Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,379 members, 7,950,813 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 10:52 PM

Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday (26992 Views)

Throwback: The Village Headmaster (1968-1988) / ‘The Village Headmaster’ Returns Sunday After 34 Years Off Screen / The Village Headmaster Returns After 33 Years As NTA Releases Trailer (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by 1870be: 7:31am On Apr 23, 2022
[s]
post=112189404:
Welcome Back Village Head Masters.
One of the great shows of the Good Ol' Days.

The Village Headmaster was set in the fictitious Yoruba village of Oja, with plot lines dealing with social problems and effect of government policies in Oja.
The television series was produced after Nigeria gained independence, and was the first major television drama with an ensemble cast from different ethnic groups.
Nigerian Pidgin was mixed with standard English and Yoruba as the Oja residents' language of choice, with most scenes occurring in the Oloja of Oja's palace, the headmaster's school, and Amebo's palm wine shack.

Ted Mukoro as Headmaster #1, an old-fashioned school headmaster.

Femi Robinson as Headmaster #2 (replaced Mukoro).

Justus Esiri as Headmaster #3 (replaced Robinson).

Dejumo Lewis as Kabiyesi, Oja's traditional ruler.

Clara Olushola as headmaster's wife (Clara Fagade).

Albert Egbe as Lawyer OdunugaIbidun Allison as Amebo, village gossip.

Jab Adu as Bassey Okon, supplies store owner.

Funso Adeolu as Senior Chief.

Joe Layode - Teacher Garuba.

Charles Awuru.

Albert Kosemasi as Gorimapa.

Wow!
Reminiscent times.
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by shegz24(m): 7:34am On Apr 23, 2022
Failed on arrival.

Who watches NTA,AIT,WAPTv?

If its not on AM family , that is the first sign of failure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by kechywillz(m): 7:35am On Apr 23, 2022
The masquerade was the best of them all
Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by Bahamas95(m): 7:41am On Apr 23, 2022
superCleanworks:
Who will act the role of a legendary actress like MADAM KOFO?
They better select a good cast of original theater trained actors

These phony actors will spoil it and kill the originality with all their useless fake American accent and formings.
You're right.

Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by Justiceleague1: 8:03am On Apr 23, 2022
MAGG0T:
you
Thank you jare.

Unite Nigerians while they keep feeding fat on the country's resources
Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by Justiceleague1: 8:04am On Apr 23, 2022
shegz24:
Failed on arrival.

Who watches NTA,AIT,WAPTv?

If its not on AM family , that is the first sign of failure.
Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by Justiceleague1: 8:10am On Apr 23, 2022
Jab Adu = Samuel L Jackson
Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by Tjohnson2000: 8:31am On Apr 23, 2022
Can you tell me one single thing you derive from watching BB9JA?

Why are some of you so stupid? Must everything be compared to BBNAIJA? BBNaija seems to be the headache of some of you and I don't know why. Who are you to tell people what to enjoy? Most of you watch football, no one asks you the moral lesson you learnt from watching Laliga and Premiership, but when it comes to BBN and other reality TV, your broken moral compasses starts to spin. Ndi ara!![/quote]

1 Like

Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by Dozie32(m): 8:52am On Apr 23, 2022
Saxxon:

Why are some of you so stupid? Must everything be compared to BBNAIJA? BBNaija seems to be the headache of some of you and I don't know why. Who are you to tell people what to enjoy? Most of you watch football, no one asks you the moral lesson you learnt from watching Laliga and Premiership, but when it comes to BBN and other reality TV, your broken moral compasses starts to spin. Ndi ara!!

I guess you're the stupid and senseless coward here, I blame your idiotic parents that didn't apply family planning on tagant like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by Thryphosa(m): 8:53am On Apr 23, 2022
Buhari is working!
Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by judedwriter(m): 9:07am On Apr 23, 2022
abobote:
People still watch NTA?

Incredibly yes...

Thought maybe by now nta would have been in a museum cheesy
Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by larrypourl(m): 9:15am On Apr 23, 2022
chatinent:
I'm still waiting for Fuji House of Commotion.

