Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,699 members, 7,889,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:14 AM

2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku (797 Views)

PDP Turned Ebonyi To London, Iyorchia Ayu Tells Ebonyi People. / 2023: You Will Never Be President, Igbos Will Reject You – Ohanaeze Tells Atiku / PDP Ticket: You’re My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by Kwanza: 3:49pm On Apr 28, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7101007/2023-presidency-deserve-right-first

The National Chairman of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) Dr. Iyorchia Ayu, has told former Vice President Atiku Abubakar that even though they are friends, he will not work for him as an aspirant.

Ayu, who was addressing members of the National Working Committee, (NWC) and the campaign team of the former Vice President after a visit to the party Secretariat said, “Let me acknowledge the fact that you and I have been close friends personal friends for more than 30 years as it was indicated, we were key players in the Social Democratic Party and key players in the emergence of Chief MKO Abiola.

“So you are a presidential aspirant today. But I want people to know that you are still my friend. I can’t deny you I never deny my friends including those who are in the other disastrous party. You know them because even there we have common friends who miss road, who normally should be here with us.

“More importantly, since we formed this party as you have mentioned, we have worked together in various capacities. It is you and I that plotted the emergence of President Obasanjo. An administration that did very well, putting Nigeria, on a healthy map economically, socially and politically.

“Again, I can’t deny the fact that we work together harmoniously, whether political issues or economic issues and on the National Security Council when I was Minister for internal affairs.

“I’m saying this to make it clear that those who say Oh, because of my personal relationship with you, as chairman, I’ll work for you. Mr. Vice President, I will not work for you as an aspirant. I will work for all the 17 aspirants. It is left to you to convince the delegates of our party that you are the best.

“You have to market yourself, you have to work hard. This National Working Committee for now we remain an umpire. We are not going to take side with any particular aspirants. But we love you all. I’ve said repeatedly that each one of you given the opportunity will run this country better than what APC has done or will be able to do.”

1 Like

Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by PrinceOfLagos: 3:49pm On Apr 28, 2022
Amaechi or Jonathan will be APC flag bearer

Peter Obi will be PDP flag bearer

Interesting times ahead I must say

3 Likes

Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by Kwanza: 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by Maxymilliano(m): 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
Fair enough .. Let democratic process prevail
Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by PrinceOfLagos: 3:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
Obi get hope

Amaechi or Jonathan will be APC flag bearer

Peter Obi will be PDP flag bearer

Interesting times ahead I must say

2 Likes

Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by helinues: 3:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
Toh

The aspirants would soon know their fate before and after primary.

Atiku who decided to sit at Dubai, not even care about most of the gubernatorial election that Pdp contested. Imagine how poor Dino was left abandoned.

1 Like

Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by bigpicture001: 3:54pm On Apr 28, 2022
PDP is getting this very wrong....

They are following APC time table of turn of the south.... While PDP presented a southerner in 2015, why didn't APC present southerner.. they went to pick a northern to appeal to conscience of the northern youths and won... Now that PDP need to go south, Southern politicians started screaming it's time for southerner...

PDP will lose if they go south, nomatter the candidate.. now it's the time to pay back APC
Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by PrinceOfLagos: 3:55pm On Apr 28, 2022
bigpicture001:

They are following APC time table of turn of the south.... While PDP presented a southerner in 2015, why didn't APC present southerner.. they went to pick a northern to appeal to conscience of the northern youths and won... Now that PDP need to go south, Southern politicians started screaming it's time for southerner...

PDP will lose if they go south, nomatter the candidate.. now it's the time to pay back APC

PDP will go south ... APC too

Amaechi or Jonathan will be APC flag bearer for APC

Peter Obi and a northerner as VP will be flag bearer for PDP

It's a balanced game
Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by bigpicture001: 3:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

PDP will go south ... APC too

That is what it seems, but PDP shld HV gone north... Not south.. cuz thier last president was southerner
Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by PrinceOfLagos: 4:00pm On Apr 28, 2022
bigpicture001:

That is what it seems, but PDP shld HV gone north... Not south.. cuz thier last president was southerner

Buhari ruled for the north and Muslim under APC 2015 and 2019

2023 is the turn of southern Christian presidency
Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 4:01pm On Apr 28, 2022
gringrin grin grin grin
Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by helinues: 4:07pm On Apr 28, 2022
bigpicture001:

Pdp is not coming South cos South don't have weighty Politicians to win Apc.

The Pdp primary would be as usual formality cos Atiku will win, not because he is the most credible cos because he is the biggest money bag
Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by bigpicture001: 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2022
helinues:

Pdp is not coming South cos South don't have weighty Politicians to win Apc.

The Pdp primary would be as usual formality cos Atiku will win, not because he is the most credible cos because he is the biggest money bag

Even the chairman of the party is falling along geographic line. In his statement to atiku
Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by bigpicture001: 4:12pm On Apr 28, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Buhari ruled for the north and Muslim under APC 2015 and 2019

2023 is the turn of southern Christian presidency

Yes.. that is if APC and PDP are same party.. but low and behold.. APC was too rebellious at 2015 ND refused to go south.. instead rode in the popularity of buhari in the north to Ask rock
Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by helinues: 4:12pm On Apr 28, 2022
bigpicture001:

Even the chairman of the party is falling along geographic line. In his statement to atiku

Falling?? Southern Politicians most especially in Pdp have crabs mentality
Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by NigerianAngelo(m): 4:16pm On Apr 28, 2022
bigpicture001:

You are deluded if you think we are here to do APC.

A Christian Southerner must rule. That's it!
Every Northerner is APC. God strike Buhari before he leaves.
Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by LagosEmir: 4:16pm On Apr 28, 2022
helinues:

Falling?? Southern Politicians most especially in Pdp have crabs mentality
Says a drunk from the north
Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by bigpicture001: 4:17pm On Apr 28, 2022
NigerianAngelo:

You are deluded if you think we are here to do APC.

A Christian Southerner must rule. That's it!
Every Northerner is APC. God strike Buhari before he leaves.

Try annd. Be. Objective. My Mann... Don't comment out of emotions...

One love!
Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by helinues: 4:18pm On Apr 28, 2022
LagosEmir:

Says a drunk from the north

Afi from North na

Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by Penguin2: 5:04pm On Apr 28, 2022
I want to believe this statement is a sincere one because I’ve always feared Ayu might work for Atiku at the primaries; considering that he had to resign his ministerial position just to support Atiku when he fought with Obasanjo.
Re: 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku by Asgard73: 5:44pm On Apr 28, 2022
North 2023 ...

Political statement is not meant to be taken seriously

Bala Mohammed working for Atiku consensus with Saraki denied him on Chanels ..

When the time comes .. him and his stAte delegates will que..

Wonder how people believe all this press trash

So Na for pubic Ayu Go Dey follow his friend reason real.. where both them of them don already discussed before the press and will still talk after the press .

Nigerians sef..

(1) (Reply)

Ipob’s Congregation Of Crocodiles / Even If Tinubu Is On A Wheelchair He Defeat The Ipob /igbo Representative Obi / Senator Kwankwanso Arrives Rumuepirikom To Meet Gov. Wike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.