Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:42 AM

EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions (34433 Views)

Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles / Poland Refuses To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles / Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2022
Jeromejnr:

LNg pipeline contracts take at least 4 years to manufacture just 1 terminal sir.

Please educate yourself.

This comedian said it will take 4 years to compete LNG construction in Germany, effectively calling Germany a liar.

.... but first, he said 4 years, meaning 2022 -2026.

effectively agreeing with me and Germany that it will take 2 years when he posted the caption below that says 2024, meaning 2 years.

See? Poor education and lousy reading, comprehension and basic arithmetic skills.

When you argue blindly, misrepresent and embarrass yourself..

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2022
Heathrow44:

sad undecided

Debate me based on what I said, not what I did not say or off-topic issues.
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 5:03pm On Apr 23, 2022
Before making payments, EU operators could also make a clear statement that they consider their contractual obligations to be completed when they deposit euros or dollars with Gazprombank - as opposed to later , after the payment is converted into roubles, the document said.

Before another ignorant, unintelligent, and can't read and comprehend comment, please gently read and understand the above quote, especially the read highlight.

This means, they are paying in Euros and Dollars and after paying their Euros and Dollars payment, their business is done and whatever Russia or their banks does with the money is none of their business.

This is for your own education, so you don't keep embarrassing yourself on the internet.
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Pacesetter123(m): 5:42pm On Apr 23, 2022
plaindealer:

Reading and comprehension na serious wahala for Nigerian youths.. grin

The EU is not paying dumb asss pouTin in worthless rubbles, they are paying in Euros and Dollars while the Gazprombank, the Russian bank converts the payment into rubbles.

If Gazprombank sleeps better at night by converting EU's Euros and Dollars payment into Rubbles, that is their problem, but they are not getting any rubble payment from the EU.

You equally have a comprehension problem too,Mr Man.
Can't you also read and understand where the article pointed out that it is just EU kind of proposal and that they are yet to hear from Russian side to know whether they will accept the proposal or not?
Who told you Russia will allow them pay in useless dollars or euros while Russian bank will suffer to convert it to their local currency?
They must pay in Rubble according to the executive decree signed by the great Putin.Wait n see, let them send that their proposal to Russia first.You will see the reply.
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Pacesetter123(m): 5:58pm On Apr 23, 2022
Sirlancelort:

Oga sir, I never knew you were on NL incase you need volunteers to fight for you in Russia am available sir, am loyal sir, Lol.
No mind all those puppets, most of them don hide face.
grin grin grin grin
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 6:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
Pacesetter123:
You equally have a comprehension problem too,Mr Man.
Can't you also read and understand where the article pointed out that it is just EU kind of proposal and that they are yet to hear from Russian side to know whether they will accept the proposal or not?

Who told you Russia will allow them pay in useless dollars or euros while Russian bank will suffer to convert it to their local currency?
They must pay in Rubble according to the executive decree signed by the great Putin.Wait n see, let them send that their proposal to Russia first.You will see the reply.

Dude, unfortunately for you, this proposal is there in black and white and it's not in any kind of contention so I don't see your point, that's very mute at this point, the issue remains the fact that regardless of the proposal, the EU is not paying 1 kobo worthless Russian Rubble for a spec of Russian gas.

...meaning, before and after the proposal, they are still not paying in Rubble for Russian gas. PERIOD.

Dumbass Putin can sign whatever rubbish decree he likes in his kremlin bunker, he won't get 1 worthless rubble for his gas or oil.

Btw, after arguing blindly endlessly, you just figured out that it's a proposal when in fact it's been there all along..

Jokers... grin grin
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 6:02pm On Apr 23, 2022
Before making payments, EU operators could also make a clear statement that they consider their contractual obligations to be completed when they deposit euros or dollars with Gazprombank - as opposed to later , after the payment is converted into roubles, the document said.

One more time, read and comprehend..
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Pacesetter123(m): 6:05pm On Apr 23, 2022
jahmielbless:

The long awaited oraimo 40,000mah and freepods pro now available.

22.5w fast charge
Type c input and output
Dual ports

Pay on delivery
Nationwide delivery

Don't sleep on this.

