Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,699 members, 7,941,670 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 11:10 AM

Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? (20483 Views)

Nigeria’s Neighbours Reject Naira, Opt For CFA, Dollars / A Loan App Just Served My Neighbour A Court Order / No Country Can Survive With Republic Of Benin As Neighbour – Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by BabaIbo: 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2022
KiNg0G:

you be man or woman?

Do I look like someone you know?
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by KiNg0G: 9:59pm On Apr 29, 2022
BabaIbo:

Do I look like someone you know?
because it be like feminine character, I nor normal guy man to get time act like your post.
it's like you be man
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2022
BabaIbo:

The excuse you gave is not valid for what I know.

Tell me, will you give that same excuse for this kind of situation, that is your neighbor buys from a hawker which in turn buys from you because you sell in wholesale?

It is majorly due to envy, jealousy, not wanting to support the business by not patronizing it.

Do you know that every human has different level of envy in them but the level control is what separates them?
.... So me that is the final consumer should keep buying from a neighbor that sells expired products just to be seen as a good neighbor?

Is there sentiments in business?

Pls answer me.
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by vickydevoka(m): 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2022
Theboy21:
E no mean, na choice... Sometimes loyalty matter, you don't expect me to stop buying from a person i have been doing business for many years in order to please my new neighbor.... some people go with price preference....
Loyalty is better than China products all in de name of cheapness

1 Like

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by vickydevoka(m): 10:04pm On Apr 29, 2022
Tokskob2008:
Even some family members and friends would prefer going past you to get their goods and services else where. For me I don't see any issue in that, get your things from wherever it pleases you but don't ever come to my side when it's time to buy on credit, na der you go know say God no get tribal marks..
Dat credit b help is my problem. They must come n u are likely to give
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by vickydevoka(m): 10:12pm On Apr 29, 2022
Cityfirstborn:
Sometimes “I too proud” better pass “see finish”

Buying from someone you know or neighbors, they don’t expect you to price, out of see finish you will reluctantly pay any price they tell you. But buying from someone you don’t know, you can easily bargain to the best price.
This your quote deserve 5k
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by vickydevoka(m): 10:14pm On Apr 29, 2022
Bashnigga:
For bad neighbors mostly Jealousy & for the wise ones, to avoid see finish...

You see, the moment your buy stuff credit like this, they turn into monitoring spirits. You won't even be able to walk peacefully into your house with leather again cos once you do the next thing you hear is the last born knocking on your door, that his/her mom said he/she should come & collect that money. cheesycheesy
Y will u buy credit without paying. Nigerians are cursed
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Warmaterial(m): 10:14pm On Apr 29, 2022
Men I like to respect myself to avoid issues... I do my things codedly, I hate insult over familiarity create room for insult.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Bashnigga(m): 10:30pm On Apr 29, 2022
vickydevoka:

Y will u buy credit without paying. Nigerians are cursed
Well, that's not for me to answer...Just speaking based on the events I've witnessed cheesy
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by cavreek: 10:40pm On Apr 29, 2022
It maybe due to the fact that u would not be too comfortable negotiating the price of what u want to buy
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by BabaIbo: 10:41pm On Apr 29, 2022
KiNg0G:
because it be like feminine character, I nor normal guy man to get time act like your post.
it's like you be man

I don't think you have ran or managed any business before.

What is feminine about that?

Forget that bro code one thing one thing, keep that shi one side, e no dey work for business world or hustling ground with strict competition, loose guard and them go loose guard you.

It is a common happening for neighbours to have misunderstanding in/over business premises.
Except both are just pretending or enduring the excesses of the other.
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by moneyissweet(m): 10:44pm On Apr 29, 2022
Because na who know person na Im dey kill am.

To much familiarity breeds disrespect.

Ayanwukoma:
My mom owns a boutique, but you see neighbour's going as far as the other road to buys things instead of just buying from us. Wearing new palms everyday, when we have same quality but they prefer buying elsewhere. I don't know why.

Same with my OGa that am learning barbing at his shop, some neighbour's don't cut hair at his place... This guy is so good and friendly that the whole Street knows him. He barbs very well too, but some people that stays opposite his stores always barb from somewhere else, but in the evening no light, they come to charge their devices.

