Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,940 members, 7,936,018 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 09:24 PM

Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! (19240 Views)

Neflix Will Charge From You If You Share Your Password / Download Latest Mark Angel Comedy Video – The Password [episode 132] / Top Best Tv-series In Netflix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by pseudonomer: 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2022
Netflix will lose more subscribers with this. The only reason I’m still a subscriber is because many people depend on me to watch Netflix. I don’t even watch Netflix with the overrated useless shows, and they keep increasing the fees.

And also, what do they expect after the lockdown?

4 Likes

Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by bluefilm: 3:51pm On Apr 23, 2022
sundaygray:
Go woke go broke.

Exactly.
Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by TheManOfTheYear: 3:53pm On Apr 23, 2022
Instead of them to improve their content, they are chasing shadows

3 Likes

Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by kechywillz(m): 3:54pm On Apr 23, 2022
The only time I watch anything Netflix is when rated movies are released,I can't just go waste time on Netflix that glorifies homosexuality

2 Likes

Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by Coldie(m): 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2022
It’s very easy to stop it. Use the model the ufc uses, if u are streaming a fight with the ufc app that u subscribed for, someone else can’t stream unless urs is turned off.
So if u are sharing your password know u might not be able to use it if the other person is using it

3 Likes

Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by jaxxy(m): 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2022
Not the solution.
Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by organicfoods(m): 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2022
A
Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by SocialJustice: 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2022
Is it not stupid that they delayed doing this.
Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by grandstar(m): 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2022
Charging for "sharing" model if it works will just help them temporary. They would still at one point reach saturation again. There's hot competition on their tail.

They new a new revenue stream. What it will be is hard to tell. They should brainstorm.
Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 23, 2022
Netflix is drunk, the main problem is content! Disney+, Paramount+, Hulu! Disney + especially owns almost all interesting movies you’ve ever watched and they are available. Netflix is very low on contents except for the few successful movies like Squid game and Money Heist there is almost nothing to watch there. So you want to charge additional? You kill the company even more.

5 Likes

Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by NofiuFade(m): 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2022
We are #CancelingNetflixIndefinitely until they restored all will Smith project back to the platform!
Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by Iamnorth: 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2022
Na their wahala,we have more apps on the block now! Netflix is overated!
Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by Danmboss(m): 4:32pm On Apr 23, 2022
NwaNimo1:
....then we hack in direct.

[img]https:///media/4-02-2022/WHvSd9.gif[/img]
cheesy cheesy grin cool them forget say con3 wey e name na Nigeria de exist abi?
Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by Agbebakun22: 4:34pm On Apr 23, 2022
Juniorkossy:
Successful people make a lot of sacrifice. Don't envy a successful man without the back-up plan to do what he did to be successful.

You can get your dream job/scholarship today if only you will take the right step and prepare adequately.

A CV introduces you even before you are met. You are your CV!!!

Let's help you get that professional introduction (CV) you need to "wow" your potential employer.

Contact us and we'll make you a top-notch CV with over 15 different CV templates to select from.

Shalom!!
do u write a good purpose of statement too.
Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by Olam09(m): 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2022
GreenAgain:
Future of Netflix looks grim as company value drops.
Netflix shares plunged this week after the platform reported its first subscriber loss in more than a decade. One factor the company pointed to as hurting revenue: widespread password sharing.

