Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,774 members, 7,908,989 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 03:17 PM

Nwabufo: Parties Should Zone Presidential Ticket On Competence Not Ethnicity - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nwabufo: Parties Should Zone Presidential Ticket On Competence Not Ethnicity (6343 Views)

Election: INEC Failed Nigerians, Aggrieved Parties Should Go To Court –gumi / Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians / Nigerians Are To Blame For Injustices, Not Ethnicity, Religion – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nwabufo: Parties Should Zone Presidential Ticket On Competence Not Ethnicity by SEGLIZ: 1:09pm On Apr 29, 2022
Mabil:
Every sensible Nigerian will agree with this.
same thing I've being saying, we need right individual who will summon the political will to do things. we don't need a tribal candidate nor an ethnic candidate.

give me any of the following and I will thumb print with all joy and zeal:

1) Osinbajo

2) Soludo

3) Zulum

4) Ezekwesili.

maybe Amosu the immediate past governor of Ogun state.

1 Like

Re: Nwabufo: Parties Should Zone Presidential Ticket On Competence Not Ethnicity by Theunbothered: 1:53pm On Apr 29, 2022
realestate99:

Who is talking about trade? We are talking about new lagos that is now the 5th largest economy in Africa, do you think everyone induges in your 2*2 shop trading, we are talking about something more, BAT laid the foundation so people like you can catch a mid night bus from Alaigbo and sip from it.

The tribalism just jumped out. grin

As a Yoruba guy my people dey Lagos since and this random person wants to claim I'm Igbo.

Do you hate Igbos so much?

You want to say the trade Louis Ojukwu was doing and making good business from is because of Tinubu?

Tinubu, just like his owo da online touts always want to claim credit for other people's work.
Re: Nwabufo: Parties Should Zone Presidential Ticket On Competence Not Ethnicity by philiancoop(m): 2:01pm On Apr 29, 2022
This Mumu no understand zoning. Is there a competent zone?
Re: Nwabufo: Parties Should Zone Presidential Ticket On Competence Not Ethnicity by ScamDemicEra: 2:04pm On Apr 29, 2022
If competency were followed strictly in 2015or 2019 Buhari don't stand a chance !
Re: Nwabufo: Parties Should Zone Presidential Ticket On Competence Not Ethnicity by Burruchaga71(m): 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2022
This IDIOT again.
Re: Nwabufo: Parties Should Zone Presidential Ticket On Competence Not Ethnicity by realestate99: 3:30pm On Apr 29, 2022
Theunbothered:

The tribalism just jumped out. grin

As a Yoruba guy my people dey Lagos since and this random person wants to claim I'm Igbo.

Do you hate Igbos so much?

You want to say the trade Louis Ojukwu was doing and making good business from is because of Tinubu?

Tinubu, just like his owo da online touts always want to claim credit for other people's work.
I do not hate igbos, I hate people that are not objective and tactless, unfortunately your people belongs to this table, seems you still don't get it, the trading of your people is insignificant to our dreams of a new Lagos, if you like relocate your business to sambisa, you won't be missed.....I don't know if I have to off my shirt to make you understand now.

1 Like

Re: Nwabufo: Parties Should Zone Presidential Ticket On Competence Not Ethnicity by Tzar(m): 3:37pm On Apr 29, 2022
There is no region or ethnic group without a competent person. Nigeria is too diverse and divided to resort to only competence when some regions and some ethnic groups have an unfair advantage that they callously keep using against others!
Re: Nwabufo: Parties Should Zone Presidential Ticket On Competence Not Ethnicity by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 29, 2022
If it is zoned on proven competence, legacies and contribution to the party, Jagaban will be the Consensus Candidate. He's the only one who not only has legacies to point to; He can also boast of supporting the finest brains to succeed him. It's a rare attribute.
Re: Nwabufo: Parties Should Zone Presidential Ticket On Competence Not Ethnicity by Theunbothered: 4:27pm On Apr 29, 2022
realestate99:

I do not hate igbos, I hate people that are not objective and tactless, unfortunately your people belongs to this table, seems you still don't get it, the trading of your people is insignificant to our dreams of a new Lagos, if you like relocate your business to sambisa, you won't be missed.....I don't know if I have to off my shirt to make you understand now.

It's like you can't read because I said it already that I am not Igbo or a trader.

