Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,406 members, 7,901,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:13 AM

I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting (38411 Views)

Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' / Nigerian Man Loses 6M Naira To Betting After Germany Loss. / If You Are New To Betting And Keep Losing Let's Meet Here . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by bluefilm: 3:20pm On Apr 24, 2022
kuonbe:
Just Friday and Saturday I lost 100plus all my savings to bettings,
Am bleeding and looking at my 2yers old plus boy now if not for him I know what to do now.
Av read and read many talking about betting is not good and I know. But av fall victim in just two days I lost all. Money am saving for house rent all gone. If I cant make it. Am leaving this miserable life all gone. 32 years am nothing wat am I waiting for

I told you not to bet on Manchester United but you refused.

Now, see where you are now?

Anyway sha, you can recover by betting on Barcelona and Liverpool straight win today.

Hurry up. Don't miss the opportunity. The game is about to start.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Slurity(m): 3:21pm On Apr 24, 2022
kuonbe:
Am bleeding and looking at my 2yers old plus boy now if not for him I know what to do now.
Av read and read many talking about betting is not good and I know. But av fall victim in just two days I lost all. Money am saving for house rent all gone. If I cant make it. Am leaving this miserable life all gone. 32 years am nothing wat am I waiting for
Let me lend you the trick that works for me and make quit from the evil bondage. Don't give up on yourself, don't commit suicide pls. Your case can not be worse than mine. I worked for six years and has nothing to show for the labour just because of betting but I thank God I now have two plots of land in lagos-ogun bother town and also save enough to start any business of my choice in case lost of job happens with the private sector that i work with. This is the secret of my deliverance. I have to conclude that betting is only to destroy my life and can never help me. NEVER. I THEN CHENGE MY FOCUS ON MY SALARY AS MY DAILY WINNING THAT CAN NOT BE LOST. SELF DETERMINATION ALONE IS YOUR SOLUTION.

8 Likes

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Enny2013(f): 3:23pm On Apr 24, 2022
Metrofox:

Shit up Mr Man , is your own life perfect? .. Nigerians and virtue signaling. If you can't improve a problem don't try to make it worse. Nobody cares if you don't gamble and are holy as the pope. You can start your own thread about your pious lifestyle.
But,he wasn't referring to u nau! Ar u d op? Y all dese attacks?

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by alarm4: 3:25pm On Apr 24, 2022
Every house hold u reach na betting
Well Opp I no blame you ......u did not steal/ you did not carry gun and you did not join Yahoo Yahoo and also you not do ritual
Guy na bett games you play just to double money ....
I was also into baba-ijebu-perm 2 and visual game bet ....but it ruin me dried ...but latter I gain sense .....left it till date ...
But am still wondering how did left such ...I think is maturity and set rule

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by OneKinGuy(m): 3:25pm On Apr 24, 2022
borrow from your friends and family and stake correct 2 odds, I promise you'll might win.
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by shilenji(m): 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2022
One cold trovvy for you. Boss you saud it all. Asides from that people only see football games or live games as a way of making money,there are a lot of options to choose from the betsite.
Mooh247:
cool

Use the pain you feel now as inspiration to quit gambling ... Gambling is horrible, it would ruin you

Gambling is placing your money on possible outcome based on guessing , sentiment and emotions

Sport Betting is analysing team fitness, using last five games played , position on the table, Goal difference, Head to Head encounters , team news to make better informed decisions, similar to stocks market and forex

The fastest way to cure addiction is to replace the negative habit with a positive one... You can replace Gambling with stock and forex analysis or crypto currency speculation... It offers the same thrill and fun and you can actually demo trade with fake currency

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by mirinder: 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2022
securitywatch50:
Betting, clubbing and patronizing prostitute are three in one addiction that will render one useless.
So Op take heart for the sake of your two years old boy.
but one musician said if not for prostitutes, most men would suffer of loneliness
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by coolfredo(m): 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2022
kuonbe:
An apartments will solve my problems
I will stay with my family
Start going to church
Nothing will make me bet. I don't bet before
I promised my wife this month ending to up the money for the apartment. Pls I need help
. Help kee
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by GentleKingdom: 3:29pm On Apr 24, 2022
I quit
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Laeroy(f): 3:29pm On Apr 24, 2022
Starzo:

cuz he does not have pussy to trade for urgent 2k with

Na naija men the feel the burden of the economy. The women nor know wetin life dey talk

If uve ever heard of cryptocurrency trading, u go know say, if u take ur crypto class serious, u go always get something to chop.....