How much?
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Pacesetter123(m): 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2022
plaindealer:

Dude, unfortunately for you, this proposal is there in black and white and it's not in any kind of contention so I don't see your point, that's very mute at this point, the issue remains the fact that regardless of the proposal, the EU is not paying 1 kobo worthless Russian Rubble for a spec of Russian gas.

...meaning, before and after the proposal, they are still not paying in Rubble for Russian gas. PERIOD.

Dumbass Putin can sign whatever rubbish decree he likes in his kremlin bunker, he won't get 1 worthless rubble for his gas or oil.

Btw, after arguing blindly endlessly, you just figured out that it's a proposal when in fact it's been there all along..

Jokers... grin grin

grin grin
You can mislead others,not me.
Go back and read paragraph 11 of that article very slowly and come back and tell me how you understand it.
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by olas24u(f): 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2022
pargelenis:
So why did your dear Putin attack Kyiv in the first place?
And why did he then run away after he got his nose bloodied grin

Russia is the world’s fifth largest steel producer true or false?
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by olas24u(f): 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2022
pargelenis:

Mariupol as a sea? True or false
It has a port? True or false
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Pacesetter123(m): 6:26pm On Apr 23, 2022
IgOga:

Lol.... grin....they have to open a ruble account. They can fund it in any currency. If you open dollar account in Nigeria....you pay your naira and the bank converts it to dollars.....Europe is selling euro to the bank and buying Rubble.....if you understand forex you will not be talking nonsense....na Putin design the plan for them... give me free euro and I will give you my ruble that you want to devalue
You be Economist, don't bother yourself educating this people again.Even me I don tire to educate one weh dey quote me up and down, still him no want learn
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 6:28pm On Apr 23, 2022
Pacesetter123:

You can mislead others,not me.
Go back and read paragraph 11 of that article very slowly and come back and tell me how you understand it.

I'd you understand it differently, please be nice enough to express yourself otherwise.

Joker.. grin
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Pacesetter123(m): 6:34pm On Apr 23, 2022
muhammaduyusufu:

I like your sarcastic comment. after they finish defending Putin on here, they would soak their garri and groundnut and call it a night. grin
grin grin
Same thing with you after you finished defending Boris and Biden.
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by olas24u(f): 6:36pm On Apr 23, 2022
pargelenis:

Have you heard about Donetsk People’s Republic?
Donesk is close to the black sea, true or false? You can easily get to the east mediterran sea from donesk and west of Asia, suez, Indian ocean, south of Asia, southeast asia

and close to the Black Sea. That implies a short trip to the Eastern Mediterranean, including many potential customers in West Asia. And crossing Suez and reaching the Indian Ocean, are customers all across South and Southeast Asia.it can connect rail road into Russia, to china and central Asia. So tell me what is left in Ukraine? As an African I expect your brains to be working on how we will free ourselves from Bretton woods chains. And all these will impact Africa.

3 Likes

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Pacesetter123(m): 6:39pm On Apr 23, 2022
plaindealer:

I'd you understand it differently, please be nice enough to express yourself otherwise.

Joker.. grin
That's not the paragraph 11 I asked you to go and read.
Now, for the second time,go back and read paragraph 11 of the article.
This time around, very slowly and come back and tell me how you understand it.
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 7:10pm On Apr 23, 2022
[s]
Pacesetter123:
That's not the paragraph 11 I asked you to go and read.
Now, for the second time,go back and read paragraph 11 of the article.
This time around, very slowly, and come back and tell me how you understand it.
[/s]

Not interested in your pointless and redundant paragraph nonsense, above is the crux and what you are still unable to read and comprehend.

When people like you are not man enough to admit that you are wrong and can not read and comprehend simple English words, you divert and deflect with silly and pointless rubbish like paragraphs.

Btw, since paragraph is so important to your sanity, why is it so hard to copy and paste the so-called paragraph you are obsessed with right here?

