Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,815 members, 7,882,828 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:18 PM

Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc (1668 Views)

How To Recover Files From A Formated Laptop / Help! How Can I Install An Os On Mini Laptop / How To Recover Files From A Dead Computer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc by barlery: 10:29am On Jul 08, 2011
Goodday,

i recently installed SUSE linux 64-bit on vmware on my laptop, which originally runs windows 7. i have some softwre on my win 7, that i need to transfer to my linux and install therein. i tried using a flash drive copying them out of win 7, and mounting it on the linux, but the process is quite slow, and even though i decided to wait it out it never really completes. pls i would appreciate it if some one with a better idea help me out.
Thanks
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc by denzel2009: 10:54am On Jul 08, 2011
Drag and drop works.
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc by barlery: 11:05am On Jul 08, 2011
nope it doesnt work, i've tried that also, thanks though, any more ideas please?
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc by denzel2009: 11:13am On Jul 08, 2011
It works for me oh. . . Anyway, you can install teamviewer on both environments and transfer files.
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc by tonyjobs(m): 11:39am On Jul 08, 2011
Hi Dude,

You may also try this:

a)

Make a 1 GB large file on a Linux OS with that command:

"dd if=/dev/zero of=1GB count=1000 bs=1000000".

It should have on a Windows system about 976,563 MegaBytes.

b)

Each virtual machine (VM) should have 1 NIC at 1 GBit/s.

c)

On Windows OS use shares to move the file from Windows to Sles and back.

Regards,
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc by dellnet: 11:47am On Jul 08, 2011
barlery, since you don't like the first option (which is the simplest) the second option I would suggest is to use FTP within the network.
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc by jimblaze(m): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2011
you would have to install vmware tools on the guest O/S first which Suse ( go to the vmware manual for a detailed way on how to install it, which is quite straightforward) then after that you simply drag and drop!
Re: Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc by dellnet: 12:38pm On Jul 08, 2011
jimblaze:

you would have to install vmware tools on the guest O/S first which Suse ( go to the vmware manual for a detailed way on how to install it, which is quite straightforward) then after that you simply drag and drop!
Not across different platforms.

(1) (Reply)

How To Remove Win32 Trojan Virus That Turns Your Files To Shortcut / Proper Computer Maintenance You Need To Know! / Pls Help(urgently!): Laptop Fails To Boot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.