The 50k wey I go blow , na my profit from crypto with 2 million naira balance.....

If u no get sense, at least ask other people with sense to show u the way.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Bamzyriches451: 3:31pm On Apr 24, 2022
Damn!
People dey take risk sha
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Snowx: 3:31pm On Apr 24, 2022
Sorry bro...but life goes on..
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by AleleOgor(m): 3:32pm On Apr 24, 2022
You're very greedy.
kuonbe:
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by davosea(m): 3:32pm On Apr 24, 2022
Say no to alabi
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by AbujaCitiBlog: 3:33pm On Apr 24, 2022
kuonbe:
You lost because you are betting virtual.

Bet normal football and see your profit grow.
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Billionairebarb(m): 3:36pm On Apr 24, 2022
Until you begin linking more pain to betting addiction and much pleasure to living in comfortable apartment, then you won't break out from this habit. You have attached so much pleasure to betting that's why you still go back again and again. Train your mind to always think of the negative aspect of betting, for a month you begin to detest betting. I have broken addictions and bad habits using this neurological conditioning.
And for the thought of suicide you are nursing in mind I wouldn't ask you not to go ahead; but is better to regret while alive than in the grave.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by trippleKAY(m): 3:38pm On Apr 24, 2022
ibechris:
I pity a lot of women who are married to gamblers.

How i wish they can summon courage to leave such men and continue their lives independently.

How can a married man be gambling away the future of his family just like that.
gambling and doing drugs which one is worse?

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by redcliff: 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2022
kuonbe:

leave o, we do not need people like you here that cannot take responsibility for their actions and face it head strong. This world has been having too many weak people like you. if na reverse psychology you wan use so that men go contribute for you, you are on your own.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by ibechris(m): 3:46pm On Apr 24, 2022
trippleKAY:
gambling and doing drugs which one is worse?

Doing hard drug is hard to control but gambling is harder and the mother of all vices especially if u are married.

The reason why gamblers are irredeemable is because u wouldn't know what they are doing because they all appear as if nothing is happening but a drug addict, can be easily spotted and rehabilitated forthwith.

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by DaveHarry(m): 3:48pm On Apr 24, 2022
Since 2009(when I started betting) till yesterday (when I decided to quit betting), I've lost over a total sum of 7-10million(so because I don't want to exaggerate tins) naira. Back in 2013, I lose my nairabet and merrybet shops because of betting. Only this season, me and God nai know how much I don lose. So you see....just take heart n console yourself.

Quit sports betting today!

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by TVTKOKO(m): 3:50pm On Apr 24, 2022
I really don't blame those who gamble. I was once a bet addict because i have no strong means of income, and I'll always wish my next bet would be my breakthrough.
I eventually got my breakthrough, but it wasn't from betting.
I still bet once in a while tho, but it's just for the fun of it and I always stake what i can afford to lose.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by redcliff: 3:50pm On Apr 24, 2022
Kajaard:

Where we the ones that advised you to use your house rent money to gamble? Betting is nothing but gambling. You have a son and an unpaid house rent and you still had the effontery to gamble away your savings.

