Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:58 AM

Falae: I Won 1999 Presidential Election… Results Were Overturned While I Slept - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falae: I Won 1999 Presidential Election… Results Were Overturned While I Slept (738 Views)

Electoral Officers In Imo Say Elections Were Not Held Yet, Results Were Collated / Presidential Poll: Imo, Rivers Results Were Manipulated – Yiaga Africa / PDP Rejects Ekiti Election Process, Says Results Were Concocted By APC. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falae: I Won 1999 Presidential Election… Results Were Overturned While I Slept by Move2(m): 3:19pm On May 01, 2022
I didn’t lose. In fact, I won the election. The military felt safer in the hands of a fellow military man as their successor,” Falae said.

“Yes, I worked with them; they knew what I could do, they knew my integrity, but I was not a soldier. One of them later said ‘you could trust a sergeant more than a graduate’. Before the election, the government was already giving the presidential plane to him to go round Africa. I saw that, it showed their preference, but I won the election.

“I was able to serve the point of view that it was time for real change in Nigeria. But when the results came, it was very funny. I will give you an illustration. Imo state had 22 local government areas. The results for the first 18 came out and I won with a ratio of 4 to 1, which was not close. I was sure I had won Imo state, so I went to bed.
“The result from the remaining four local governments came out when I was asleep and completely overturned the results I had in the 18 local governments. It was very clear that they gave it to Obasanjo, there’s no argument about that.

“They thought that was the best thing for them to do. They also thought that
as a civilian I would go after them, but I had made it plain that it would be stupid of me to undermine a government I was part of. It would be suicidal.”

Falae noted that a parliamentary form of government is better for Nigeria because it is cheaper to run.

https://dailytrust.com/i-won-the-1999-presidential-election-falae

2 Likes

Re: Falae: I Won 1999 Presidential Election… Results Were Overturned While I Slept by Skillsnigeria: 3:25pm On May 01, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Falae: I Won 1999 Presidential Election… Results Were Overturned While I Slept by dawnomike(m): 3:28pm On May 01, 2022
No aspirant sleeps on election night... Even party agents keep vigil and stay at watch!!!

1 Like

Re: Falae: I Won 1999 Presidential Election… Results Were Overturned While I Slept by sainteve4r(m): 3:30pm On May 01, 2022
Why will you go to sleep grin grin
Re: Falae: I Won 1999 Presidential Election… Results Were Overturned While I Slept by yanabasee(m): 3:34pm On May 01, 2022
It's been all military leaders.. Since 1999... The only civilian that graced the seat was disgracefully sent packing and another deranged, vegetable general of the army was installed..

The same mistake is about to repeat itself as the deranged old man is talking about consensus candidate....

So far, all the top aspirants are civilian.... If any ex-military officer emerges as Buhari's preferred candidate, it will not sell...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falae: I Won 1999 Presidential Election… Results Were Overturned While I Slept by chrisxxx(m): 3:55pm On May 01, 2022
Sleeping in duty is an offense to the commander.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falae: I Won 1999 Presidential Election… Results Were Overturned While I Slept by sapele914(m): 4:04pm On May 01, 2022
chrisxxx:
Sleeping in duty is an offense to the commander.
Exactly, a civilian coup.
Re: Falae: I Won 1999 Presidential Election… Results Were Overturned While I Slept by Invictuse: 4:28pm On May 01, 2022
Dead brain Igbo fool the person you are referring to your was he at anytime in life a military personal or was this not the only man that fought the military to a stand still just to ensure that lunatics like you can comment on SM with dead brain like u do today.

yanabasee:
It's been all military leaders.. Since 1999... The only civilian that graced the seat was disgracefully sent packing and another deranged, vegetable general of the army was installed..

The same mistake is about to repeat itself as the deranged old man is talking about consensus candidate....

So far, all the top aspirants are civilian.... If any ex-military officer emerges as Buhari's preferred candidate, it will not sell...
Re: Falae: I Won 1999 Presidential Election… Results Were Overturned While I Slept by yanabasee(m): 4:30pm On May 01, 2022
Invictuse:
Dead brain Igbo fool the person you are referring to your as he at anytime in life a military personal or was this not the only man that fought the military to a stand still just to ensure that lunatics like you can comment on SM with dead brain like u do today.

Olodo.... Unfortunate imp.....
Re: Falae: I Won 1999 Presidential Election… Results Were Overturned While I Slept by Pat081: 6:18pm On May 01, 2022
dawnomike:
No aspirant sleeps on election night... Even party agents keep vigil and stay on watch!!!
abi why did he sleep when he knows what they can do to he
Re: Falae: I Won 1999 Presidential Election… Results Were Overturned While I Slept by Praxis758: 4:14am On May 02, 2022
This one is just waking up from his deep slumber.

One of those guys that failed us by dancing to the tune of IBB as a minister of finance.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Defection Rocks APC In Baruten Local Government / Owo Massacre: He Prophesied About It - Pics / NL Situation Room: Notable NL Political Analysts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.