Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,953 members, 7,873,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:16 AM

Another Blow To Pdp As Ex-speaker Decamps To Acn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Blow To Pdp As Ex-speaker Decamps To Acn (838 Views)

Imo Assembly Workers Lock-out Corpse Of Ex-speaker Over Unpaid Salaries / EFCC Swoops On Diezani’s Residence In Abuja As Ex-minister Is Arrested In London / Alli Olanusi, Ondo Deputy Governor Decamps To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Blow To Pdp As Ex-speaker Decamps To Acn by aljharem3: 12:57am On Jul 09, 2011
BY SIMON EBEGBULEM, BENIN CITY
FORMER Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Mr David Iyoha and the National Vice Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Senatorial leader in Edo Central, Chief Simeon Omofuma, have dumped the PDP for the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).

Those who also decamped at a rally at Eguare Primary School, Ekpoma, yesterday, included Pastor Sam Odigie, Professor Ighalo, Barrister Ehigie Ehimua, son of a popular politician in Esanland known as Omosco and over three thousand members.

The former Speaker said he and the others decided to join the ACN to be part of the development train going on in the state.According to him “without any equivocation, we are being persuaded to move to ACN because of the developmental and people-oriented strides of Comrade Adams Oshiomhole”.

He continued: “there is no one here or around the state that is not aware of the transformation going on in public schools and other areas across the state. Look at this school where we are, is it not a wonder? A school like this will naturally transform the intellectual capacity of any child to excel academically.

“Your Excellency, there is no one driving or passing through Benin City that will not praise your foresight because your desire for standards is very high. These roads, like those constructed by Prof Ambrose Alli about 30 years ago, will stand the test of time.

“Your desire to better the life of people in the rural areas is seen with the massive road construction, opening up the towns and villages in Edo State. I commend your efforts. Late Prof Ambrose Alli did the same about 30 years ago, and today his life and work are still very fresh in our minds.

“your Excellency, 30 years from now, people will remember you for this monumental efforts.

Prosperity will not speak well of me and many other present here if we fail to embrace the opportunity provided by your selfless efforts for equal development of the communities in the state.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/pdp-vice-chairman-ex-speaker-decamp-to-acn/
Re: Another Blow To Pdp As Ex-speaker Decamps To Acn by werepeLeri: 1:00am On Jul 09, 2011
no be wetin him go chop him dey find?
Re: Another Blow To Pdp As Ex-speaker Decamps To Acn by aljharem3: 1:01am On Jul 09, 2011
werepeLeri:

no be wetin him go chop him dey find?

looting is looting i would suspect PDP is worse than ACN

but both are the same
Re: Another Blow To Pdp As Ex-speaker Decamps To Acn by NegroNtns(m): 1:19am On Jul 09, 2011
looting for looting i would suspect PDP is worse than AC

Alj,

Thanks for teaching me new vocab! Lol!
Re: Another Blow To Pdp As Ex-speaker Decamps To Acn by aljharem3: 1:22am On Jul 09, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

looting for looting i would suspect PDP is worse than AC

Alj,

Thanks for teaching me new vocab! Lol!
grin grin grin grin

anytime bro
Re: Another Blow To Pdp As Ex-speaker Decamps To Acn by AbuMaryam1(m): 1:38am On Jul 09, 2011
alj_harem:

looting is looting i would suspect PDP is worse than ACN

but both are the same
PDP is the worse thing that ever happened in the life spam of Nigeria. May God deliver us.
Re: Another Blow To Pdp As Ex-speaker Decamps To Acn by aljharem3: 1:41am On Jul 09, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

PDP is the worse thing that ever happened in the life spam of Nigeria. May God deliver us.
grin grin grin grin grin

my brother/sister PDP done suffer grin

lets just keep praying for our president
Re: Another Blow To Pdp As Ex-speaker Decamps To Acn by bashydemy(m): 7:23am On Jul 09, 2011
I believe come 2015 PDP will have to merge with CPC to face ACN
Re: Another Blow To Pdp As Ex-speaker Decamps To Acn by Jarus(m): 7:46am On Jul 09, 2011
Saw that PDP is finishing in Edo, and decamped to ACN to maintain relevance. That's all. Same happened in Osun after ACN took over,ertswhile PDP SSG, otthers defected to ACN to Maintain relevance.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Ranks High In Gov’s Forum Ratings / Bloated Cabinet: Kwara Appoints 3 Ssas, 13 Sas, 16 Liaison Officers And 16 Youth / Great Video: Scam Is Not Nigerian.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.