Trade is what made Lagos the city it is. Lagos has a small land area for agriculture and no oil so if nobody wanted to trade there would be no port, no roads, no businesses, low population, it would be an irrelevant place like Cross River or Ogun waterside.

You have to go back to school to learn basic economics.
Re: Nwabufo: Parties Should Zone Presidential Ticket On Competence Not Ethnicity by realestate99: 4:40pm On Apr 29, 2022
Theunbothered:

It's like you can't read because I said it already that I am not Igbo or a trader.

Trade is what made Lagos the city it is. Lagos has a small land area for agriculture and no oil so if nobody wanted to trade there would be no port, no roads, no businesses, low population, it would be an irrelevant place like Cross River or Ogun waterside.

You have to go back to school to learn basic economics.
Lol, look at the economist!!! Lagos provided a conducive environment that is why your likes can gather their life savings and relocate to Lagos, but Lagos has moved above the mere trading phase now, we are beyond that.

Lagos is a strategic megalopolis and infrastructure on ground is a natural magnet for trading whether the okoros are involved or not, when Lagos was still called Onim by the Portuguese, it has been a major trade route in West Africa, that time your likes were still hunting for bush meats naked in the Eastern jungles.

Your people boasting about developing Lagos with their 2*2 shops should be declared by Senate as a punishable offence with minimum of 17 years in an underground facility. The summary is you and your people are insignificant to the development of Lagos from inception till now, you need lagos more than Lagos needs you. This is the last time you would be honoured by my reply.
Re: Nwabufo: Parties Should Zone Presidential Ticket On Competence Not Ethnicity by nedu2000(m): 4:51pm On Apr 29, 2022
Nigerians are not matured enough to priortise competence over merit,our literacy rate and standard of education is proof of that.
Best we continue to go with zoning until our sense of reasoning improves else we will continue to go from conflict to conflict
Re: Nwabufo: Parties Should Zone Presidential Ticket On Competence Not Ethnicity by Theunbothered: 4:56pm On Apr 29, 2022
realestate99:

Lagos is a strategic megalopolis and infrastructure on ground is a natural magnet for trading whether the okoros are involved or not, when Lagos was still called Onim by the Portuguese, it has been a major trade route in West Africa, that time your likes were still hunting for bush meats naked in the Eastern jungles.

Your people boasting about developing Lagos with their 2*2 shops should be declared by Senate as a punishable offence with minimum of 17 years in an underground facility. The summary is you and your people are insignificant to the development of Lagos from inception till now, you need lagos more than Lagos needs you.

So you agree that Lagos is rich because it is a strategic position for international trading for hundreds of years and not because of Tinubu?

This is the last time you would be honoured by my reply.

Because you're an olodo who keeps bringing up imaginary Igbo people to get angry at.
Re: Nwabufo: Parties Should Zone Presidential Ticket On Competence Not Ethnicity by Scholes007(m): 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2022
I support competence totally. But 2015 remains the epitome of how low Nigerian can go when it comes to stupidity and blindness.
Re: Nwabufo: Parties Should Zone Presidential Ticket On Competence Not Ethnicity by MissionaryArchi(m): 5:22pm On Apr 29, 2022
realestate99:

If Obi is more competent than Bat, your people won't see Lagos as their sanctuary. A new Lagos planned, birthed and conceded by BAT.
Igbos are in Lagos because federal government conditioned them and not because of Tinubu. Remove the port and nothing special Lagos for the igbos.
Well I'm glad you recognizing igbos as the main developers of Lagos and the very good reason why an Igbo man be given a chance to develop Nigeria and make her people better
Re: Nwabufo: Parties Should Zone Presidential Ticket On Competence Not Ethnicity by storm001(m): 5:23pm On Apr 29, 2022
It was ethnicity in 1999 (South West) Election, it was ethnicity in 2007 (North), it was ethnicity in 2019 (North).
Now its time for power to move to South East you saying competence.

Oga na incompetence go kill you.
Re: Nwabufo: Parties Should Zone Presidential Ticket On Competence Not Ethnicity by Sugartainment: 6:29pm On Apr 29, 2022
The man for the mission

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muric Demands For Hijab And Mosque Inside RCCG CAMP / Tinubu's Visit: The Clothes On The Buildings In A Megacity Is An Eyesore / This Is Who Your Average Northerner Believes Is Behind Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.