Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,508 members, 7,968,375 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 06:12 AM

What I Would Ask Myself If I Were An Apc National Delegate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Would Ask Myself If I Were An Apc National Delegate (264 Views)

Anambra: Buhari Seem Weak And Nice, Sometimes I Ask Myself What Would Abacha Do / INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Wearing An APC Campaign Cap With Broom Design / Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Would Ask Myself If I Were An Apc National Delegate by hnm2023: 9:06pm On Apr 22, 2022
As the presidential primaries of the APC have been scheduled for the 30th to the 1st of June, there are a few questions which, if I were among the 7200 national delegates of the party, I would pause, think and ask myself before deciding on who to vote for.
First, I would ask myself: How would the decision I am about to make in the choice of a presidential candidate affect me in the long run and the chances of my party retaining the presidency?
What will it profit me to collect money today and lose bigger opportunities that will come with the victory of my party?
Doesn't the aspirant who offers me money to sell my vote see me as someone without conscience or someone whose conscience is too cheap to buy?
By my decision, have I justified or betrayed the trust and confidence reposed in me by the people of my community or state that have given me this rare opportunity of being a delegate?
Is it morally right for me to see the opportunity of being a delegate for self enrichment, or for the good of all, including the future of my children?
Haven't I mortgaged my conscience by selling my vote instead of being the courageous leader I am expected to be?
At the end of the day, will I look in retrospect and not feel guilty before God and man for having sold my conscience for a porridge of yam?
The presidential primary election leaves you, dear delegate, with two choices - the choice between contributing to the success of your party and befitting forever or contributing to its failure and living in perpetual regrets, the choice between voting your conscience or mortgaging it, and the choice between remaining politically relevant or retiring yourself ignominiously as a result of the loss of the presidency, caused by your action. .
Only the best is good enough for the party. Only the best candidate can guarantee the electoral victory of APC. Only the best choice will keep the APC in Aso Rock beyond 29th May, 2023. Any wrong choice will make APC swap places with PDP, God forbidding. Woe betide anyone whose actions or inactions will make APC the opposition party.
Yemi Osinbajo represents that choice. With him, APC is headed for the third consecutive victory. The choice is the delegates'.

1 Like

Re: What I Would Ask Myself If I Were An Apc National Delegate by simpleseyi: 9:10pm On Apr 22, 2022
Go and drink Ogogoro and sleep
Re: What I Would Ask Myself If I Were An Apc National Delegate by Mooh247: 9:11pm On Apr 22, 2022
You mean a Nigerian delegate would leave his house and fly to Abuja, pay for hotel, and head to eagle square Abuja to wait on line for a whole day in Abuja hot son and he or she wouldn't collect bribe

Then Nigeria has changed
Re: What I Would Ask Myself If I Were An Apc National Delegate by UTILITYMAY(m): 9:21pm On Apr 22, 2022
Unfortunately, the delegates are not reading this.
Re: What I Would Ask Myself If I Were An Apc National Delegate by Donshegxy10(m): 9:30pm On Apr 22, 2022
Many of this delegates will be relegated to the background, only few of them remain relevant after election, that is why they look for what they can gain at the moment.

This politicians usually have their team and croonies they planned to work with if they win.

Nigerian politics as at now is not about what you can do for the general good but my own personal interest and money.
Re: What I Would Ask Myself If I Were An Apc National Delegate by musiliyukayode(m): 10:44am On Apr 23, 2022
Nigeria politicians dont care about Nation building any longer but personal building.
If we can have delegate who think right the way you did,which means he is not a politician.

(1) (Reply)

Tell Us Now What Your Pastor/prophet Said About 2023 Election / 2023 Presidential Race: Fayemi To Declare Interest / How Education In Helping Gov. Oyetola In His Reecletion Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.