Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,095 members, 7,880,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:56 PM

Highest-Paid NFL Centre Leaves NFL Career To Follow God's Purpose - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Highest-Paid NFL Centre Leaves NFL Career To Follow God's Purpose (199 Views)

To Those Who Don't Follow GOD Properly (I Mean Those Of False Religions) / Priest Patrick Asomugha Leaves German Church After Receiving Death Threat / When We Follow God's Commands Is His Will Automatically Done In Our Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Highest-Paid NFL Centre Leaves NFL Career To Follow God's Purpose by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2022
HIGHEST-PAID NFL CENTRE LEAVES NFL CAREER TO FOLLOW GOD'S PURPOSE
written by Christel Berns April 22, 2022

Former NFL player Jason Brown who made history as the highest-paid NFL center, left his NFL career to follow God’s purposes for his life.

Successful NFL Career

Jason Brown was at the peak of his career as an NFL player “after signing a $37.5 million dollar contract.” Fame, money, and success surrounded his life. One could say he was living his best life with the luxury lifestyle his sport rewarded him. However, being at the top made him realize none of all the riches and privileges he had could satisfy him. He still felt lonely.

What Jesus said in Matthew 16:26, “What will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?” became so real to the NFL star. He realized only God could satisfy all the longings in his heart. And no amount of success nor riches could fill the void.

Turning Point

Everything changed for Jason on his 27th birthday. It was when he remembered his deceased brother, who sacrificed his life during an operation in Iraq in 2003. Suddenly his eyes were opened, and he made a difficult decision.

"I wasn't happy about what I saw in the mirror," he recalled. "Because 27 was the same age that Lunsford (his brother) was slain in service. I began to measure up my life and everything I had accomplished over 27 years in contrast to Lunsford's life. There was no comparison. He had lived a life of service, while I was living a life of selfishness and entertainment."

Jason realized he was chasing the wrong things in life. And now, he wanted to pursue what God wanted him to do.

The NFL player explained, “The kicker was when I looked in the mirror…and I saw his reflection looking right back at me. And he asked, ‘what are you doing with your life Jason that’s so great? “What are you doing with your life that’s so special?'”

Following God's Voice
Then everything Jason had learned from his youth as a Christian began to sink in.

"All of those seeds from my youth that had fallen on rocky soil – about love and loving thy neighbour and being selfless. All of a sudden they began to take root and germinate," he stressed.

Then the NFL player heard God telling him to "feed my people." He followed God’s voice, left his sport's luxury and comfort, and gave up everything. Many criticized his decision and told him he was "stupid" and that it was "the biggest mistake of his life." But he didn't let those pressures stop him from following God. Since then, he has never regretted his decision.

"God was preparing me for something greater, but I had no idea what it was," he said.

Today, Jason is living his best life, fulfilling God's purpose for his life together with his family. God gave them success and fulfilment the world could never provide.

Indeed, following Jesus isn’t always easy, but it's always worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5GPMiBuYUk

GODTV

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highest-Paid NFL Centre Leaves NFL Career To Follow God's Purpose by meekme(m): 1:44pm On Apr 24, 2022
Halleluyah❗

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Highest-Paid NFL Centre Leaves NFL Career To Follow God's Purpose by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:09pm On Apr 24, 2022
Beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Highest-Paid NFL Centre Leaves NFL Career To Follow God's Purpose by Speaklove: 2:33pm On Apr 24, 2022
See you there #jesusjr#

It takes courage and great faith to walk in such direction .
And I want to believe that's this story has in a certain way inspired me for the future .

Got to go God's way

1 Like

Re: Highest-Paid NFL Centre Leaves NFL Career To Follow God's Purpose by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:08pm On Apr 29, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

GODTV

Praise the Lord!

(1) (Reply)

The Name Of The Church And The Branch You Attend / A Word In Due Season - Sunday, May 8th 2022 / Sacred Order Of Mysticals +

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.