Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,652 members, 7,905,462 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 12:13 PM

Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala (5512 Views)

GEJ's Achievements: Aganga, Iweala, Nebo, Adesina & Madueke Give Accounts / Latest On Boko Haram: Atiku Blasts Fg / Atiku Blasts Gej On The 2011 Budjet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by Chyz2: 12:10am On Jul 08, 2011
[size=15pt]Atiku blasts Aganga, hails Okonjo-Iweala[/size]

Written by Friday, 08 July 2011

Former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, has commended former Managing Director of the World Bank, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, for speaking truthfully about the state of the nation’s economy and the pace of budget implementation in the country.

He particularly praised the former Managing Director of the World Bank who publicly told the Senate on Wednesday at the screening of ministerial nominees that the Federal Government’s current expenditure is almost 74 per cent of the national budget, leaving virtually nothing for capital expenditure.

The former vice-president recalled that when he criticised the unwieldy recurrent expenditure of the 2011 budget at the expense of capital expenditure, the former Finance Minister, Olusegun Aganga, publicly branded him ignorant.

According to Abubakar, it is impossible to bring any development to the country and improve the living standard of the citizens when the recurrent expenditure incredibly overshoots the capital expenditure.

In his reaction to the national budget structure during his campaign for the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) presidential ticket in December 2010, Abubakar said: “your recurrent budget is 107 per cent of the total revenue. Put differently, your capital budget is one trillion whereas your deficit or planned borrowing is N1.4trillion, meaning that even with a zero capital budget, you plan to borrow about N400 billion to add to revenue to finance consumption… No one needs to be an economist to appreciate that this is a disaster.”

He recalled that the former Finance Minister, Aganga wrote a 40-page rebuttal to denounce his (Atiku’s) position that the budget was flawed in a language Atiku then described as “gutter and disrespectful.”

The former Vice President noted that, at this critical moment of national challenges for development, Nigeria needs courageous and honest professionals like Okonjo-Iweala, who can truthfully advise the President.

The former PDP presidential aspirant warned that leaders should not surround themselves with opportunists and sycophants who insulate them from reality.

Describing Okonjo-Iweala’s statement before the Senate as a vindication of his previous position on the budget, Atiku said the appointment of the former Managing Director of the World Bank is a clear message to Nigerians that the former Minister had no idea of what to do to with the economy.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/24749-atiku-blasts-aganga-hails-okonjo-iweala
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by ZnO: 12:15am On Jul 08, 2011
Aganga is a nonentity
Soludo told him the exact same thing that Ngozi just said
Olusegun Aganga? Hm!!
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by ZnO: 12:18am On Jul 08, 2011
Now you know why he cant return to his old job. Him nyash don open
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by koruji(m): 12:58am On Jul 08, 2011
Conceited dullard embarassed - Embarrassed for you.

alex_101:

Habuyayayahahya! grin Na today. It is only Igbo man/woman that can tackle complex issues such as reckless spending as obtainable in the dungeon called nigeria.
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by alex14(m): 1:06am On Jul 08, 2011
koruji:

Conceited dullard embarassed - Embarrassed for you.

grin Oily-soup-eating-mother%$%%er, I guess you're not embarrassed by your criminal-treasury-looting fathers like bankole, obj, bode george, olubumi etteh, diya, mko et.al? undecided How about the drug barron/certificate forger turned your tin god- Tinumbu? Goat!
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by koruji(m): 1:09am On Jul 08, 2011
Even dullard-er than I thought. Still embarrased for you embarassed

alex_101:

grin Oily-soup-eating-mother%$%%er, I guess you're not embarrassed by your criminal-treasury-looting fathers like bankole, obj, bode george, olubumi etteh, diya, mko et.al? undecided How about the drug barron/certificate forger turned your tin god- Tinumbu? Goat!
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by aljharem3: 1:11am On Jul 08, 2011
alex_101:

yoruba hater angry angry angry angry
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by alex14(m): 1:27am On Jul 08, 2011
alj_harem:

yoruba hater angry angry angry angry
Step 1, e yan mi, this is the mistake you NLder of yoruba extraction is making, I am a lover/admirer of the yoruba race. I believe you guys understand nigeria better than my dum.b arse Igbo peeps. I'm only encouraging this woman Iweala not to act like an angel in hell,,,,she should loot like everybody else. Look at it this way, OIL money from the minority areas in the niger delta is shared/squandered by mainly the northerners and yoruba, yet these bastear.d Ijaws blame Igbo for no reason, while at thesame time praising their true oppressors who are the northerners and their yoruba allies. It is in this light that I have resolved to be a "devil" rather than some "angel" in the dungeon called nigeria. Nigeria is like hell,,,,in hell, you don't live like an angel when others are living like demons, for it is tantamount to suicide. So, God bless the yoruba nation as they continue to empty the treasury,,,,I hope the Igbo will catch up with them and the hausa/fulani someday in terms of looting cool.
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by jumobi1(m): 2:10am On Jul 08, 2011
These guys were both Potomac MarylanD residents and I heard he recommended her to Obj
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 2:34am On Jul 08, 2011
alex_101:

