Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,947 members, 7,879,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:28 AM

What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? (15732 Views)

Which Nigeria's President Do You Have The Most Respect For And Why (Pictures) / Can A Southern President Do To Kano What Was Done To Lagos?! / Apc Will Not Give You President Do Your Worst. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by blackpanda: 4:02am On Apr 27, 2022
Ykc2:
the problem of Nigeria is our goverment ,if tinubu is from America can he be sharing money from bullion van on the of election?if you hear billions of naira our government officials are embezzling in nigeria and go scot free you as ordinary person will do anything to make your money any how,if government is corrupt its citizens too will be corrupt e.g Pakistan, Bangladesh

The citizens are worse that the politicians. Infact it's the citizens that make politicians corrupt. When u are collecting bag of rice, cash etc before u vote for someone. And you think the person won't recoup his investment when he gets in there How many of u who has senator as uncle that won't go and demand for one corrupt favour or the other. And if he doesn't give u, u will say he's wicked abi
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by blackpanda: 4:04am On Apr 27, 2022
Justiceleague1:

What are you talking about,did you people,you included,did you not, with your eyes opened,vote for change?

I will vote for buhari over Jonathan a billion times over!
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 27, 2022
gibsonwales:

Your number one is not true. You are free to leave the country, but only through Beijing, China. Though, you'll need some clearance.

Only on business for the government. Emigration, no. Movement within the country is restricted . As I said, you cannot decide to travel from one part of the country to another...it has to be approved by the government...even for pleasure.

Japa to China or any other country to work for money? You get sent back, and jailed for 'japa'. Now, of all the illegal immigrants from this country that have returned, how many of them have been jailed in a prision camp for trying to emigrate?

Majority of our religious leaders should be in prison. Some politicians use them to launder money abroad. I guess its one of the reason Buhari wanted to tax religious organizations some years ago.

As much as I think that some of our religious leaders are a bad lot...freedom of belief, whether in god or no god , is an essential right in any sane society. Being sent to jail because you believe in a god or do not believe in a god is wrong, Nigeria or NK. (And in NK, you must not believe in anything except that which the state tells you to believe.).

Now here in Nigeria, has anyone been jailed for refusing to believe what the state says you should believe (yes, I am aware of the Mubarak case...and it is bad). Does the state here say you should not go to church, mosque, traditionalist worship, or any belief, etc...?

And NK is insane to try to control people's belief....even beyond what we do here in this country.

All together, Nigeria is worse when compared to North Korea.

Poeple blast Buhari on this site, and externally in this country every day. In NK...there are no sites like Nairaland where you can critique the government, and if you do, either online or outside, it's the prision camp for life for you.

Now how many people have been sentenced to life imprisonment for bashing Buhari or his family....along with members of the criticiser's family?(Which is what happens in NK).?

NK is worse than Nigeria. As bad as Nigeria is...and I speak as someone who has not liked or supported any of our democratic presidents and the military's presidents before them, and think that they are all a bad lot, and have the same opinion of the people rushing to rule us in 2023....that they are all awful....it is ten times worse in NK.
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Ykc2(m): 12:12pm On Apr 27, 2022
[quote author=blackpanda post=112306714]

The citizens are worse that the politicians. Infact it's the citizens that make politicians corrupt. When u are collecting bag of rice, cash etc before u vote for someone. And you think the person won't recoup his investment when he gets in there How many of u who has senator as uncle that won't go and demand for one corrupt favour or the other. And if he doesn't give u, u will say he's wicked abi[/quote)people are hungry in nigeria even a plate of amala they will collect just to eat,
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by gibsonwales(m): 12:41pm On Apr 27, 2022
subsidywise18:

Only on business for the government. Emigration, no. Movement within the country is restricted . As I said, you cannot decide to travel from one part of the country to another...it has to be approved by the government...even for pleasure.

Japa to China or any other country to work for money? You get sent back, and jailed for 'japa'. Now, of all the illegal immigrants from this country that have returned, how many of them have been jailed in a prision camp for trying to emigrate?

As much as I think that some of our religious leaders are a bad lot...freedom of belief, whether in god or no god , is an essential right in any sane society. Being sent to jail because you believe in a god or do not believe in a god is wrong, Nigeria or NK. (And in NK, you must not believe in anything except that which the state tells you to believe.).

Now here in Nigeria, has anyone been jailed for refusing to believe what the state says you should believe (yes, I am aware of the Mubarak case...and it is bad). Does the state here say you should not go to church, mosque, traditionalist worship, or any belief, etc...?

And NK is insane to try to control people's belief....even beyond what we do here in this country.

Poeple blast Buhari on this site, and externally in this country every day. In NK...there are no sites like Nairaland where you can critique the government, and if you do, either online or outside, it's the prision camp for life for you.

Now how many people have been sentenced to life imprisonment for bashing Buhari or his family....along with members of the criticiser's family?(Which is what happens in NK).?

