Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,134 members, 7,977,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 12:56 AM

Worshipping Images—what Does The Bible Say? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Worshipping Images—what Does The Bible Say? (279 Views)

Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda / Where Are You Worshipping At Today? / What Made You Fall In Love With The Church You're Worshipping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Worshipping Images—what Does The Bible Say? by biggy081: 11:30am On Apr 24, 2022
What do you think? Is it appropriate to pray before images or to use them in worship? Consider the following Bible verses:

“You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth. You must not bow down to them nor be enticed to serve them, for I, Jehovah your God, am a God who requires exclusive devotion.”—Exodus 20:4, 5. *

“Their idols are silver and gold, the work of human hands. A mouth they have, but they cannot speak; eyes, but they cannot see; ears they have, but they cannot hear; a nose, but they cannot smell; hands they have, but they cannot feel; feet, but they cannot walk; they make no sound with their throat. The people who make them will become just like them, as will all those who trust in them.”—Psalm 115:4-8.

“I am Jehovah. That is my name; I do not share my glory with anyone else, nor my praise to graven images.”—Isaiah 42:8, footnote.

“Flee from idolatry.”—1 Corinthians 10:14.

“Guard yourselves from idols.”—1 John 5:21

Re: Worshipping Images—what Does The Bible Say? by NoahHadNoArk: 1:41pm On Apr 24, 2022
I am Catholic, baptised in 2008 after leaving the Salivation Army. I love the Catholic church and will stay here my dying breath. Having said that, bowing and praying to statues and sculpture is the one part of their teachings and doctrines I will never allow to sink in and can never be a part of. It is totally wrong, adopted from the Pagans whom they tried to convert over, read history. In the 10commandments God spelt it out clear, no worshipping of anything carved of the likeness of anything in heavens or earth. No matter how you try to twist is as a catholic, you will never justify or make sense of why u will kneel, bow, genuflect or pray to pictures, or statues made of concrete, Gold, or wood. The deceit and lies has been told for plenty years now, enslaving many. Undoing the damage is close to impossible. But again, salvation is a personal race. Do to yourself what u feel is the best. As for me and myself, I won't even genuflect at the exposed blessed sacrament and that is me speaking my mind.

Thank you very much

(1) (Reply)

Awhum Monastery,cave And Waterfall / Music Brought To Earth By An Angel. / Yaldabaoth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.