: Arsenal Are Now City’s Feeder Club - Ian Wright by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:24am On Jul 08, 2011
ehn shebi na mumu like u go dey read and quote fellow mumu.

see the foolishness of u and your mentor wey u dey quote. read the part u bolded again, i dont suppose you are talking about another arsenal different from the one whose shares are so hot someone paid 14,000 pounds per share two weeks ago?
i suppose as an investor arsenal shares are unprofitable in your world?

and its also beyond you and your quoted mentor to figure out that the club making the most money is despite all still highly indebted?

smh. dont just be opening your mouth. its better when u keep quiet, at least folks will still think you are smart. instead of opening it and erasing that erroneous view
Re: Arsenal Are Now City’s Feeder Club - Ian Wright by dabraska: 4:20pm On Jul 08, 2011
4llerbuntu:

ehn shebi na mumu like u go dey read and quote fellow mumu.

see the foolishness of u and your mentor wey u dey quote. read the part u bolded again, i dont suppose you are talking about another arsenal different from the one whose shares are so hot someone paid 14,000 pounds per share two weeks ago?
i suppose as an investor arsenal shares are unprofitable in your world?

and its also beyond you and your quoted mentor to figure out that the club making the most money is despite all still highly indebted?

smh.  dont just be opening your mouth. its better when u keep quiet,  at least folks will still think you are smart. instead of opening it and erasing that erroneous view

now oga wats ur 'p' nw? u shudnt cme here and insult any1 jst lyk dat, I dnt know much about arsenal shares but wat i know is dat d sales dey make from jerseys nd stuffs lyk dat hv reduced drastically!
wat Ian wright has claimed, is it a lie? u dudes sold adebayor, kolo toure, and nw u r selling clichy, and its nt even dat dese guys ddnt play well or werent still on form for arsenal, it was jst for d profit! Arsenal is Mancity's feeder club nd stop gettin angry unecessarily!
now it even seems nasri will join, imagine! it shows dat d players even believe dey can win trophies wif man city, common man city. Arsenal will b humiliated dis season if players r not bought or wenger sacked! for Christ sake he has done enuf damage already.

but wen i think of dese tins, i laff, cus wen d coach and d board of arsenal r happy wif tins in d club, who r u to say u r nt satisfied. Wenger is making moni 4 Arsenal and d board is very hapi wif it so i guess dis will continue 4 a very long tym. cheesy

ehen! by d way u dudes shud hurry up nd sell fabregas to us sharp sharp! he is trophiless, so he dosent deserve d high moni being placed on him, afterall, its not lyk he is comin to bench any1 in my team. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Are Now City’s Feeder Club - Ian Wright by norrisman: 4:34am On Jul 09, 2011
Ian Wright is a tool! Not being rude but if no be say God bless the guy, who him for be to dey pen opinion for newspaper. The guy is a stark illiterate rewire (electrician) before football brought him out of the gutter. Imagine a London born and bred guy saying Chelsea FC is across the river from the Arsenal! Nuff jokes!

Which other paper could he be writing for apart form The Scum, that racist and bigoted newspaper bought by the illiterate working class people of UK who know nothing and believe what is written in the newspaper as gospel. Ian Wright doesnt realise (he is too dumb to see this) that this right wing press organisations just use him as their ethnic representation to gloss over their obvious hatred of anyone whos not like them. The guy even used to present on TalkSport, a radio station where people like John Gaunt (Gaunty) an open racist and secret BNP member also presented. The guy is too dull. You should have seen the guy when he used to be a pundit on BBC. He was usually lost and when he spoke, he said rubbish.

Whos is going to buy Arsenal, Ian asks. Ask Alisha Usmanov whether him done see person wey go sell am shares. If Arsenal shares werent desirable, they should be everywhere for a dime a dozen. Ian also thinks real fans dont care about debt and Arsenal should be given the kind of funds City and Chelsea get. I have a one word answer for that; Illiteracy!
Re: Arsenal Are Now City’s Feeder Club - Ian Wright by mbulela: 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2011
Ian Wright and The SUN - what a duo.
Ian Wright ought to be seen not heard.

(1) (Reply)

Why The English Premier League Is The Best League In The World... / Leicester City Vs Manchester City @ 8:45p.m Today / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.