NK is worse than Nigeria. As bad as Nigeria is...and I speak as someone who has not liked or supported any of our democratic presidents and the military's presidents before them, and think that they are all a bad lot, and have the same opinion of the people rushing to rule us in 2023....that they are all awful....it is ten times worse in NK.

Not only on business for/with the government ! You are free to visit any country, as long as you're cleared to leave by the government. Immigration, yes, as long as you meet their requirements. Not only to China, any country. China is just the entry and exit point to North Korea. That's the only way to get to the country.

Among the people here, religion has done more damage. A lot of so called believers have been brainwashed by their religious leaders. I'm sure you must have heard about a Pastor who recently asked his member to pay N310,000 to secure a place in heaven through Ekiti state. To my surprise, a lot of members paid and are still paying. A woman whose daughter is studying abroad called her to return home to secure a slot for her, else the pastor will do something to make her get in trouble over there. I'm sure the government must have heard about it, but what are they doing ? The so-called pastor should locked up indefinitely. Remember, we started with traditional practice before the introduction of Islam and Christianity. They introduced it to make us belief ours is evil. Tell someone you're a traditional worshipper and see what happens next (I don't support human sacrifice) I'm not opposing Islam and Christianity believe/practice, both are good. Take a look at China today and their traditional way of life.

Our government is not concerned about our opinion here on nairaland. As long as they eat with their cohorts at the roundtable, they're good. Remember they banned twitter for some time, denying us freedom of expression too.

After I watched a YouTube video about a tourist experience in North Korea, video of places he visited and some analysis by the tourist guide, it changed my thoughts about the country.
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 27, 2022
gibsonwales:

Not only on business for/with the government ! You are free to visit any country, as long as you're cleared to leave by the government. Immigration, yes, as long as you meet their requirements. Not only to China, any country. China is just the entry point to North Korea. That's the only way to get to the country.

Among the people here, religion has done more damage. A lot of so called believers have been brainwashed by their religious leaders. Remember, we started with traditional practice before the introduction of Islam and Christianity. They introduced it to make us belief ours is evil. Tell someone you're a traditional worshipper and see what happens next (I don't support human sacrifice) I'm not opposing Islam and Christianity believe/practice, both are good. Take a look at China today and their traditional way of life.

Our government is not concerned about our opinion here on nairaland. As long as they eat with their cohorts at the roundtable, they're good. Remember they banned twitter for some time, denying us freedom of expression too.

After I watched a YouTube video about a tourist experience in North Korea, video of places he visited and some analysis by the tourist guide, it changed my thoughts about the country.

Tourists are treated well.

Citizens? No.

Oga, all i have told you about the kims is based on books written by people who have interviewed actual NK defectors and citizens. Not on tourists who spend a few month's in the country. Actual people

Just because they say down with usa does not mean they are good.

Just because Nigeria is bad does not make NK good. NK is a dictatorship. Absolute dictiatorship.

You are free to disagree with me.
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by gibsonwales(m): 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2022
subsidywise18:

Tourists are treated well.

Citizens? No.

Oga, all i have told you about the kims is based on books written by people who have interviewed actual NK defectors and citizens. Not on tourists who spend a few month's in the country. Actual people

Just because they say down with usa does not mean they are good.

Just because Nigeria is bad does not make NK good. NK is a dictatorship. Absolute dictiatorship.

You are free to disagree with me.

So, tourists are not humans/actual people ?

I never said North Korea is a good country ! Is Nigeria not worse than the absolute dictatorship in North Korea with our so-called demon-crazy (democracy).

Here, we are faced with BokoHaram, bandits, Unknown gunmen, Kidnappers, herdsmen, Ipob/ESN...e.t.c

What similar group do they have over there ?
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Obagofixxy: 9:38am On May 02, 2022
Latakia:
So that the whole Nigerians will be doing sit at home every Monday when we are suppose to be at work ba grin Abeg list his achievements and legacies in Anambra grin
Peter obi's profile has always been uploaded here often times, I will get it for you to see, let get a youthful leader, not all those men masquerading themselves as godfather
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Latakia(f): 4:35pm On May 02, 2022
Obagofixxy:

Peter obi's profile has always been uploaded here often times, I will get it for you to see, let get a youthful leader, not all those men masquerading themselves as godfather
When Jagaban talks, he always point to Lagos as his legacy in terms of achievements and human development but when Obi Pandora talks he will never tell us his legacy and achievement in Anambra but instead keep mentioning China China China as if he is contesting to become the president of China grin
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Treasure17(m): 3:44pm On Feb 11
Treasure17:
The road to 2023

I need a president who is pragmatic, articulate, charismatic, compassionate and economically savvy.

A president that can provide enabling environment for people to thrive.

I need a president who can embrace technology.

A listening president who can harness our resources for the development of our country.

Share yours

Unfortunately we missed the chance and here we are suffering for the decisions of shallow minded people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okada Riders Damaged 42 Buses – LAGBUS, LAMATA / INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra / APC Members Defect To PDP In Edo (2014)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.