Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,972 members, 7,919,121 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 09:59 PM

See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m (1026 Views)

Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East / Nasir Kwarra: Nigeria’s Population Is Officially 206 Million / Buhari Reelection: Banky W, Simi, Debola Lagos Contracted With ₦200M- Leaders.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m by Datikwerreboi(m): 12:40pm On Apr 28, 2022
People by far die more in Nigeria daily than are born. Check Northern Nigeria for instance. Hundreds die daily from violent deaths not to even mention from disease

2 Likes

Re: See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m by Pierocash(m): 1:16pm On Apr 28, 2022
Datikwerreboi:
People by far die more in Nigeria daily than are born. Check Northern Nigeria for instance. Hundreds die daily from violence deaths not to even mention from disease
lies. For every one person that dies,more than 7 are born same day

4 Likes

Re: See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m by Datikwerreboi(m): 1:29pm On Apr 28, 2022
Pierocash:
lies. For every one person that does,more than 7 are born same day
Yes this is true for natural deaths but doesn't hold ground for violent deaths in Nigeria were terrorists are killing many.

That is to say in UK and Canada you will be right but not for nigeria

1 Like

Re: See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m by Pierocash(m): 1:40pm On Apr 28, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

Yes this is true for natural deaths but doesn't hold ground for violent deaths in Nigeria were terrorists are killing many.

That is to say in UK and Canada you will be right but not for nigeria
terrorists aren't killing everyday,but children are been born daily bro.

Yes I quite agree that Nigeria's population is not even up to 150m, it is just a political permutation just for Fiscal and political dominance,but not due to terrorist activities

1 Like

Re: See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m by Formularcr7: 1:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
No matter how many they kill,even in north them dey born everyday
Re: See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m by Datikwerreboi(m): 1:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
Pierocash:
terrorists aren't killing everyday,but children are been born daily bro.

Yes I quite agree that Nigeria's population is not even up to 150m, it is just a political permutation just for Fiscal and political dominance,but not due to terrorist activities
Who told you terrorists aren't killing everyday, they're rightly killing everyday in North West and North East. It shows you're not in touch with reality
Re: See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m by ArewaNorth: 1:43pm On Apr 28, 2022
Datikwerreboi:
People by far die more in Nigeria daily than are born. Check Northern Nigeria for instance. Hundreds die daily from violent deaths not to even mention from disease
Can't u also see that the death is picking people but it still seems like people aren't dying?
The birth rate in the North is at alarming level, Govt need to enforce family planning irrespective of religious and traditional leaders outrage and consequences!
Re: See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m by Datikwerreboi(m): 1:44pm On Apr 28, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Can't u also see that the death is picking people but it still seems like people aren't dying?
The birth rate in the North is at alarming level, Govt need to enforce family planning irrespective of religious and traditional leaders outrage and consequences!
Well, not just the govt. The intersociety organisations, Muslim groups too. But the north isn't doing away with polygamy anytime soon which is the main cause
Re: See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m by ArewaNorth: 4:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

Well, not just the govt. The intersociety organisations, Muslim groups too. But the north isn't doing away with polygamy anytime soon which is the main cause
Polygamy isn't a problem because restricted polygamy will do a lot of harm to many women chances of getting married. Households should consider the number of children they should bear irrespective of the number of the wives.
In the North not only Muslims do polygamy oo shocked
Re: See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m by Simeonjoe1: 5:06pm On Apr 28, 2022
Op have you been to a teaching hospital before?
I tell you that the number of infant being born per day in a single teaching hospital is even more than the total death occurring within 3days. If you enter hospital see how Nigerians dey born eh you go fear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m by kennygreen(m): 5:29pm On Apr 28, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

The reason i sent you a DM was because, i was not allowed to quote you on that particular section. I never intended to do so.
And to your question now:
I'm the first born, i have four sibling which i am responsible for. Given that, we are without parents, it becomes even tougher. Two are in polytechnic, one in secondary sch & the other in University. All bills paid by me.
My house rent expired in January, i couldn't pay in full except part-payment. All these come from my KEKE Job, reason i am without money to fix it.
Re: See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m by Datikwerreboi(m): 6:13pm On Apr 28, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Polygamy isn't a problem because restricted polygamy will do a lot of harm to many women chances of getting married. Households should consider the number of children they should bear irrespective of the number of the wives.
In the North not only Muslims do polygamy oo shocked
It is an issue for a place like northern Nigeria were it is seen as a competition to birth kids anyhow. Let us tell ourselves the ugly truth. For instance in zaria here there are numerous street children doing nothing, birthed with no aim to take care of them

1 Like

Re: See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m by ArewaNorth: 7:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

It is an issue for a place like northern Nigeria were it is seen as a competition to birth kids anyhow. Let us tell ourselves the ugly truth. For instance in zaria here there are numerous street children doing nothing, birthed with no aim to take care of them