Please why's that

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Emma1Oj(m): 10:44pm On Apr 29, 2022
sonnie10:

why would your mum own a boutique and you go to learn barbing ? Can't you learn the business from your mum?
what's your business with what the dude does with is life ogbeni??

Mind your business. If will happen to be neighbors I will never have anything to discuss with you.
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by BabaIbo: 10:47pm On Apr 29, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
.... So me that is the final consumer should keep buying from a neighbor that sells expired products just to be seen as a good neighbor?

Is there sentiments in business?

Pls answer me.
Keep deceiving yourself that there is no sentiment in business o.

Do you own or run or manage a business?

The post is not about someone selling expired products, mine is not about someone selling expired products, may be you're just giving the dog a name just to crucify it.

Let me even accept the good got expired... Why did you not patronise the store when the goods are yet to expire OR is it all the goods in the store that are expired or all your neighbors sell expired products? Na wa for you.

Back to mine...,
Let me also ask you, why did the person buy from a hawker that buys from me when we are neighbors?

FYI, I don't talk(I mean discussion) to my same building neighbors, we only talk when necessary and it is on rare occasions, I mean once in 2 months or more, may be over light etc., especially the two that are immediately beside my premise, I only exchange greetings with one or two, those ones are farther, I wan even cut am but those ones dey behave well.
They are the type of people that like playing on others integrity and perpetrating other unhealthy actions.
If I want to talk, I have friends, I have other people in other buildings around that we talk.

Note: I cut the communication when I noticed their antics.
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by sonnie10: 10:47pm On Apr 29, 2022
Emma1Oj:
what's your business with what the dude does with is life ogbeni??

Mind your business. If will happen to be neighbors I will never have anything to discuss with you.

Thanks
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Cityfirstborn(m): 10:51pm On Apr 29, 2022
vickydevoka:

This your quote deserve 5k

Lol
Abi na
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by ikorodureporta: 10:52pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ayanwukoma:
My mom owns a boutique, but you see neighbour's going as far as the other road to buys things instead of just buying from us. Wearing new palms everyday, when we have same quality but they prefer buying elsewhere. I don't know why.

Same with my OGa that am learning barbing at his shop, some neighbour's don't cut hair at his place... This guy is so good and friendly that the whole Street knows him. He barbs very well too, but some people that stays opposite his stores always barb from somewhere else, but in the evening no light, they come to charge their devices.

Please why's that

Since wey I dey my place, about 10 yrs I neva buy anything for my street...you just need to give people that needed space to avoid what we all know aboutcheesy

I go enter road go 3-4 street to buy stuff from abbokky

1 Like

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by KiNg0G: 10:52pm On Apr 29, 2022
Cityfirstborn:

Lol
Abi na
paste your aza give am bros, he won do something for u
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:56pm On Apr 29, 2022
BabaIbo:

The post is not about someone selling expired products, mine is not about someone selling expired products, may be you're just giving the dog a name just to crucify it.

Let me even accept the good got exited... Why did you not patronise the store when the goods are yet to expire OR is it all the goods in the store that are expired or all your neighbors sell expired products? Na wa for you.

Back to mine...,
Let me also ask you, why did the person buy from a hawker that buys from me when we are neighbors?
.....The way you are commenting here shows you lack good customer/seller relationship so I'm not surprised if your neighbours don't patronise you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by dk58(m): 10:56pm On Apr 29, 2022
Whether manufacturers or sellers, having exceptional customer service skills is key to winning more customers. A lady in my neighborhood used to feel like a Queen because she owned a mini-supermarket. Although her prices were fair enough, the attitude was zero. In fact, notwithstanding the facial expression and long response time, she literally expects appreciation when you buy stuff from her. Then another lady established a new shop few steps away and customers switched without looking back. Surprisingly, she has learned what customer service can do. Now she says "thank you" with a smile when you buy from her.
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Papichulostunne(m): 10:56pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ayanwukoma:

Please why's that

Bro you geh customer be say you geh customer...

Another thing. Have you heard this statement before.. "abeg make my neighbour no come my shop oh.. i no get credit to give am"?
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by BabaIbo: 11:01pm On Apr 29, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
.....The way you are commenting here shows you lack good customer/seller relationship so I'm not surprised if your neighbours don't patronise you.

My friend you don't have anything to say...

