Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,068 members, 7,933,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 09:42 AM

How Can I Help A Friend Who Doesn't Seem To Want To Help Herself? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can I Help A Friend Who Doesn't Seem To Want To Help Herself? (205 Views)

How Does A Boy Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Survive In The University? / My Marlians Cult Daughter Doesn't Wear Pant To School - Mother Cries Out / This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Help A Friend Who Doesn't Seem To Want To Help Herself? by keelsors: 9:53pm On Apr 27, 2022
I have this "friend" of mine who does not seem to want to improve herself. I know part of her problem is financial, but I keep telling her to move forward one day at a time. I was in the exact situation she is now a couple of years ago where I could not even afford to pay rent, let alone feed and pay bills, but I had to make some tough decisions which later improved my life significantly.

I’ve tried to make her take some decisions, make some moves, but it seems she’s afraid or unwilling to make those steps. The gigs I introduced her to(Amazon Flex Delivery, Doordash) to earn extra cash eventually did not pan out and her accounts were deactivated. The certification exams she registered for never came to fruition. She even failed the only one she took, and never bothered to retake it until her retake voucher expired.

Everyday she complains about how her landlady treats her like a slave, as she has held her hostage because she couldn’t pay her rent in time. The lady has given subtle threats to evict her multiple times. I’ve told her it’s time for her to move out and she should not wait until the lady kicks her out, but till today, that has not happened.

I’m honestly getting tired of hearing her daily complaints and issues she’s going through as I’ve told her several times what she has to do to get out of the rut she’s in. More often than not I tune out her voice whenever she complains, but I do feel bad for her. I also want to stop borrowing her money, as she owes me upwards of two grand. I’m not the type to take advantage of people's situations either, as I've heard and read of many situations where a guy "helps" a girl financially in exchange for sex. I know this girl can't pay me back the money she owes, even though she keeps saying she will once she gets on her feet. How long that will take, I have no idea.
Re: How Can I Help A Friend Who Doesn't Seem To Want To Help Herself? by judatech: 10:12pm On Apr 27, 2022
Teach me what you taught her
Re: How Can I Help A Friend Who Doesn't Seem To Want To Help Herself? by Cutehector(m): 10:24pm On Apr 27, 2022
Weak man. If na guy, you go dey hold am for neck make he pay you back.
Re: How Can I Help A Friend Who Doesn't Seem To Want To Help Herself? by metalgear11(m): 10:31pm On Apr 27, 2022
Cutehector:
Weak man. If na guy, you go dey hold am for neck make he pay you back.

So how do you expect her to pay him back?
Re: How Can I Help A Friend Who Doesn't Seem To Want To Help Herself? by doctorexcel: 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2022
Share the knowledge you taught her. It will benefits others and make the world a better place
Re: How Can I Help A Friend Who Doesn't Seem To Want To Help Herself? by ATEAMS: 1:30am On Apr 28, 2022
Dash her money naaa

Or open a business for her and manage it for a few

(1) (Reply)

Dear Student! Here's How You Can Learn Any Skill From Scratch The Smart Way / 4 Mistakes To Avoid When Studying For Exams / 4 Top Best Universities Of Technology In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.