Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,754 members, 7,930,573 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 09:57 PM

Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better (18932 Views)

NPA Or Efcc, Which Of These Jobs Is The Best With Good Pay, Please Help / Finally Got Job From One Of The Two Jobs I Rejected / Please Which Of This Two Jobs Is Most Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Shakur86(m): 3:34pm On Apr 25, 2022
Never go back to the job that sacked you

1 Like

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by nicerod(m): 3:36pm On Apr 25, 2022
blowjohn:

But the man looking forward has not gone any further more than the man looking back.

Moral:

No be everybody wey dey front sabi where them dey go next.

grin
grin
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Dynamiceagle(f): 3:38pm On Apr 25, 2022
Current job
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Neddyogu(m): 3:45pm On Apr 25, 2022
Why u wan look back. Remember Lot's wife.
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by cavreek: 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2022
Pls don't go back there
Imagine with a lesser pay. Simply negotiate with them to still retain ur previous pay. If they seriously need u they will comply as they need someone with ur experience and if not u lose nothing
But pls think twice before choosing ur previous job, I know what am saying
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by aigohior(m): 3:51pm On Apr 25, 2022
Go for the one with less stress, if the first one can fire you, they can do it again. Moreover you can save to create your own security
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Tonymic2017: 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2022
If calling u back isn't to increase ur pay. Just forget it. U wud just remian their puppet.

1 Like

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by ibawon(m): 4:39pm On Apr 25, 2022
Bro don't return there. Believe you me if they really wanted you they will give you a better position and bigger pay. Stay where you are now and also use the extra time to look for a new job.
They have a replacement already if you say no that's why they don't wanna increase the pay, all they want is for you to use your previous experience from the former management.

3 Likes

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by rickyboss333: 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2022
U solved the puzzle your self bro. If it is only because of d company's name and it's reputation in getting better jobs in d future is d only gain for going bk, then I see no advantage in that cos according to, u have worked there b4 so that's enough rep u need in your CV for better opportunities.
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by bisqit: 4:49pm On Apr 25, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

u mean crypto ponzi? Dat one na ponzi no be work abeg.
what about factory work?
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by FaithBrain1994(m): 4:59pm On Apr 25, 2022
It's sickening how employees prefer salaries to peace of mind and job satisfaction.
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by membranus: 5:35pm On Apr 25, 2022
RedChiefPriest:
A wise old spanish man once said "haz lo que tu mente te diga"

So I think we should follow what he said

Itumo?
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by pegix(m): 5:38pm On Apr 25, 2022
chatinent:
I prefer working from home, and having my own business.
everybody can work from home

And if everybody should

Who will u work for and get ur services rendered to
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by DaInferno(m): 5:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
Hinokami:
I worked for a multi national organisation last year for a few months before internal strife and change of management made me lose my job as collateral damage. I was jobless for months and those were trying times for my mental health.

I got a job two months ago. It had less stress and the expenses are less. I can save more but there is no job security, no offer letter and no career growth.

Now the new owners of my previous organisation want me back but with slightly lesser pay than what I received back when I was in their employ, a contract letter and promise of job security. There is also no chance of career progression within the organisation but I will improve my skills to potentially get a better job from there.

I'm conflicted.. I don't want to leave my comfort zone in the current job to move to another city for a job that relieved me in the past. There is a chance they can do it again if they feel like based on the nationality of the owners but I also feel like I have an opportunity to develop myself and move to better places from there because of the reputation of the company name on my CV.

Please who has had such experience like this and advice going forward.

Thank you.

PS. I negotiated with the new owners on improving the pay package and they made no concrete promises.. I'm waiting for the offer letter to see if it'd at least match my former pay.
job security is your problem, yh? Biko refer me to your former job then.
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 5:58pm On Apr 25, 2022
Hinokami:
I worked for a multi national organisation last year for a few months before internal strife and change of management made me lose my job as collateral damage. I was jobless for months and those were trying times for my mental health.

I got a job two months ago. It had less stress and the expenses are less. I can save more but there is no job security, no offer letter and no career growth.

Now the new owners of my previous organisation want me back but with slightly lesser pay than what I received back when I was in their employ, a contract letter and promise of job security. There is also no chance of career progression within the organisation but I will improve my skills to potentially get a better job from there.

I'm conflicted.. I don't want to leave my comfort zone in the current job to move to another city for a job that relieved me in the past. There is a chance they can do it again if they feel like based on the nationality of the owners but I also feel like I have an opportunity to develop myself and move to better places from there because of the reputation of the company name on my CV.

Thank you.

PS. I negotiated with the new owners on improving the pay package and they made no concrete promises.. I'm waiting for the offer letter to see if it'd at least match my former pay.

Why not go for the old one and send me to the new one I don day jobless for 6 months now n depression won kill me

1 Like

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by chatinent: 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2022
pegix:
everybody can work from home

And if everybody should

Who will u work for and get ur services rendered to

Of course, everyone cannot work from home.