You need to understand people's culture before u judge them. The issue of giving birth doesn't have anything to do with competition. By default couples give birth as long as they have sex and birth control is the subject-matter of contention here; birth control is seen as unacceptable move in the North and some part of Nigeria due to mostly future and traditions of the people.
The biggest mistake we do in Nigeria is analysing people's attitude or lifestyle out of ignorance and cooking conspiracy to blackmail others.
Re: See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m by Datikwerreboi(m): 7:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
ArewaNorth:

You need to understand people's culture before u judge them. The issue of giving birth doesn't have anything to do with competition. By default couples give birth as long as they have sex and birth control is the subject-matter of contention here; birth control is seen as unacceptable move in the North and some part of Nigeria due to mostly future and traditions of the people.
The biggest mistake we do in Nigeria is analysing people's attitude or lifestyle out of ignorance and cooking conspiracy to blackmail others.
See I'm not here for tribalism or throwing tantrums. You should be the Ignorant person here bc u don't understand much of what is happening. Polygamous man who has 4 wives as obtainable in zaria can birth Atleast 4 kids if each of those wives have a kid for him. Now multiply the number if they decide to have 4 each. Now take for instance, there is this worker here, a junior staff with us at ABUTH, his name is Bello. Bello has 16 children with a salary of 30k monthly. He struggles to provide for them. I know how we have helped him financially. If he had one wife he can't birth 16 children. So you see how polygamy contributes. See I'm not your regular judge or whatever u call it, I love the northerners bc its easy to relate with them. But this I pointed out is something ugly I found out that is happening here
Re: See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m by sapele914(m): 8:23pm On Apr 28, 2022
Simeonjoe1:
Op have you been to a teaching hospital before?
I tell you that the number of infant being born per day in a single teaching hospital is even more than the total death occurring within 3days. If you enter hospital see how Nigerians dey born eh you go fear.
Rabbits, High Illiteracy, no birth control in Nigeria Which only adds to the poverty.
Re: See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m by adebayo987: 9:12pm On Apr 28, 2022
Nigeria population is around 230million... If you count all the deaths, they're not up to 4 million! ISWAP, BANDITS & BOKO HARAM combined have not killed up to 2 million since their inception. So, i don't think it has affected the population growth with people marrying more wives these days.

1 Like

Re: See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m by ArewaNorth: 11:02pm On Apr 28, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

See I'm not here for tribalism or throwing tantrums. You should be the Ignorant person here bc u don't understand much of what is happening. Polygamous man who has 4 wives as obtainable in zaria can birth Atleast 4 kids if each of those wives have a kid for him. Now multiply the number if they decide to have 4 each. Now take for instance, there is this worker here, a junior staff with us at ABUTH, his name is Bello. Bello has 16 children with a salary of 30k monthly. He struggles to provide for them. I know how we have helped him financially. If he had one wife he can't birth 16 children. So you see how polygamy contributes. See I'm not your regular judge or whatever u call it, I love the northerners bc its easy to relate with them. But this I pointed out is something ugly I found out that is happening here

You are out of context. Initially u said is due to competition, then I said no. I further said birth rate can be controlled amidst polygamy. What if number of children is restricted to the number of wives?
Poor people are into polygamy much more than middle class people. There is no political will to checkmate such nonsensical attitude because politicians are always afraid of losing votes.
They're soo poor that they think only sex can give them the enjoyment of life they couldn't reach or access!

I participated in the failed public hearing that Fmr Kano Emir organised to make laws that will regulate polygamy and birth control. The public hearing failed because Sunusi has very poor knowledge of practical Northern conservative traditions and tried to make laws that can't be enforced which will be an embarrassment to judiciary.
It really detest this kinds of uncontrolled birth rate and child negligence by our brothers here....
Re: See Why Nigeria's Population Is Not Up To 200m by Datikwerreboi(m): 9:12am On Apr 29, 2022
ArewaNorth:

You are out of context. Initially u said is due to competition, then I said no. I further said birth rate can be controlled amidst polygamy. What if number of children is restricted to the number of wives?
Poor people are into polygamy much more than middle class people. There is no political will to checkmate such nonsensical attitude because politicians are always afraid of losing votes.
They're soo poor that they think only sex can give them the enjoyment of life they couldn't reach or access!

I participated in the failed public hearing that Fmr Kano Emir organised to make laws that will regulate polygamy and birth control. The public hearing failed because Sunusi has very poor knowledge of practical Northern conservative traditions and tried to make laws that can't be enforced which will be an embarrassment to judiciary.
It really detest this kinds of uncontrolled birth rate and child negligence by our brothers here....
All in all. The northern people should stop birthing children they don't even need out of pleasure of the vaginaaa and penisss

(1) (Reply)

2023 Consensus:Tinubu Should Stay In Line So 10% Lagos Tax Is Not Probed By EFCC / All South East Delegate-285, All Votes To SE Aspirants Combine Is 39 / Why Are Some Nigerians Not Considering Mr Peter Obi's Candidature?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.