Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,082 members, 7,946,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 01:19 AM

100 Questions And Answers About Prostate Cancer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 100 Questions And Answers About Prostate Cancer (119 Views)

Cure For Coronavirus | Questions And Answers About Covid19 Cure / A Little About Prostate Cancer, Important Imporformation To All Men / What You Do Not Know About Prostate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

100 Questions And Answers About Prostate Cancer by efogator(f): 1:13am On Apr 26, 2022
Receiving a prostate cancer diagnosis is a difficult experience, and leaves patients and their caregivers feeling anxious and overwhelmed. What is prostate cancer? What are the treatment options? What are the sources of support?

The only text to provide both the doctor’s and patient’s point of view, 100 Questions & Answers About Prostate Cancer, Fifth Edition provides authoritative, practical answers to these questions, and many more.

When you’re told you have prostate cancer, you might have been asking the following questions and many others:

• What are the chances that the cancer has spread beyond my prostate? If so, is it still curable?
• Do I need any other tests before we decide on treatment?
• Should I see any other types of doctors before deciding on treatment?
• What is the clinical stage and grade (Gleason score or Grade Group) of my cancer? What do those mean to me?
• If I’m concerned about the costs and insurance coverage for my diagnosis and treatment, who can help me?
• How likely is my cancer to cause problems if I’m not treated right away?
• Should I consider watchful waiting or active surveillance as an option? Why or why not?
• Do you recommend a radical prostatectomy or radiation therapy? Why or why not?
• Is laparoscopic or robot-assisted prostatectomy an option for me?
• What types of radiation therapy might work best for me?
• What other treatment(s) might be right for me? Why?
• Am I eligible for any clinical trials?
• What risks or side effects should I expect from my treatment options?
• What are the chances that I will have problems with incontinence or impotence?

This updated Fifth Edition provides a comprehensive discussion of what you can expect post-diagnosis along with patient commentary to give you a real-life understanding of what these steps might mean for your day-to-day life.

This book is an invaluable resource for anyone coping with the uncertainty of a prostate cancer diagnosis.

Get your copy

(1) (Reply)

Skin Care / Spain Approves Draft Bill For 'menstrual Pain' Leave For Women With Severe Cramp / In Need Of Solution To This Ailment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.