Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,654 members, 7,979,212 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 11:47 PM

Ochanya Rape: State Court Acquits Husband, Federal Court Convicts Wife Of Neglig - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ochanya Rape: State Court Acquits Husband, Federal Court Convicts Wife Of Neglig (42944 Views)

SARS Officer Who Raped Ochanya Samson Arrested. Photos / Ochanya: Andrew Ogbuja's Wife, Felicia, Arraigned In Court. Photo / Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ochanya Rape: State Court Acquits Husband, Federal Court Convicts Wife Of Neglig by IamAsiri: 1:07pm On Apr 30, 2022
Premiumwriter:
stop trying to shame me into accepting your position.

What the little girl said in the video is mere accusations. It is not an admissible evidence that the man raped her.

And yes, you can throw out a case out of the court if there is insufficient evidence. It's not on the court or the accused to provide evidence.

In fact, cases are won because there is sufficient evidence or lost because of inadequate evidence.

Anything else beside this is corruption and injustice.

It doesn't concern me what the girl really said in the video. I was just trying to correct you that you can't just say "the man didn't do it". He might have and he might not have. That was the basis of my correction. And the fact that I corrected you about that doesn't mean that I am of the opinion that he did it, like you wrongly presumed. Having an exceptional defense lawyer can help even a well known rapist win on a technicality.
Re: Ochanya Rape: State Court Acquits Husband, Federal Court Convicts Wife Of Neglig by Premiumwriter: 3:15pm On Apr 30, 2022
IamAsiri:

It doesn't concern me what the girl really said in the video. I was just trying to correct you that you can't just say "the man didn't do it". He might have and he might not have. That was the basis of my correction. And the fact that I corrected you about that doesn't mean that I am of the opinion that he did it, like you wrongly presumed. Having an exceptional defense lawyer can help even a well known rapist win on a technicality.
I did not presume.

The court gave a verdict. I accepted that verdict. Or you want me to call a man a murderer even when the court says he's no murderer?
Re: Ochanya Rape: State Court Acquits Husband, Federal Court Convicts Wife Of Neglig by IamAsiri: 8:28pm On Apr 30, 2022
Premiumwriter:
I did not presume.

The court gave a verdict. I accepted that verdict. Or you want me to call a man a murderer even when the court says he's no murderer?

The court said there was not enough evidence to convict him of the crime. That could be because little or no evidence was presented to state their case. Some murderers in one case I read about were not given life just because they said the body of the murdered was never found (just an analogy). Courts can throw out cases due to lack of evidence and prosecuting body can retry the person once they realise newer and more provable evidence(s).
Re: Ochanya Rape: State Court Acquits Husband, Federal Court Convicts Wife Of Neglig by Cromagnon: 9:08pm On May 01, 2022
Brendaniel:

Did you read the article at all, please go through it if you did not...
I did
But instead of you to provide evidence you are deflecting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Judge Orders 22-week Pregnant Disabled Woman To Have Abortion / 22-year-old Notorious Criminal Rearrested After Escaping From Prison. Photo / Girl Hospitalised After Gang Rape By 4 Secondary School Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.