Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,879 members, 7,899,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 08:19 AM

Easter: National Association Of Seadogs Donates To Charles Walker Children Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Easter: National Association Of Seadogs Donates To Charles Walker Children Home (541 Views)

National Association Of Seadogs Sets The Records Straight* / I Made You CBN Governor - Andy Uba To Charles Soludo / Association Of Seadogs Protests Against CCT Chairman, Demands His Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easter: National Association Of Seadogs Donates To Charles Walker Children Home by Browndiary(m): 11:42pm On Apr 23, 2022
By Abasifreke Obot

Giving material and financial support to orphanage homes and institutions has become a deep-seated and habitual characteristic of the National Association of Seadogs(NAS).

The latest unparalleled gesture of love coming from the Uyo and Eket Chapters of NAS is the donation of food items and toiletries, bags of clothes and two hundred thousand naira (N200,000) to Charles Walker Children's Home, Uyo, on Monday, April 18, 2022. The food items and toiletries included: A full bag of Garri, a bag of rice, cartons of noodles, cartons of snacks, cartons of washing and bathing soaps, tubes of toothpaste, packs of tissue paper, etc.

The National Association of Seadogs, also known as Pyrates Confraternity, founded in 1952 and also registered with the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Internal Affairs, is a body committed to supporting human rights and justice in Nigeria.

Speaking at the children's home, the President of NAS, Uyo Chapter and former Chairman of Uruan Local Government Area, Hon. Tony Akan explained that the show of love by the confraternity was part of their deliberate and selfless efforts to ensure the children enjoy a quality life as well as assist the home to cater well for the children.

Akan, who was also accompanied by the President of NAS, Eket Chapter, Paul Ike informed of the body's interest in the welfare of the children and the progress of the home.

Akan described the confraternity as advocacy and humanitarian group, disclosing that it has its tentacles in all the States in Nigeria, the United States, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, South Africa, the Netherlands, Japan, Australia, and Canada.

Responding, the Coordinator of the Home, Reverend Sister Matilda Inyang thanked NAS for the material and cash gifts. She further commended the body for its consistency in delivering humanitarian services.

She urged members of the body to support each other, emphasizing that with unity amongst them, they will be able to achieve their goals.

The body, which later touched down at the Uyo Correctional Centre, was received by the Assistant Controller of Corrections, Uyo, Ogueri Julius Ebereonwu.

Disclosing the purpose of their visit, Barr Mfon Etukudoh of NAS, Eket Chapter, informed the Assistant Controller of Corrections that the body was at the centre to donate bags of clothes to the inmates, which he described as one of the necessities of the inmates.

He noted that the body had thought it needful to take it upon itself to provide the inmates with clothes.

Reacting, Ebereonwu lauded the Uyo and Eket Chapter of the Pyrates Confraternity for being thoughtful of the needs of the inmates.

While acknowledging the impressive humanitarian strides recorded by NAS, he solicited more support for the inmates.

The clothes donated to the inmates were received by the Welfare Officer of Uyo Corrections, Uyo, Ime Ukpe, on behalf of the correctional centre.

Ukpe pledged that the clothes will be shared and used justly amongst the inmates.

Re: Easter: National Association Of Seadogs Donates To Charles Walker Children Home by Kwakwa7: 11:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
See them dirty cultist …..

1 Like

Re: Easter: National Association Of Seadogs Donates To Charles Walker Children Home by Asgard73: 11:51pm On Apr 23, 2022
Bingos cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easter: National Association Of Seadogs Donates To Charles Walker Children Home by Rastaramsey(m): 12:08am On Apr 24, 2022
Those morons abusing them enh....

What have eiye and aiye contributed to the society
Only nonsense killings and unnecessary violence...

2 Likes

Re: Easter: National Association Of Seadogs Donates To Charles Walker Children Home by yanabasee(m): 1:37am On Apr 24, 2022
Why don't I like people who parade around with black and white? Especially those charge and bail lawyers.... Always looking hungry with fat face.....
Re: Easter: National Association Of Seadogs Donates To Charles Walker Children Home by Amos1423(m): 2:06am On Apr 24, 2022
Till date I still find blacks parading themselves as Klans men when the whole purpose of the ku klux klan is to erase the black man from the face of the earth if they could. This is black men being evil to black, just thought I should teh you!

1 Like

Re: Easter: National Association Of Seadogs Donates To Charles Walker Children Home by PerkyJay: 7:58am On Apr 24, 2022
For Humanistic ideal

Intelligent people's club. Kudos to NAS...
Re: Easter: National Association Of Seadogs Donates To Charles Walker Children Home by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 24, 2022
Amos1423:
Till date I still find blacks parading themselves as Klans men when the whole purpose of the ku klux klan is to erase the black man from the face of the earth if they could. This is black men being evil to black, just thought I should teh you!
Bruh I have argued this with one cretin before he’s a klans man. They don’t know their story just some bunch of fools

1 Like

Re: Easter: National Association Of Seadogs Donates To Charles Walker Children Home by Minime10(m): 9:28pm On Apr 24, 2022
Imagined cultists in a brazen display of their unanny idiosy grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Deborah Samuel: Muslim Youths Attack Sultan’s Palace, Demand Release Of Student’ / VIDEO: Tinubu Faces APC Presidential Panel / I'm The BEST To Be Nigeria President, I Eat ‘garri’ Three Times A Day-amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.