Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,585 members, 7,975,299 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 09:15 PM

Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) (42816 Views)

Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With / Nigerian Lady Loses Job Offer Because She Has A Big Tummy (Photo) / Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by jawalis(m): 9:13pm On May 02, 2022
naija4life247:
She must be MAD. You no fit pronounce 'R', yet you want to be pronouncing rubbish into our hear drums. Go and do something else with your life and leave Olosho work wey Time Makinwa and Most Abebe dey do.

Abi,how you wan pronounce Parallelogram ?
Pallalleloglam grin
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Magnoliaa(f): 9:14pm On May 02, 2022
Cutehector:
Same lady would judge men who dont meet certain checklist of hers.. I dont even pity her.

The same way you're judging her when you don't even know her!

Fuçk, maybe this shit is on me and I missed this side of you online, but wow. Really, wow. These comments coming from you leaves me dumbfounded everytime. Completely. undecided

WOW, again.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Pastorsmile: 9:17pm On May 02, 2022
You can't pronounce R and you want to work as an OAP in a Radio station?
Wonders,certainly will never end.
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Noble19(m): 9:34pm On May 02, 2022
She is quite popular in ibadan, 32fm. Her colleagues use to joke with her 'r'. I don't know why she leave for another station. Now the new station have rejected her.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by deavicky(m): 9:44pm On May 02, 2022
kenzysmith:
This is wrong very wrong cry

But anty my advise next time u get a job try and be servicing who ever incharge
she might be miss leading people imagine she pronounces road as load. How does that speck about the station.
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Uncletony(m): 9:52pm On May 02, 2022
This life eeh , same afonjas making jest of some igbos with same deficiency
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Dankovich1: 9:58pm On May 02, 2022
Hezzyluv:

@bold
You meant in any of their laydio station grin grin
you know the matter grin
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by idrezee(m): 10:10pm On May 02, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Chai

Restaurant is lestaulant smiley
Redemption is ledempsun wink
Resistant is lesistant cheesy

But imagine her saying something like "keep listening to this leydio station"
grin

The MD will be like "which kind bush girl be this"?

The joke is obviously on you. That is not what she is saying. Try listening to Bella Schmuda songs and see the way he pronounces his “R” like it’s in the neck and doesn’t come out well. She is not equating R for L.

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by drmuchin: 10:25pm On May 02, 2022
na im dem never sack buhari? my pellow naijeriyan, i fledge pipty billion for the armed porces to pight boko haram
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:27pm On May 02, 2022
Nosayer:

Abi? I don't understand jàre ...OAPs are supposed to have the best pronunciation, accent etc by virtue of what they do. I've learnt correct dictions from many OAPs but why can't she put on the work and learn instead of whining? It's just like telling someone with eye defects to drive a commercial bus. Not every oap follow fake diction as Ina want have u listen to Godwin enakhena of top radio Lagos or Murphy ijemba of brila fm then..

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by VULCAN(m): 10:29pm On May 02, 2022
She has already worked at 3 different stations at her age.

Shall we tell her why those other places sacked her also
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Shebbs: 10:51pm On May 02, 2022
I Also Have The "R" Factor, I Don't Really Know If I Was Born With It But I Grew Up With It And It Has Affected Me Alot. Loss Of Confidence, Struggling To Use The Right Words During A Speech Because I Don't Want People To Notice It.

I'm Sound And Outspoken But Most Times I Find It Very Difficult To Speak In Public. If I Want To Tell Someone "I Love You" I Usually Sound This Way "I Rove You." Eg;
"Listen" = "Risten"
"Life" = "Rife"
"Later" = "Rater"
Lol, Sounds Funny Right? But It's A Pain I've Learned To Live With. I See It As A Challenge But I Have No Choice, I Must Keep Fighting To Be A Better Person And Believe Me It Won't Stop Me From Achieving My Goals In Life.