And family cycle, Everyday people grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by samiabigail: 9:25am On Apr 23, 2022
Saxxon:

Why are some of you so stupid? Must everything be compared to BBNAIJA? BBNaija seems to be the headache of some of you and I don't know why. Who are you to tell people what to enjoy? Most of you watch football, no one asks you the moral lesson you learnt from watching Laliga and Premiership, but when it comes to BBN and other reality TV, your broken moral compasses starts to spin. Ndi ara!!
God punish all your entire generation
for this kind of comment and people
like you ought to be wiped out from d
face of the earth. Shameless HeGoat undecided
Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by MrBONE2(m): 9:37am On Apr 23, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

I got no idea what this TV show is all about

Indomie generation sitedgrin

Damn Niggar all so right grin
Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by Joeyfizzo: 9:40am On Apr 23, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

...it was a block buster back then....Checkmate, third eye, cock crow at dawn, New masquerade.....etc
Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by lexy2014: 9:49am On Apr 23, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

Yes nah.
Very interesting soap to watch.
Not all dis yansh and bwest nonsense wey dem dey show dis days.
Another one I enjoyed so much was Egejuru
I can't really remember the name of the film sha�

Yeah u right. There's a whole lot of difference between soaps of today and those they acted way back. These days, things are so cosmetic. But not sure madam kofo was in village headmaster. I think it was second chance
Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by Walkee: 10:11am On Apr 23, 2022
How will I watch NTA 240p resolution on my 40 inch TV?
Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by warlordd(m): 10:19am On Apr 23, 2022
Very nice programme! Hope new masquerade will follow suit.
Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by chatinent: 10:32am On Apr 23, 2022
larrypourl:

And family cycle, Everyday people grin

Oh yes.

1 Like

Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by meobizy(f): 10:55am On Apr 23, 2022
Rubbish. Completely dead in the water.
Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:20pm On Apr 23, 2022
TheDemola:
It's time for some of you to see some of the things that made our childhood sweet and memorable. Maybe them never born Seun and Mynd44 too then grin grin
Agbalagbi

1 Like

Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2022
uchaymart:
This was the time of "TEACHER CHIKE" cool..

My best programs I watched growing up were
1. One big family
2. Village headmaster
3. The big power ( jagua)
4. Things fall apart....shown every Saturday evening
elder
Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by TheDemola: 2:19pm On Apr 23, 2022
Holluwhakemmy:
Agbalagbi
God bless you Kemi dear

1 Like

Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by uchaymart(m): 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2022
Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by Bobbyjay001(m): 7:03pm On Apr 23, 2022
uchaymart:
This was the time of "TEACHER CHIKE" cool..

My best programs I watched growing up were
1. One big family
2. Village headmaster
3. The big power ( jagua)
4. Things fall apart....shown every Saturday evening

Mine was :
The masquerade ( chief Zebrudaya, giringorin, Jegede sokoya, etc)

Tales by moonlight

Edge of paradise

Fuji house of commotion

Storyland

Super story (Omoye) and many more I can't remember
Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by Mummyfour(f): 7:30pm On Apr 23, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see checkmate, tales by moonlight, the rich also cry...etc following suit.

This I have seen.
Ripples, Cockecrow at dawn, Basil and company should follow suit too grin
Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by space9880: 8:34pm On Apr 23, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

indomie generation
Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by armadeo(m): 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2022
vision2050:
Guilder ultimate search didn't live up to the hype.
Can village master meet viewers demand, because generation that watched the drama are now grandma and grandpa.
More so, who have the time to watch TV series?
Best of luck to them.

We never old like that..
Re: Village Headmaster Returns, Begins Sunday by vision2050: 7:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
armadeo:

We never old like that..
like how old are you grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Walking Dead Season 3 / Where Is TSTV Nigeria 17 Days After Launch? – Biola Kazeem / BBNaija: Khafi To Gedoni "I Was Celibate For 8 Years After I Became Christian"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.