Comedian... grin grin

1 Like

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by pargelenis(m): 7:38pm On Apr 23, 2022
olas24u:
Have you heard about Donetsk People’s Republic?
Donesk is close to the black sea, true or false? You can easily get to the east mediterran sea from donesk and west of Asia, suez, Indian ocean, south of Asia, southeast asia and close to the Black Sea. That implies a short trip to the Eastern Mediterranean, including many potential customers in West Asia. And crossing Suez and reaching the Indian Ocean, are customers all across South and Southeast Asia.it can connect rail road into Russia, to china and central Asia. So tell me what is left in Ukraine? As an African I expect your brains to be working on how we will free ourselves from Bretton woods chains. And all these will impact Africa.
Typical Putin Puppet … you ask a Putin Zombie a question and they will run away and instead ask another question in return.
When Putin’s illegal invasion of Ukraine started in January 24th, his goal was to take over Kyiv. Why did your darling Putin fail so miserably in that mission? Do not run away from this question like how Putin ran away from Kyiv grin grin grin
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by pargelenis(m): 7:45pm On Apr 23, 2022
muhammaduyusufu:

I like your sarcastic comment. after they finish defending Putin on here, they would soak their garri and groundnut and call it a night. grin
Ironically … many of the Putin Zombies in NairaLand will be the first to rush and pack their bags if they dash them UK, USA visa etc …
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Clazzone(m): 7:51pm On Apr 23, 2022
Puttin is an intelligent leader and he is very proactive.

Not that one in villa who is always unaware
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by olas24u(f): 8:35pm On Apr 23, 2022
pargelenis:

Typical Putin Puppet … you ask a Putin Zombie a question and they will run away and instead ask another question in return.
When Putin’s illegal invasion of Ukraine started in January 24th, his goal was to take over Kyiv. Why did your darling Putin fail so miserably in that mission? Do not run away from this question like how Putin ran away from Kyiv grin grin grin

I can use baifra to explain to you, the center of gravity, i hope you know the pipe lines of nord stream 1 passes through Russia? During biafra war the center of gravity was ihiala, the 3rdmarine commandos catapulted to a certain point Infront of enemy control, the biafrans at the back started to surrender without resistance, when they heard some places have fallen. Its a military tactic used in world war 2.now to your question, Putin wanted to negotiate, and when they went on the roundtable, they did not agree.
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by pargelenis(m): 9:10pm On Apr 23, 2022
olas24u:
I can use baifra to explain to you, the center of gravity, i hope you know the pipe lines of nord stream 1 passes through Russia? During biafra war the center of gravity was ihiala, the 3rdmarine commandos catapulted to a certain point Infront of enemy control, the biafrans at the back started to surrender without resistance, when they heard some places have fallen. Its a military tactic used in world war 2.now to your question, Putin wanted to negotiate, and when they went on the roundtable, they did not agree.
None of this explains why Putin FAILED to capture Kyiv. Why does this embarrass you so much? Putin Puppets in denial grin
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by olas24u(f): 9:46pm On Apr 23, 2022
pargelenis:
None of this explains why Putin FAILED to capture Kyiv. Why does this embarrass you so much? Putin Puppets in denial grin
So I have to now tell you about what as happened in Libya? Iraq? Afghanistan before you can understand, that it did not work there? Killing the president and putting a Puppet did not work in those countries and they are not going to be repeating the same. Well its weekend and will spend time with my husband now.take care
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by pargelenis(m): 9:52pm On Apr 23, 2022
olas24u:

So I have to now tell you about what as happened in Libya? Iraq? Afghanistan before you can understand, that it did not work there? Killing the president and putting a Puppet did not work in those countries and they are not going to be repeating the same. Well its weekend and will spend time with my husband now.take care
You seem to avoid answering something very simple … why did Putin fail to take over Kyiv? Is it embarrassing for you to admit it? Or do you fear Putin that much? You are not in Russia oh … nothing will happen to you if you just state the following fact: Putin FAILED to take over Kyiv.
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by ObamaMessi: 10:29pm On Apr 23, 2022
Havilarharvardi:
Your mama should have wasted you in the bin, you lack manners. I blame your papa who should have used condom, no wonder he is as useless as you.