Step 1, e yan mi, this is the mistake you NLder of yoruba extraction is making, I am a lover/admirer of the yoruba race. I believe you guys understand nigeria better than my dum.b arse Igbo peeps. I'm only encouraging this woman Iweala not to act like an angel in hell,,,,she should loot like everybody else. Look at it this way, OIL money from the minority areas in the niger delta is shared/squandered by mainly the northerners and yoruba, yet these bastear.d Ijaws blame Igbo for no reason, while at thesame time praising their true oppressors who are the northerners and their yoruba allies. It is in this light that I have resolved to be a "devil" rather than some "angel" in the dungeon called nigeria. Nigeria is like hell,,,,in hell, you don't live like an angel when others are living like demons, for it is tantamount to suicide. So, God bless the yoruba nation as they continue to empty the treasury,,,,I hope the Igbo will catch up with them and the hausa/fulani someday in terms of looting cool.
none of your word is lie! grin
but the bolded hurts/affect me the most! cos its the truth of the century cry cry cry
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by seanet02: 2:42am On Jul 08, 2011
Atiku is not somebody to be taken seriously. He is the most stewped politician i have ever seen in Nigeria, the same thing he is running is leaking mouth on was the same thing the lady did under Obj. Why this hypocricy- was he not the head of the Power Projects committee? What was his achievement for 8 years? He is mad!
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by otele(m): 3:21am On Jul 08, 2011
alex_101:

Habuyayayahahya! grin Na today. It is only Igbo man/woman that can tackle complex issues such as reckless spending as obtainable in the dungeon called nigeria.

Again, I don't support this post going to this woman or any Igbo. I'd rather posts, such as finance and petroleum ministries remained firmly in the hands of our friends of yoruba extraction. They are the only people that know how to loot the treasury blind, followed by their hausa/fulani masters, and as one who do not believe in "one nigeria" I could care less if the treasury is empty. This is why I'm a fan of Obj, Bode George, Bankole, Abacha, IBB et.al cheesy.
If this Iweala of a woman fail to loot like her colleagues of yoruba and northern extractions by playing the angel in hell, then she is an OAF and EFULEFU! cool

word!! cool
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by otele(m): 3:24am On Jul 08, 2011
alex_101:

word!! Word!!! cheesy

One Nigeria exists only in the mind of the mentally deranged and psychotic fools
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 3:24am On Jul 08, 2011
alex_101:

Really, if one is to judge her by her ethnicity, then it would be a great shame. She must be disappointed with her Igboness. No wonder Emeagwali links himself with the Yorubas.

When you have minds so ignorant and simple like yours, one would be ashamed to link with you.

Now I know why Iweala sees herself as a Nigerian, not as a failed Biafran.
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by otele(m): 3:29am On Jul 08, 2011
I'll be glad if she's non Igbo. Can't imagine igbos being the ones to work hard to turn around a country where they've been hated since 1966.
I'm sure that after 40yrs, the ijaws and rivers people are realizing that their real enemies are not the igbos. If they like let them have 20 MENDS or SEWING MACHINES or TAILORS, they will remain in Nigeria to bear the fruits of their betrayal. Even with an ijaw president, they are still living in hell.
Hahaha cheesy
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 3:32am On Jul 08, 2011
otele:

I'll be glad if she's non Igbo. Can't imagine igbos being the ones to work hard to turn around a country where they've been hated since 1966.
I'm sure that after 40yrs, the ijaws and rivers people are realizing that their real enemies are not the igbos. If they like let them have 20 MENDS or SEWING MACHINES or TAILORS, they will remain in Nigeria to bear the fruits of their betrayal. Even with an ijaw president, they are still living in hell.
Hahaha cheesy

Which country have they turned around? The Igbos cant even turn their own region around and you're talking about Nigeria.

She has yet to do anything. This is like OJ Simpson getting on the hall of fame BEFORE killing his wife. Speaking too soon.

The SW is the only nation that has done anything on a national level; which is diminishing power-hungry party like PDP. If the SW was still all PDPs, Nigeria would still be running as it was 5 yrs ago. You think Iweala and Tambuwal (or whatever his name is) would have been nominated? The thing people have yet to realize is that, one person cannot change anything, but collectively, the might is great. And SW ACN (be they bad or good) has shown the nation that. Just expecting 2012 to roll by.
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by otele(m): 3:38am On Jul 08, 2011
Nigeria shall know no peace until the blood of the innocent people murdered in cold blood has been pacified.  tongue

election? Won't work
census? Won't work
democracy? Won't work
national planning? Jaga jaga
education? Illiterate lecturers grin
even soccer, not anymore, even Rwanda and Congo can win us them.
Healthcare? Fake drugs
youth? Cult, whores, boko haram, party thugs
security? Hehehehheheheheheh
nothing will work until. . . . The original sin is appeased.
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 3:45am On Jul 08, 2011
You go wait tire for a fantasy pacification while more Igbos are joining their forefathers with the help of the same boko harams you're hailing.

