Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,452 members, 7,961,400 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 01:22 AM

American or Foreign Comedies Nigerians Love - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / American or Foreign Comedies Nigerians Love (2966 Views)

Gba Be! Naijamotion.com Is My Favourite Website For Naija Movies And Comedies / Can You Review Nollywood And/or Foreign Movies? / A New Tv Station (called Link 65) Dnt Know Wether Its Local Or Foreign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American or Foreign Comedies Nigerians Love by prettyH(f): 12:22am On Dec 20, 2005
Think all the black comedies are american. Can't really stand the brit humor but i'll include some sha

Allo Allo
friends
Two and a half Men
Eve
Everybody loves Raymond
Will and Grace
Girlfriends
The parkers (love)

Father ted (at times) lipsrsealed undecided
Vicar of dibley lipsrsealed undecided

others programmes not comedies though:
Lost
One tree hill
CSI Miami
Re: American or Foreign Comedies Nigerians Love by kellorah: 12:44am On Dec 20, 2005
d brits' sense of humour....some not so funny things...they laugh hard at. phewww
i prefer 9ja humour..jokes...riddles etc to that of d brits.
the only british comedians/comdies i like are the two roonies, roy crooper, lenny henry show, dad's army,porridge and a few others! the old comedies are better. Above all, i like nigerian comedies AREA C....lol Nights of a thousand laughs rocks!!!!!!!!!
Re: American or Foreign Comedies Nigerians Love by Scorpio(f): 1:56am On Dec 20, 2005
do u guyz get to watch Bromwell High?
Re: American or Foreign Comedies Nigerians Love by ijebuman(m): 12:16pm On Dec 20, 2005
prettyH:

Think all the black comedies are american. Can't stand the brit humor

you have Allo Allo in your list and thats British

British comedy is in a class of its own, they've produced great comedy like the Carry on series, classics like Benny hill show, Some Mothers Do Have Them, mind your language, mixed blessings, love thy neighbour etc

American comedy is so sanitised you can see the joke coming a mile away. There are few exceptions like Arrested Development, the Dave Chappelle show, Scrubs and Malcolm in the middle.

The current crop of American black comedy is so unoriginal compared to the stuff that was done before like In living color, The jeffersons, Good Times, Sanford and Son.
Re: American or Foreign Comedies Nigerians Love by ijebuman(m): 12:28pm On Dec 20, 2005
oops sorry posted twice
Re: American or Foreign Comedies Nigerians Love by prettyH(f): 4:19pm On Dec 20, 2005
@ijebu

yep can't stand the brits sense of humor . Just added a couple at least those are the ones i manage to watch and to be fair
Re: American or Foreign Comedies Nigerians Love by Vieira(m): 2:16am On Dec 21, 2005
I love british humour.

I like understated humour, not the type where you can see a joke coming a mile off.

My Fave comedies are:

Extras
The Office (english version)
Seinfeld
Curb your Enthutiasim
Everybody loves Raymond
Little Britain
The Fast Show
Malcom in the Middle
Re: American or Foreign Comedies Nigerians Love by prettyH(f): 3:43am On Dec 21, 2005
Gosh viera u try. I hate little Britain more than anyone can imagine.
Re: American or Foreign Comedies Nigerians Love by Vieira(m): 11:35am On Dec 21, 2005
grin grin grin

Pretty H, why now. It is funny now.

Don't you like the guy in the wheelchair?

or the only gay in the village?

or the fat fighter woman??

I like it a lot but I understand that it is not everyone's cup of tea.
Re: American or Foreign Comedies Nigerians Love by kellorah: 8:09pm On Dec 24, 2005
I LOVE lil'Britain..oh yeah,i'm d only gay in d village...prime minister (best scenes)
i love WORST WEEK OF MY LIFE...omg..i alwayz feel realli sowi for howard steel
Re: American or Foreign Comedies Nigerians Love by larger20(m): 10:24pm On Apr 17, 2006
2 and half men
American dad
Re: American or Foreign Comedies Nigerians Love by eveseh(f): 5:34pm On Apr 20, 2006
will smith

eve

jamie foxx

the wyans bros
Re: American or Foreign Comedies Nigerians Love by Seun(m): 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2007
I don't like Everybody Loves Raymond because the brother and father are too unrealistic. It's more or less a cartoon. Raymond and his wife are realistic enough, but the supporting characters are crazy.

Eve is mildly interesting because the actors are good looking. I really liked 'Stacked' - starring Pamela Anderson - despite the popular perception that it was a dumb show. I thought it was really good.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Korean Drama Lovers Quiz Corner. Give Correct Answers And Win A Prize!!! / DOMINION Series Fan Thread / Which Is The Worse Nigerian TV Station?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.