You're just jumping around mentioning good customer relationship that I'm sure you have never practised in your life.
You don't even own or run or manage a business, why am I disturbing myself arguing with you?
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by BabaIbo: 11:04pm On Apr 29, 2022
Papichulostunne:

Bro you geh customer be say you geh customer...

Another thing. Have you heard this statement before.. "abeg make my neighbour no come my shop oh.. i no get credit to give am"?

God bless you bro, which one is "Bro abeg give me this one and that one, I go drop XYZ today, tomorrow I go balance you?"

Irrespective of neighbours OR not neighbour my own is come with your money or any other means of payment like transfer and so on you want to use.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:08pm On Apr 29, 2022
BabaIbo:

My friend you don't have anything to say...

You're just jumping around mentioning good customer relationship that I'm sure you have never practised in your life.
You don't even own or run or manage a business, why am I disturbing myself arguing with you?
.... Shut up your uncouth mouth. This is why you will keep fighting your neighbours. Someone pointed this out initially but I didn't take it serious.

So you feel that you are running a business because you own a kiosk?

Lol. Look at who is talking about running a business. My friend wake up. I will take you serious when you own a road construction firm that is well known in atleast all the 5 south eastern states because that's where I based.

See shop owner telling me about running a business. Hehehehe.
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by WhoDeyThere(m): 11:14pm On Apr 29, 2022
Some neighbors will cheat you. I bought something from my neighbor for 5500 after plenty abeg, the same product was sold to a total strange for 4k. Before, that incident, if the guy render services to me, if I ask how much is my bill, he will say " just bring so so amount because na you" which I later found out to be in the high side! Never again!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Cashio(m): 12:22am On Apr 30, 2022
Omo...unless my neighbour sells at exorbitant prices, is rude, or refuses to sell to me on credit when I don't have money after being a regular customer for so long.....

Those are the only factors that will make me not to patronise my neighbour....aside that, Omo suffer dey tire me abeg..I nor fit Waka dey go far wan go buy something wey my neighbour dey sell.
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Came4amo: 3:25am On Apr 30, 2022
Ayanwukoma:

Please why's that

Your mom and ur Oga may have made offensive comments .. when they where patronising u earlier .. or maybe u try to sell higher to them even when the know the prevailing price of the ITem .. I stopped buying something from my neighbor's shop .. because of a stupid comment he made .. I wanted to buy soap and he was saying there with people standing that what I was buying is the cheapest .. immediately I asked for the expensive one which my wife prefers and the fool didnt have it .. that was the last day I bought something from his shop .. some people don't know how to address people in public.. ur customer is very important
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by KensonAbule(m): 3:27am On Apr 30, 2022
To avoid see finish.

Imagine if I normally buy Sugar and Groundnut, you will just think I don't eat better food.
It's privacy oh
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Nobody: 3:55am On Apr 30, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

To avoid see finish

If you want to enjoy your afternoon cold garri and groundnut with fish

Buy Garri at your first neighbours shop and let him think you want to make Eba

Buy Sugar at your second neighbours shop to make her think you want to drink tea with it

Buy cold pure water at the next street and have them think you want to drink it cos you are thirsty

By the fish on your way home so that they might think it's a gift for your kids

Lastly never take the same route the next day when buying your food

The day you decide to buy garri, sugar, groundnut and fish in the same neighbours shop is the day they start seeing you as a poor man in your neighbourhood

You get power.

More power to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Nobody: 4:01am On Apr 30, 2022
Bashnigga:
For bad neighbors mostly Jealousy & for the wise ones, to avoid see finish...

You see, the moment your buy stuff credit like this, they turn into monitoring spirits. You won't even be able to walk peacefully into your house with leather again cos once you do the next thing you hear is the last born knocking on your door, that his/her mom said he/she should come & collect that money. cheesycheesy
So they shouldn’t collect their money? Are they running a credit facility?

This one join abeg.
Smh
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Nobody: 4:11am On Apr 30, 2022
Brownshoe:
like now i buy pepper and tomatoes from same spot, went another extreme to buy 3 cup of rice, ah sense will not kill me
Keep going to extremes because of the baseless opinions of other human beings.

One day, you’ll grow up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ / Paint Production procedures, quantity of raw material required and color formula / Facebook Audience Network: How To Make Money, Step By Step Guide

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.