Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,422 members, 7,881,547 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:29 PM

Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) (49415 Views)

Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) / ‘2Africa’ Subsea Cable In Lagos By Bayobab & MTN / Google’s Equiano Submarine Cable To Begin Operations In Nigeria By December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by gasparpisciotta: 6:59pm On Apr 21, 2022
BloomingDale:
Equiano, the name of a famous slave boy during the trans Atlantic slave trade? What is wrong with google? What kind of demeaning name is that? And Africans are celebrating? African men, Tuehhh? See as the white man dey take una play Kalo kalo. No wonder they are flogging you guys with horse whip at their border. Wish I had a horse whip to flog you guys too. Lolz.

This is purely your opinion ser.

Naming that cable Equiano has immortalized that young famous black boy.

Which of the currencies carry your picture bros?

3 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Dawn91(m): 6:59pm On Apr 21, 2022
tamdun:

Do u know how many Edo indigene in Lagos state civil servant? What makes u think tinubu is tribalistic, this man had more non yoruba in his govt compare to any government up till date

Show me stats and not hear say... Anambra just employed one of my brothers show me stats and I will believe
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by BloomingDale(f): 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2022
Bluffly:

Have you read about the Egypt slavery?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Egypt
Is Egypt not part of Africa that also enslaved people from Europe? Think beyond.

Maybe you think the project is only around Africa
https://www.businessinsider.com/google-facebook-giant-undersea-cables-internet-tech-2021-9?r=US&IR=T#facebook-is-a-backer-of-the-2africa-cable-which-is-now-set-to-stretch-from-europe-around-africa-and-across-the-arabian-gulf-making-it-the-longest-cable-in-the-world-4

Why must they name the cable after a slave boy? What is the link between a slave boy and an internet cable? Africans too Mumu, I swear.

2 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Basheer22: 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2022
Afonjakid:
Igbos are the least tribalistic of all Nigerian tribe. See how the igbo woman brought it to Lagos instead of the SE.

1. Igboland has the least Internet penetration in Nigeria.
2. Igboland has no seaport to connect it from.
3. Google Nigeria's Data Centres and HQ are in Lagos.

If that woman mentioned taking it to the SE, she would have been sacked before close of work same day.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by BloomingDale(f): 7:02pm On Apr 21, 2022
gasparpisciotta:

This is purely your opinion ser.

Naming that cable Equiano has immortalized that young famous black boy.

Which of the currencies carry your picture bros?

What is the link between a slave boy and an internet cable coming to the whole of Africa and surrounding us?

1 Like

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Justinlean02(m): 7:02pm On Apr 21, 2022
BloomingDale:

Nigerian born writer and abolitionist. Keep spouting rubbish. Just wait for your second enslavement so that you can write a book on it.
two of una correct make una just rest angry
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Basheer22: 7:03pm On Apr 21, 2022
Help2020:

Why does your Jagaban or cabalban goes to UK for medical treatment? I thought Lagos is already a mega city better than London?

Where did Ojukwu die?
Where did Obiano want to run to for treatment before being caught like a rat?
Where is Peter Obi hiding his stolen Pandora loot?

4 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Parachoko: 7:03pm On Apr 21, 2022
Reni1:

Na wa o, Is it possible that the name was given to immortalize and honor this slave? Considering naming this technology, which will make a significant impact in the lives of the people, as demeaning may be stretching the race card too far beyond reason. For example, my direct ancestors were not slaves but there is nothing significant tied to their names asides from memories, and when we start having children, our children may not even know that they existed at some point.

I think the name given to the fiber was on a positive note and look forward to how lives in that area will change. For example, a new settlement can be setup close to this Data Center and people get to work remotely from that location. Imagine earning dollars and enjoying City life in the remote part of lagos.

Thank you for this writeup.
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by IgweBUIKE1(m): 7:04pm On Apr 21, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
Jagaban wey God give good aura to bless Lagos go bless Nigeria when Jagaban become President.

Lagos just dey shine and become more and more prosperous. God I thank u for Jagaban, Lagos, Google, and APC o.

For me and my household, na Jagaban we go vote for in 2023 insha allah.
bigotry

1 Like

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by DeepSight(m): 7:05pm On Apr 21, 2022
BloomingDale:
Equiano, the name of a famous slave boy during the trans Atlantic slave trade? What is wrong with google? What kind of demeaning name is that? And Africans are celebrating? African men, Tuehhh? See as the white man dey take una play Kalo kalo. No wonder they are flogging you guys with horse whip at their border. Wish I had a horse whip to flog you guys too. Lolz.

Your stupidity is benumbing.

2 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by koning: 7:05pm On Apr 21, 2022
Chrissly:
Of all the names they could choose

Nothing wrong with the name.

Equaino Oludua was also confirmed to be an Igbo slave.
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Bluffly: 7:07pm On Apr 21, 2022
BloomingDale:

Why must they name the cable after a slave boy? What is the link between a slave boy and an internet cable? Africans too Mumu, I swear.
What name should they have given? Oga wise. He is not a slave but was kidnapped into slavery. He was living an honourable life before he was kidnapped by criminal elements. He moved and ended the same criminal, ungodly an inhuman act.