The Igbos who are currently killing themselves in the SE will also be pacified, dont worry nau.
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 3:46am On Jul 08, 2011
And to take about illiterate lectures. Dont worry, it's getting there slowly.

[size=18pt]Umuahia- EDUCATION secretaries in Abia State Education system are alleged to be collecting bribes before offering jobs to applicants.[/size]

They were alleged to be collecting as much as N120,000 to employ teachers on grade level 5 and non- teaching staff on grade level 3, whose salary per month ranges between N10,000 and N15,000.

Some of the education secretaries were said to have exceeded the number of staff authorized by the Ministry of Education for employment, in a bid to make more money.

In Bende local government area, for example, the education authorities allegedly collected N120, 000 from about 180 applicants recruited.

They were alleged to have been mandated to engage 30 teaching and non-teaching staff, but overshot the number to recruit 180 persons, each of who paid N120, 000.

The last set of the employees recruited and given letters of appointment in December last year were alleged not to have been paid salary, despite the huge amount they paid as bribe.

Vanguard investigation revealed that because of the large number of teaching and non-teaching staff recruited, Bende education authorities now pay salaries on first-come-first serve basis, a system that had left many of them those affected receiving no salaries for months.

A staff of one of the schools in the zone, who confirmed paying N120,000 bribe to be employed last December, said she went to Bende last week to collect her salary, only to be told that the money had been exhausted.

It was learnt that though the affected workers were engaged last December, their appointment letters were back-dated to 2008.

A source told Vanguard that the practice had been on in Bende local government area for three years.

According to the source, those recruited between 2007 and 2008 paid between N40, 000 and N80, 000 as bribe before they were employed, while the amount rose to N120,000 last December.

Just last week, Governor Theodore Orji warned senior civil servants, including Permanent Secretaries alleged to be involved in sharp practices, to turn a new leaf or be shown the way out.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201107070263.html
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by alex14(m): 3:52am On Jul 08, 2011
otele:

Nigeria shall know no peace until the blood of the innocent people murdered in cold blood has been pacified.  tongue

election? Won't work
census? Won't work
democracy? Won't work
national planning? Jaga jaga
education? Illiterate lecturers grin
even soccer, not anymore, even Rwanda and Congo can win us them.
Healthcare? Fake drugs
youth? Cult, whores, boko haram, party thugs
security? Hehehehheheheheheh
nothing will work until. . . . The original sin is appeased.
GBAM! GBAM!! GBOSA!!!
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 3:59am On Jul 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You go wait tire for a fantasy pacification while more Igbos are joining their forefathers with the help of the same boko harams you're hailing. The Igbos who are currently killing themselves in the SE will also be pacified, dont worry nau.
likewise your brothers are joining their forefathers or do they kill only igbos?
@the second sentence, i laugh cos i seen how silly you are
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 4:02am On Jul 08, 2011
Toaskarity:

likewise your brothers are joining their forefathers or do they kill only igbos?
@the second sentence, i laugh cos i seen how silly you are

They are. But they're not the ones hailing the people killing my people.

Talk about fake drugs, why are fake pharmacy being closed down in the SE?

Ignorance is not bliss. Atleast one would talk about pacification if one's blood is not continuing to run(neth).

I guess when Orji and family robbed their state blind, pacification was also in progress.
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by NegroNtns(m): 4:03am On Jul 08, 2011
Lol! Another Aunty Ngozi shrine worshipper!

Somebody asked if she was God. Its appearing that ndigbo believe she is.
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 4:03am On Jul 08, 2011
This foolish people are ones Iweala has to ethnically align herself with? No wonder she chose NIgeria over Biafra.
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by alex14(m): 4:05am On Jul 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Really, if one is to judge her by her ethnicity, then it would be a great shame. She must be disappointed with her Igboness. No wonder Emeagwali links himself with the Yorubas.

When you have minds so ignorant and simple like yours, one would be ashamed to link with you.