What exactly do you want us to do for you now? You are even threatening to take your life, how childish. Man up and carry your cross.

the guy is trying to be smart, it could have happened, it could have not, but we are definitely sure of is that he was lucky that his post was pushed on front page and its going to be an avenue for him to exploit the gullibility of Nigerians to try to raise some money for him. This is the same format Buhari and the rest of other politicians came to us with and we fell for their trap and 8years people are worse off than they were even with an administration everyone claimed to be the worst in the country's history at the time. If he wants to die, let him go and die. this country needs to cleanse off people like him away from the scene.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Fadafada231(m): 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2022
Johnnycastro18:
Mehnnnn betting have really caused alot of wahala for this country oh, my friend way him family members pity him life and contributed money to open a POS business for him and funded his account with thousands of naira to begin work.. my guy go use all the POS money stake for bet9JA, the ticket cut all grin grin, as I am typing this writeup this my nigga don run leave house, him family members the look for him for everywere now sad sad

Hahahaha E choke, I know a guy who his father sent his school fees for him to pay. The guy squandered all in bet. Now he can't even write the ongoing exam but kept lying to his Dad that they are taking their exam. I know another one again that dropped out of school but to go home is problem because he use all the money his ppl gave him to bet. He is wandering and loitering around the school premises since four months now. His ppl still believe he is in school but Don't know guy man don drop out tey tey..

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by BIDOO(m): 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2022
Enny2013:

Dnt mind him. Nairaland has turned to deir begging forum. Everyone comes to Nairaland to seek sympathies. Dnt dey hv family members?
Let him kill himself if he wants.
And you think the family are not doing well enough? Did you read the part where he mentioned his wife and the baby staying with his mother?
The financial strength of his immediate family is weak hence he decided to get a decent place for his self-made family by operating as a mini-bus driver! But along the line, garri pass water.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by pushy8: 3:54pm On Apr 24, 2022
So sad. What worries me the most is that most comedians are using their platforms to advertise for betting platforms, encouraging their followers, including children that listens to them, to use their promo code and register. They don't have any form of warning on the dangers of betting or inform them about the age requirement. They just make it sound like it's a winning formula. And NBC and advertising regulatory bodies are just watching.. we are sitting on a keg of Russian explosives

4 Likes

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by pushy8: 3:54pm On Apr 24, 2022
So sad. What worries me the most is that most comedians are using their platforms to advertise for betting platforms, encouraging their followers, including children that listens to them, to use their promo code and register. They don't have any form of warning on the dangers of betting or inform them about the age requirement. They just make it sound like it's a winning formula. And NBC and advertising regulatory bodies are just watching.. we are sitting on a keg of Russian explosives

4 Likes

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Felabrity: 3:55pm On Apr 24, 2022
I hate reading stories like this

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by seagulsntrawler: 3:56pm On Apr 24, 2022
Someone once said, "betting is a tax on fools." The reality is that nobody can make a living from betting. Some do it for the fun and thrills, and are willing to part away with money they can afford to loose. My advice is for you is to put yourself together, go back to work and give your family a decent life. Crucially, stay away from gambling an betting!

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by DaveHarry(m): 3:57pm On Apr 24, 2022
AbujaCitiBlog:

You lost because you are betting virtual.

Bet normal football and see your profit grow.
What about me who doesn't bet virtual, but only normal football games. Let me tell you dis today: " betting is a scam. MMM dey learn for negativity compared to wetin betting don do to Nigerians.
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Victor413802: 3:57pm On Apr 24, 2022
Bet is devilish, most times I have this mindset that giving up is for the weak.
But I found out that it's not for bet, the more you persevere the more you lost.
Bet isn't 100% sure, because small teams still defeats big teams.
My advice for you is to run very very far away from bet because it will drain you, I know what I suffered from bet I drained my account just because of bet it's like a spirit it will keep pushing you to try and the moment you try you're in the trap again. Run very far away from betting, those bet officials are evil. They don't want to loose at all, I feel they're doing black magic. RUN OO PLEASE.

4 Likes

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Jmichael1(m): 3:59pm On Apr 24, 2022
And my neibour jst won 5.5M yesterday.. all tnx to benfica,west brom,spur and 2 other other games.. 5 draws all came...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Gernot Rohr Demotes Goalkeeper Uzoho & Others To U-23 Team (See List) / Alex Iwobi All Guccified In New Photo / RR Cullinan,The Luxury SUV Every Car-Loving Footballers Are Queuing Up To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.