Does this mean the streamer is about to kick millions of viewers off shared accounts? Not quite. But it could mean that Netflix subscribers around the world may have to pony up to keep their kids, friends or colleagues on their accounts.
For years, Netflix (NFLX) has allowed subscribers to share their passwords with little interference. In fact, the service admitted in its letter to investors Tuesday that the policy likely helped fuel its growth by "getting more people using and enjoying Netflix."
Yet that growth has severely stalled, and Netflix said Tuesday that it's now looking into how "best to monetize sharing." The company noted that of its 222 million paying households around the world, it estimates that "Netflix is being shared with over 100 million additional households."
Is this the end of Netflix password sharing?
So what does that mean for your account? It's unclear since Netflix is in the early stages of figuring how to make more money from account sharing.
Last month the company said that it has been working for a year on ways to "enable members who share outside their household to do so easily and securely, while also paying a bit more." Translation: you're going to have to pay for those extra folks on your account.
The company has rolled out two test features in three overseas markets called "Extra Member" and "Profile Transfer." The costs vary based on a number of factors, but Netflix said the features can be added for "a fraction of the price of a Basic Plan."
With "Extra Member," subscribers to Netflix's standard and premium plans can add an account for up to two people who don't live with them.
Netflix's world has been turned upside down as stock plunges 35%
Netflix's world has been turned upside down as stock plunges 35%
These "extra" members will have full access to the main Netflix account, and have their own profiles and login. Extra memberships won't be counted in Netflix's overall paid subscriber figures.
So if you have someone on your Netflix account who doesn't live in your household — a kid away at college, a friend, a distant cousin, whatever — you'll be paying extra for their access.
The "Profile Transfer" option lets subscribers at any price tier transfer their profile information — namely their viewing history — to a new paid account.
Both features are currently being tested in Chile, Costa Rica and Peru. Netflix typically tests new features in smaller markets before rolling them out on a larger scale, and at this point it's unclear if "Extra Member" or "Profile Transfer" will become a bigger offering or be scrapped.
However, with the company's stock plummeting and investors questioning its future growth potential, it's a good bet that these or similar options could be implemented sooner rather than later.
As goes Netflix, so goes streaming
"We've always tried to make sharing within a member's household easy, with features like profiles and multiple streams. While these have been very popular, they've created confusion about when and how Netflix can be shared with other households," the company said Tuesday. "While we won't be able to monetize all of it right now, we believe it's a large short- to mid-term opportunity."
Then again, making customers pay for the privilege of sharing their accounts could backfire. Netflix already raised its prices earlier this year; additional costs could alienate its base.
The company is still in the early days of working out how to monetize password-sharing, and if Netflix clamps down on the practice other services are likely to follow its lead. As the bellwether of the streaming world, Netflix's decision could have industry-wide ramifications.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/04/22/media/netflix-passwords-sharing/index.html

grin i get the hacked version self Netflix premium.
Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by tellsblinks(m): 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2022
Lol
Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by sizer07: 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2022
Biko which sites one can download current movies now.i no self?
Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by Asianjollof007: 4:56pm On Apr 23, 2022
Na who get time for movie sef, netnaija and xender dey there incase i need to watch any.
Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by lexander(m): 5:11pm On Apr 23, 2022
sundaygray:
They lost over 200, 000 subscribers after dem share this news. You increase subscription cost and you wan prevent people from sharing passwords. Other streaming services are cheaper. Plus all the woke sh!t they keep forcing down people’s throat. Go woke go broke. Hehehe
woke ? then you have no idea what disney has planned.
Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by Bignuell(m): 5:14pm On Apr 23, 2022
Netflix shares is tanking and they're talking about clamping. Issokay
Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by duality(m): 5:25pm On Apr 23, 2022
After the gay Jesus issue, they were gonna go down

4 Likes

Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by Federalis: 5:47pm On Apr 23, 2022
Hulu is way better with more content.
Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by Premiumwriter: 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2022
Dalil8:
Netflix is thrash. More than half of the tv shows there are about single mothers and daughters. And they wonder why they lost 200k subscribers.

The woke mind virus is making Netflix unwatchable ~ Elon Musk
thank God I'm not the only one noticing this.

Each time I see the N logo, I feel I'm about to watch gays and Lesbian laden movie as well strong woman.

I feel more disappointed with them.

Amazon prime have the best TV shows ever. I mean any show from them is usually top notch.

But they don't complete them fast.

1 Like

Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by sundaygray(m): 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2022
lexander:
woke ? then you have no idea what disney has planned.

I know all about disney my brother. Yesterday the Gov. of Florida signed a new bill to stop disney from governing itself independently. Disney now has to pay taxes and obey all state laws accordingly. Go woke go broke my brother. It works most of the time. Don’t get me started on CNN plus when shut down yeaterday too. Hehehe
Re: Netflix May Clamp Down On Password Soon: Here's What That Means! by ken045501: 6:28pm On Apr 23, 2022
Una lose 200k subscribers, una go lose 500k soon just watch as e go play

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBNaija: Niger-Delta Militants Are Supporting Marvis To Win - Facebook User Says / #bbnaija: Bambam Wins Head Of House / Download Nollywood Season Movie: Sound Of Ikoro Part 1- 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.