Now I know why Iweala sees herself as a Nigerian, not as a failed Biafran.
Alhaja Ileke-Idi, se emi ati e ni ija ni? If Okonjo or Emeagwali like let them link themselves with planet pluto, that's their problem. I'm only concerned about my peeps getting their own share of the loot (either by hook or by crook) like you yorubas and your hausa/fulani masters.
BTW, thanks for referring to me as a biafran,,,I take it as a compliment cool Ese pupo grin. I rather be from a nation that refined oil into petrol 45yrs ago without any help from the white man, than be from a country hellish dungeon that can't boil an ordinary water without running to the white man for assistance grin.
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by ZnO: 4:05am On Jul 08, 2011
seanet02:

Atiku is not somebody to be taken seriously. He is the most stewped politician i have ever seen in Nigeria, the same thing he is running is leaking mouth on was the same thing the lady did under Obj. Why this hypocricy- was he not the head of the Power Projects committee? What was his achievement for 8 years? He is mad!

Atiku's comment on Aganga was based Soludo's report on the economy
I did tell you that Aganga was sinking. I hope you sink with him grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 4:11am On Jul 08, 2011
alex_101:

Alhaja Ileke-Idi, se emi ati e ni ija ni? If Okonjo or Emeagwali like let them link themselves with planet pluto, that's their problem. I'm only concerned about my peeps getting their own share of the loot (either by hook or by crook) like you yorubas and your hausa/fulani masters.
BTW, thanks for referring to me as a biafran,,,I take it as a compliment cool Ese pupo grin. I rather be from a nation that refined oil into petroleum 45yrs ago without any help from the white man, than be from a country hellish dungeon that can't boil an ordinary water without running to the white man for assistance grin.

You're not making any sense and you can barely make any articulate post.

Igbo past Igbo. . . . no wonder Osu still exists. Whereas Brilliant people like Iweala exists, people like you are at the helm dragging her down.

No wonder she chose Nigeria over Biafra. People like Dora who are pro-SE are busying begging for postion back from Lady GEJ. If Iweala missteps, she'll also go down. So the best thing for her is to not claim her, she's best as a NIgerian.
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 4:23am On Jul 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

They are. But they're not the ones hailing the people killing my people.
who is hailing who?
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by alex14(m): 4:36am On Jul 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You're not making any sense and you can barely make any articulate post.

Igbo past Igbo. . . . no wonder Osu still exists. Whereas Brilliant people like Iweala exists, people like you are at the helm dragging her down.

No wonder she chose Nigeria over Biafra. People like Dora who are pro-SE are busying begging for postion back from Lady GEJ. If Iweala missteps, she'll also go down. So the best thing for her is to not claim her, she's best as a NIgerian.
If you had noticed by now I seldom respond to your posts, or those of any goat on this forum cool. Tonight, because I'm in a good mood, I decided to entertain your stupidity,,,,but as usual, you don't dissapoint. Try as hard as you can, this is not about biafra,,,rather it is about how the game is played in your "one-nigerian" dungeon,,,smart and discerning folks like myself of Igbo extraction are hell bent on "throwing down and getting dirty" like everybody else,,,something your people have been doing for years,,,and I don't think you should have any problem with us having some Bode George, Bankole, Olubumi Etteh, Tafa Balogun, Obj, IBB, Abacha et.al in Igbo land.
 I am a realist and not a dreamer,,,I will not search for the living amongst the dead,,,hence, I terminate any further debate/conversation with you cool.
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 4:44am On Jul 08, 2011
alex_101:

If you had noticed by now I seldom respond to your posts, or those of any goat on this forum cool. Tonight, because I'm in a good mood, I decided to entertain your stupidity,,,,but as usual, you don't dissapoint. Try as hard as you can, this is not about biafra,,,rather it is about how the game is played in your "one-nigerian" dungeon,,,smart and discerning folks like myself of Igbo extraction are hell bent on "throwing down and getting dirty" like everybody else,,,something your people have been doing for years,,,and I don't think you should have any problem with us having some Bode George, Bankole, Olubumi Etteh, Tafa Balogun, Obj, IBB, Abacha et.al in Igbo land.
 I am a realist and not a dreamer,,,I will not search for the living amongst the dead,,,hence, I terminate any further debate/conversation with you cool.

You're still not making any sense. If you are indeed proud to be ethnically aligned with Iweala, you'd honor her by getting yourself together before typing such senseless post as the one you typed above. No rational person would take the above serious.

Igboland should not even be in discussion here as the woman is fighting for NIgeria and she considers herself a Nigerian compared to Great eddiots like Dora Akuyili.

Oya, dont terminate. You're too far in to think about reclaiming any cyber dignity right now.
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by emekaD3(m): 4:53am On Jul 08, 2011
na who ask atiku
Re: Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 5:07am On Jul 08, 2011
@ alex_101, Out of curiosity, can you clarify why Ibo's call yorubas Oily soup or Ofenmanu To me it is pretty stupid. I mean i would take oily stew/soup over stark dry soup with rock hard Eba that ibo's eat, IMHO.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Italian Engineer Kidnapped In Kwara / it is two countries..-- AdeMusiwa / I Broke Down In Tears When I Got This Verymessage:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.