4 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by nedekid: 7:09pm On Apr 21, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
License to spy.

It is because we don't have the intellectual understanding of things, that is why, an american all the way from USA is laying subsea cables here on Nigeria shores
I wil prefare we have one from the Asian axis too. Ie owned by China tech, India or Russia.
All these infrastructure is geo politics.
Any disagreement with and they ie west will "sanction" by disconnecting you, once they are sure you are heavily reliant on the network.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by DeepSight(m): 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2022
aribisala0:
How do you know ? You read it somewhere and chose to believe. You really do not know this for a fact. No one does

The man wrote his own life story and said he was taken from an Igbo village. I don't know why so many people are determined to insist that he couldn't be Igbo. I used to have a friend who was rabidly anti-Igbo. He was ready to die on this matter, insisting that Olaudah could not be Igbo. Why?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Transcriber: 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2022
BloomingDale:

Immortalize and honor a slave? WTH is wrong with you? The cable is for your second enslavement. They are just letting you know ahead of time.
just shut up
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by CUMIN: 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2022
BloomingDale:

Go read about that guy
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2022
My spirit say I should type (You no dey fail as usual)

you no dey fail as usual

[quote author=BloomingDale post=112155331][/quote]

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by oaugraduate1234(m): 7:12pm On Apr 21, 2022
I so much love Lagos. A land of numerous opportunities.

1 Like

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Transcriber: 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2022
engrchykae:
as if Nigeria is not a slave to British till date.
Just tell us your problem with the name it's that it's Ibo.
Nigeria is a slave of the British with the Fulani as house niggars of the estate.
what does it mean in Igbo?
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2022
He mentioned only one criminal naaa..See the way you are asking questions about legends..yoloba people self

Basheer22:

Where did Ojukwu die?

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by blowjohn(m): 7:17pm On Apr 21, 2022
That's how Glo was shouting underwater sea cable frm one continent like that to africa on CNN up and down.
Yet there services are just average.

The money they spend advertising would av been better put into improving services
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:17pm On Apr 21, 2022
My spirit say I should type (sorry no vex,we learn everyday..uhmm what's the job of a transcriber ?)

sorry we learn everyday..uhmm what's the job of a transcriber ?

Transcriber:
what does it mean in Igbo?
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Yankee101: 7:19pm On Apr 21, 2022
BloomingDale:

Add pics of how they treat white refugees nicely for contrast
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:22pm On Apr 21, 2022
With names like this(basheer)..how can one differentiate who's from the slavish coward tribe or the original migrant from the sahel.... what kind of wickedness is this chineke..?

Basheer22:

If that woman mentioned taking it to the SE, she would have been sacked before close of work same day.
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Help2020: 7:22pm On Apr 21, 2022
Basheer22:

Where did Ojukwu die?
If you were intelligent you would have answered my question before coming out with baseless counter argument. Ojukwu,obiano are not vying for the office of the president. Peter obi does not go abroad for medical treatment. Even in your reply you still scored an own goal. Typical of tinubu supporters,agberos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by donbenie(m): 7:22pm On Apr 21, 2022
BloomingDale:
A famous EX SLAVE..
Who rose to prominence and stature in life,despite his unlikely beginnings?
What exactly is wrong with celebrating triumphs in the face of adversities?
Una must always get something to bitch about.. angry

3 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by shaggy007(m): 7:23pm On Apr 21, 2022
BloomingDale:

When the cable starts functioning, you'll be the first to ask for free data.

Abeg swerve one side.
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Transcriber: 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
My spirit say I should type (sorry no vex,we learn everyday..uhmm what's the job of a transcriber ?)

sorry we learn everyday..uhmm what's the job of a transcriber ?

google.com
Mafejopami
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Transcriber: 7:25pm On Apr 21, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
He mentioned only one criminal naaa..See the way you are asking questions about legends..yoloba people self

Igbo sef dey talk

1 Like

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by BloomingDale(f): 7:25pm On Apr 21, 2022
Yankee101:

Add pics of how they treat white refugees nicely for contrast

They treat white refugees like royalty. I heard they give each family about $400 000. They bus them in AC buses and set them up in nice hotels. For the Nigerians, it is horsewhip while they sleep in detention camps. Lolz. I need me a whyte man, I swear. Na boss him be.
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:26pm On Apr 21, 2022
Ah Han na..why na? shioor

Transcriber:
google.com
Mafejopami
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Afonjakid: 7:29pm On Apr 21, 2022
Basheer22:
[s]

If that woman mentioned taking it to the SE, she would have been sacked before close of work same day[/s].
Dumb afonja.. subsea cable has not do with seaport but coastlines connected to the Atlantic ocean.

Why didn't they choose Osun state or ekiti or even Oyo state?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Can I Detect Private Number When Some1 Use It To Flash Me.pls Help Me. / What's The Best Midnight Data Plan Available? / Tiktok Bans Account Of Content Creator Embarking On 24 Hours Buried Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.