Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:06 AM

Resign If You Are A Man, Wike Dares Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resign If You Are A Man, Wike Dares Umahi (600 Views)

Expel Me, See If You Will Survive – Wike Dares PDP / PDP Crisis: Suspend Me And Take Whatever You See, Wike Dares Ayu / Governor Wike Dares IPOB Members To Harass Him Whenever He Travels To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resign If You Are A Man, Wike Dares Umahi by Kuginzi: 4:45am On Apr 23, 2022
Rivers Governor Nyesom Wike has attacked his Ebonyi counterpart, Dave Umahi again for defecting to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Wike advised the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to scrutinise its aspirants for 2023 election to avert the mistake of handing its tickets to persons who would later join another party.

The presidential aspirant urged PDP delegates to vote for him during the party’s convention because he lacks the propensity to defect with the party’s mandate to another party.

The Rivers Governor spoke while wooing PDP leaders and delegates in Abakaliki, capital of Ebonyi State on Friday, according to a statement by his Special Asssitant, Media, Kelvin Ebiri.

Wike expressed optimism that a day of reckoning awaited Umahi and those who defected from the PDP to the APC.

He said the PDP would continue to fight against injustice meted on it by the defectors to strengthen the country’s democracy.

He said: “My colleague David Umahi, wherever you are, wherever you may be, hear me very well. PDP had sleepless night, PDP won election, and you took the mandate of our people and go to another party.

"If you know you are a man and you are very strong, and any day they fix election you will win, I challenge you to resign as governor and contest election whether you will win again.”

On why he deserved the ticket, he said: “I have never left this party one day. When PDP was in problem, I stood firm and I said PDP will not die.

“Don’t give (presidential) ticket to the person who will run from the party tomorrow . I am the only person Nigerians know will not run from the party.”

The Governor urged Ebonyi delegates to support his presidential ambition because he was the only aspirant with the capacity to defeat the APC in the 2023 presidential election.

Wike reiterated that PDP could not afford another defeat in the 2023 general election and advised delegates to shun ethnoreligious sentiment and vote for him to pull Nigeria out from the brinks.

“What PDP wants now is who can win election. It is not about where you come from. What the party wants today is who can win election for PDP. Give me this ticket let me go and win APC for you”, he said.

Wike lamented the spate of killings across the country, declaring that if he emerged as the next president, he would decisively tackle insurgency, banditry and grow the national economy.

He assured as President, he would encourage women and youths active participation in politics.

“If I am the President of this country, I will not have less than seven women as minister. I will not have less than seven youths as ministers”, he said.

Enugu Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi commended PDP faithful for remaining steadfast despite the recent defection of some members of the party to the APC.

Former Gombe Governor Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo, told the delegates that Wike has the requisite experience to provide good governance.

He said: “Governor Nyesom Wike, is the person that is prepared for the job in terms of his training, in terms of his character, his courage, his commitment to the party and above all, his determination to work with all of you after he becomes the President of this country. He is strong, he has super energy.

“I have worked with a lot of people including presidents but I want to assure today, Governor Wike is one of the real very active and strong people I have worked with in recent times. He is very strong, he is very committed and he is very determined.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/resign-if-you-are-a-man-wike-dares-umahi/amp/

Re: Resign If You Are A Man, Wike Dares Umahi by Moferere: 5:44am On Apr 23, 2022
Is this truth or dare?
This Wike sef
Re: Resign If You Are A Man, Wike Dares Umahi by Jostoman: 5:44am On Apr 23, 2022
WIKE my man, All Nigerians know that you are more than ready and capable to rule Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Resign If You Are A Man, Wike Dares Umahi by Jostoman: 5:51am On Apr 23, 2022
Umahi, ebonyi people struggle to give PDP their mandate but all could do to repay them back is to carry the mandate to go and dash APC free of charge. Umahi why don't you defect to APC before 2019 Election instead of allowing ebonyi people's struggle for PDP to go in vain.
Re: Resign If You Are A Man, Wike Dares Umahi by PointZerom: 6:09am On Apr 23, 2022
Jostoman:
Umahi, ebonyi people struggle to give PDP their mandate but all could do to repay them back is to carry the mandate to go and dash APC free of charge. Umahi why don't you defect to APC before 2019 Election instead of allowing ebonyi people's struggle for PDP to go in vain.

He thought that APC will give him their ticket not knowing that APC is not that foolish to give their ticket t a Judas that cannot be trusted.

2 Likes

Re: Resign If You Are A Man, Wike Dares Umahi by tesppidd: 6:40am On Apr 23, 2022
This Wike sef is a very erratic personality...

Resign ke!

In 2015 when the tribunal and appeal court sacked him for manipulating the 2015 governorship election, did he not exercise his fundamental human right to fight it till the Supreme court??
Wike even told us that during his Supreme Court case, Peter Odili was calling him in the mid night to tell him, "do this, do that?"

Now he wants Umahi to resign just like that?
Re: Resign If You Are A Man, Wike Dares Umahi by tesppidd: 6:50am On Apr 23, 2022
Even during Amaechi's tenure Wike fought vehemently against State police but today Wike wants state police.
grin

What a person!
Re: Resign If You Are A Man, Wike Dares Umahi by Gkemz: 6:54am On Apr 23, 2022
Wike always daring. Meanwhile Dave is a pussy ass nigga.
Re: Resign If You Are A Man, Wike Dares Umahi by seanfer(m): 7:02am On Apr 23, 2022
Wike is the most confused of all Presidential aspirants.
He expressed his fundamental right during his court case as local government chairman in 1999 and in 2015 in the courts. But here he is telling someone to resign and not fight his case in court.
Re: Resign If You Are A Man, Wike Dares Umahi by triple996(m): 7:06am On Apr 23, 2022
Nasoo cool
Deal with ipob and take control of ur house
Re: Resign If You Are A Man, Wike Dares Umahi by 1870ev: 7:38am On Apr 23, 2022
[s]
triple996:
Nasoo cool
Deal with ipob and take control of ur house
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Tribalism: A Tribalist Is Not Well Educated / APC Presidential Primary: Osinbajo In Kebbi, To Meet APC Delegates / Which Presidential Aspirant Has The Best Handlers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.