1 Like

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Contekbbc: 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
Point of correction: there is no job security anywhere.

You just have to make your personal development a priority and be relevant in any of the two you later find yourself.

But I'll prefer you stay at your new company and try and save life your life depends on it so you can start something reasonable in case of any unwanted circumstances.
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Aaay: 8:25pm On Apr 25, 2022
None
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Chairwoman: 9:42pm On Apr 25, 2022
chatinent:
I prefer working from home, and having my own business.
Not everyone is built to work from home or have to their own business. Some others need to work for other people to earn a living.
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by seunlizy(f): 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2022
My dear OP,
Pls don't think of going back cos there's still chance that they will sack you again and your salary will be reduced accordingto what u said. Focus on the new job and discover your self.then continue applying also.
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Genea(f): 5:00am On Apr 26, 2022
Hinokami:

Thank you.

Never go back to your previous job, if you were that important, they won’t have sacked you. They just want to finish you

2 Likes

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Pharaohny: 6:34am On Apr 26, 2022
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Don't go back
Go back
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Pharaohny: 6:34am On Apr 26, 2022
Las Las
Never go back to your previous job
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Mayor36: 9:25am On Apr 26, 2022
He should just stay with the current job since he is having less expense he can save enough and come up with a start up later alongside the job so even if they end up disposing him he has something to fall back to and getting a job is by what you can input into a company not by where you have worked before so he can work on acquiring a skill too.
Connected1:
To make things easier for us I suggest you give imaginary figures as offered salaries from the various companies so we can advise you better since it's obvious that you can't get a career growth from either of the companies.

But on the current stand I suggest you don't go to your previous company, they won't treat you like other staffs and they may dispose you easily too if you don't meet up with their current expectations, , moreover your current job seems not standard enough but since you can save more from it, I think you have the better option in your comfort zone, find a way to build your career (wait you didn't even state the career type too) from your comfort zone or learn a new career type.

Nothing beats rest of mind, only federal govt job has 80% job security, the others is completely based on your average performance.

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Hinokami: 9:43am On Apr 26, 2022
Thank you all for those who took time to advice me.

I will heed your advice to not go back to the previous job. I dont even know what i was thinking to consider it.

seunlizy:
My dear OP,
Pls don't think of going back cos there's still chance that they will sack you again and your salary will be reduced accordingto what u said. Focus on the new job and discover your self.then continue applying also.
ibawon:
Bro don't return there. Believe you me if they really wanted you they will give you a better position and bigger pay. Stay where you are now and also use the extra time to look for a new job.
They have a replacement already if you say no that's why they don't wanna increase the pay, all they want is for you to use your previous experience from the former management.

Mayor36:
He should just stay with the current job since he is having less expense he can save enough and come up with a start up later alongside the job so even if they end up disposing him he has something to fall back to and getting a job is by what you can input into a company not by where you have worked before so he can work on acquiring a skill too.
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Gentlesoul2021(m): 1:05pm On Apr 26, 2022
Op, which state are u? U made mention of your mental health during your trying times, I want to learn how u were able to beat it. I have been jobless for a while now and it’s really traumatizing…!! I hope to hear from you. Thanks.!!!
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Hinokami: 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2022
Gentlesoul2021:
Op, which state are u? U made mention of your mental health during your trying times, I want to learn how u were able to beat it. I have been jobless for a while now and it’s really traumatizing…!! I hope to hear from you. Thanks.!!!

I moved from to a less expensive city in the middle belt to stay with a relative who is accommodating.. Very very important.

I set goals for myself with that relative peace of mind to improve on my skill set. That alone occupied my mind.

An idle mind is an opportunity for depression to creep in.
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by levbigboss: 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2022
In order to understand and finally decide, I would advise you to figure out within yourself what you are closest to. After that I would check all possible jobs and offers for these jobs, browse open positions here, maybe this will also ease the agony of choosing a job. Then compare what the average salaries offered to you for these positions. Based on this, you will be able to choose the right job for you.
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Gentlesoul2021(m): 4:46pm On Apr 27, 2022
Hinokami:

I moved from to a less expensive city in the middle belt to stay with a relative who is accommodating.. Very very important.

I set goals for myself with that relative peace of mind to improve on my skill set. That alone occupied my mind.

An idle mind is an opportunity for depression to creep in.

That’s so commendable of u. More grace bro. Can I connect with u if u don’t mind.
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Hinokami: 5:53pm On Apr 27, 2022
Yes sure of course

Gentlesoul2021:

That’s so commendable of u. More grace bro. Can I connect with u if u don’t mind.
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Gentlesoul2021(m): 10:36pm On Apr 27, 2022
Hinokami:
Yes sure of course

Sent u a PM
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Hinokami: 10:40pm On Apr 27, 2022
Gentlesoul2021:

Sent u a PM

Seen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? / Vacancies @ Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) - November 2013 / Career Opportunities For Fresh Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.