Is that what your mother taught you?
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:57am On Apr 24, 2022
plaindealer:

You're so stuck on your Western masters poo hole, anything that comes out of there is honey to you.
They consider the business done when they pay gazprombank in dollars yet they're opening rubles accounts with the same bank they sanctioned. Use your brain for something na.
Don't let the westerners turn you to a full puppet
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Ejanla69: 1:22pm On Apr 24, 2022
PoliteActivist:

E catch your eye because Nairaland is full of dullards who can't read, including whoever wrote this heading.
EU WILL PAY IN DOLLARS AND EUROS not rubles.
It is written plainly right there.
Why can't you people read??!!
Always deceived by misleading headings!!!
na u be the dullard...if after reading the article you didn't notice the EU opening account wit Russian bank and depositing.. thereby Russian bank making a kill by helping them source rubles.. this kills 2 birds for Russia.. protect there money from sanctions and increasing the demand for rubles which improves thr economy...
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Ejanla69: 1:33pm On Apr 24, 2022
plaindealer:

No, they pay in Euros and Dollars and whatever the Russian bank does after that is their business, if they sleep better at night converting EU's Euros and Dollars payment into Rubbles, that's their problem.

It doesn't even matter where they open accounts, they are still paying in Euros and Dollars. PERIOD.

This is the Uk allowing payments till Next month when the ban kicks permanently.

These are temporary reprieves so I don't even see the big deal here, bottom line, UK and the EU are buying less Russian gas and crude, they are also aggressively developing other sources and suppliers, it's just a matter of tie before full energy embargo is slammed on Putin.

read the article again,, they are still seeking guarantee that thr payment will be effective once the payment has been made in Euro or Dollar... meanwhile Russia is yet to guarantee
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Jimasun: 1:56pm On Apr 24, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

You're so stuck on your Western masters poo hole, anything that comes out of there is honey to you.
They consider the business done when they pay gazprombank in dollars yet they're opening rubles accounts with the same bank they sanctioned. Use your brain for something na.
Don't let the westerners turn you to a full puppet
That guy is so ignorant and arrogant. People are opening ruble accounts and he is still insisting they are paying in Euros. They are probably opening ruble accounts for decoration. The guy mumu no be small
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by PoliteActivist: 3:59pm On Apr 24, 2022
Ejanla69:

na u be the dullard...if after reading the article you didn't notice the EU opening account wit Russian bank and depositing.. thereby Russian bank making a kill by helping them source rubles.. this kills 2 birds for Russia.. protect there money from sanctions and increasing the demand for rubles which improves thr economy...

U r not only a dullard but a pretentious one. You don't know the mechanics of it so stop pretending you do. All we know is that they WON'T pay in rubles and WON'T breach the sanctions - which were what Russia wanted. Stop being mumu, if Nigeria govt demands you pay in Naira to disobey sanctions, but u still pay in dollars, obeying the sanctions, does it matter what bank you pay into??
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 25, 2022
Jimasun:

That guy is so ignorant and arrogant. People are opening ruble accounts and he is still insisting they are paying in Euros. They are probably opening ruble accounts for decoration. The guy mumu no be small
Do you think he doesn’t know they backtracked the moment they agreed to open a ruble account in gazprombank? The essence of their argument is just talk. Ask him how they fund a Dorm account now, he doesn’t know you can fund your dorm account with your naira as a Nigerian and it will be credited in dollars at the CBN official rates, and this indirectly puts the dollar on demand. As is the case of ruble here. This they know, the talk is just to sap energy out of your guys still replying them out of frustrations. Most of them don’t argue to learn, they just argue to argue for the sake of arguing, no direction, no purpose, so long it is pro west and anti Russian. If after paying naira to fund your dorm account, you start shouting in the bank that “my business is done when I gave you naira meant for my dorm acc”, now that is what we call a circus. A case of trying to put up a bold face after eating your words and swallowing your own vomit. Europe should have stick to their guns, refuse to open ruble accounts, insist on paying in the previous gazprom accounts in European banks. They should have refused to continue buying than agree to open a ruble accounts. They should have used their collective demands to their advantage, let’s see how far they would have fared?
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 3:27pm On Apr 25, 2022
Ejanla69:

read the article again,, they are still seeking guarantee that thr payment will be effective once the payment has been made in Euro or Dollar... meanwhile Russia is yet to guarantee

What Russia guarantees or not is irrelevant, he's still not getting 1 kobo in rubble for his gas

That clown can not shut down supplies or carry out his threats because he's economically still alive because of the money he's getting from the EU, his largest customers . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Iran Seizes UAE Ship For Violating Its Waters & Killing Two Fishermen / Uganda: Bobi Wine's Supporter Kidnapped, Tortured & Dumped At Mortuary (Graphic) / Any Attack Will Lead To Disintegration Of ECOWAS - Guinea Backs Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.