Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,830 members, 7,945,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 10:59 PM

Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? (882 Views)

When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? / Why Did Jesus Die? / If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by tctrills: 1:22pm On Apr 24, 2022
Steep:
Abraham lived before the coming of christ, same with Abel, Noah etc yet they were saved. How? Through faith in the unseen God.
It is the father that draws people to christ, irrespective of satus and time.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

All those whom the Father draws to christ believes on Jesus and are saved just like Abraham who didn't know chtist in the flesh yet He believe the gospel; God himself preached to Abraham the gospel.
I love your answer. This means even those before Christ would be saved if the believed in him?
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by cornelboy(f): 2:10pm On Apr 24, 2022
tctrills:
What is the fate of those that lived before the coming of Christ? Would they be saved by his blood?
No
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by FatherOfJesus: 2:19pm On Apr 24, 2022
Jokerman:
Everyone that ever walked on the planet... the blood if Jesus has set free
The way you people say this with all certainty is funny.
I know you will become insecure if I ask you to provide evidence for this
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by tctrills: 2:22pm On Apr 24, 2022
cornelboy:

No
So you don't believe Christ died for the sins of the whole world?
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by cornelboy(f): 2:57pm On Apr 24, 2022
tctrills:

So you don't believe Christ died for the sins of the whole world?
What do you mean?
John 3:16
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by tctrills: 2:58pm On Apr 24, 2022
cornelboy:

What do you mean?
But you seem to be saying that his sacrifice cant save those that lived before him. Meaning he did not die for the whole world.
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by cornelboy(f): 3:15pm On Apr 24, 2022
tctrills:
But you seem to be saying that his sacrifice cant save those that lived before him. Meaning he did not die for the whole world.

[16]“For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

John 17:3
[3]And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth.

Christ sacrifice can't work for them when they are dead.
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by tctrills: 3:29pm On Apr 24, 2022
cornelboy:

[16]“For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

John 17:3
[3]And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth.

Christ sacrifice can't work for them when they are dead.
So he came to save give or take half the world and the rest of God's children are beyond his saving? You really believe that God could not save half of his children?
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by Steep(m): 7:13pm On Apr 24, 2022
tctrills:

I love your answer. This means even those before Christ would be saved if the believed in him?
yeap
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by cornelboy(f): 1:35am On Apr 25, 2022
tctrills:

So he came to save give or take half the world and the rest of God's children are beyond his saving? You really believe that God could not save half of his children?

Lol.
Even some people who lived during Christ time on earth and after his ascension till now won't be saved if they don't believe.

So Christ sacrifice can't work for them when they dead. The conditions is clear na.

You think everyone is God's children? Both the wicked and righteous cheesy ?
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by tctrills: 8:43am On Apr 25, 2022
Lol.
Even some people who lived during Christ time on earth and after his ascension till now won't be saved if they don't believe.

We all get that you can't be saved if you don't want to be saved but salvation is available for all God's creatures.

So Christ sacrifice can't work for them when they dead. The conditions is clear na.
You point is that God created a large portion of his children without any plan for their salvation and yet you say God so loved the world. The 2 cant be true. You believe that the salvation of God is only extended to a select group of people and the rest be damned.

You think everyone is God's children? Both the wicked and righteous
Remember, Jesus did not come for the righteous but for the sinners. He came to save the lost sheep. Remember the parable of the prodigal son. He give the sinner a chance to repent. Remember Paul.
Its not what I think, its what the scriptures teach.
Deuteronomy 14

1Ye are the children of the Lord your God: ye shall not cut yourselves, nor make any baldness between your eyes for the dead.
Psalm 82.6
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
Malachi 2.10
Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?
These are scriptures from before the birth of Christ. I guess you don't believe the scriptures.
Acts 17.29
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
2Peter 3.9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

It is not the will of God that any human should perish and he is both willing and able to save anyone who chooses his grace

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dear God... / This Bible Verse Is Confusing Put Me Through / My Religion And My Beliefs: You Are Free To Question And Critically Analyze Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.