Please, If There's A Medical Solution To It I Urge Those Of You Who Are In The Medical Field To Help Me With A Solution But If There's None No Problem, I Can't Kill Myself, I'm Not My Maker, But Then Again It Has Taught Me Few Things In Life.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Crysallis(m): 12:03am On May 03, 2022
Shebbs:
I Also Have The "R" Factor, I Don't Really Know If I Was Born With It But I Grew Up With It And It Has Affected Me Alot. Loss Of Confidence, Struggling To Use The Right Words During A Speech Because I Don't Want People To Notice It.

I'm Sound And Outspoken But Most Times I Find It Very Difficult To Speak In Public. If I Want To Tell Someone "I Love You" I Usually Sound This Way "I Rove You." Eg;
"Listen" = "Risten"
"Life" = "Rife"
"Later" = "Rater"
Lol, Sounds Funny Right? But It's A Pain I've Learned To Live With. I See It As A Challenge But I Have No Choice, I Must Keep Fighting To Be A Better Person And Believe Me It Won't Stop Me From Achieving My Goals In Life.

Please, If There's A Medical Solution To It I Urge Those Of You Who Are In The Medical Field To Help Me With A Solution But If There's None No Problem, I Can't Kill Myself, I'm Not My Maker, But Then Again It Has Taught Me Few Things In Life.

What's manifesting now was programmed into your memory while growing up
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Shebbs: 1:11am On May 03, 2022
Crysallis:

What's manifesting now was programmed into your memory while growing up

By Who?
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by aalangel(f): 1:42am On May 03, 2022
Wasn't she auditioned?
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Crysallis(m): 6:19am On May 03, 2022
Shebbs:

By Who?

A child born in America does not speak in British accent
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Mypeople2(m): 6:54am On May 03, 2022
NwekeUG:
A lady lost her job as an On Air Personality (OAP), in a radio station because she has a speech problem, IGBERETV reports.

Barely one month after resumption of duty, Zainab Fakunle was laid off because she could not pronounce “R” properly. This was considered as a misconduct and hence she was laid off.
Mother tongue problem.Even one of my lecturers that studied abroad does that

https://twitter.com/fakurizy/status/1520652082474278912?s=20&t=BpWn-plDhmvVzHVhwQUD5Q
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by princewarri1985: 7:29am On May 03, 2022
NwekeUG:
A lady lost her job as an On Air Personality (OAP), in a radio station because she has a speech problem, IGBERETV reports.

Barely one month after resumption of duty, Zainab Fakunle was laid off because she could not pronounce “R” properly. This was considered as a misconduct and hence she was laid off.

https://twitter.com/fakurizy/status/1520652082474278912?s=20&t=BpWn-plDhmvVzHVhwQUD5Q
How could one with speech impendement work as an OAP? it's just like a cripple trying to join the military, there are many other jobs she could do beside being an OAP
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Urahpopopo(m): 7:43am On May 03, 2022
kenzysmith:
This is wrong very wrong cry

But anty my advise next time u get a job try and be servicing who ever incharge
what is wlong?
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by newoffer: 7:46am On May 03, 2022
[For Ilorin or Osun quote author=Wawelexy post=112439030]

but its not her fault now. Another wedio station would employ her.[/quote]
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Urahpopopo(m): 7:46am On May 03, 2022
Since I read her post, I’ve been reading and pronouncing every « ‘’R’’ as ‘’L’’... God help me, I’ve been infected
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Nobody: 8:44am On May 03, 2022
bolubennie:
I know this lady
She's an OAP in a popular radio station in Ibadan

Virtually everyone loves the radio programmes she anchor. To me, her "R" Factor is even one of the reasons why some enjoy the programmes.

'Eleha Zainabu', as popularly called by her favourite male colleague, it is well with you.
Better job ahead.
Eat your Id-el Fitr meat jejely like nothing happened.
Cheers!
i knw her well
Her program is always interesting anyways

She don tay for the radio station so why did they suspend her just now??
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by cho25bc(f): 8:53am On May 03, 2022
I know this girl from one popular radio station in Ibadan. She was a Yoruba OAP there from 2018 to last year but suddenly, I stopped hearing her voice on radio. Maybe she was also laid off because of that. She couldn't pronounce "r" and her co-presenter would make jest of her. But she has a very sweet voice and a very good presenter.

I pray she gets another job soon.
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Stephen0mozzy: 9:05am On May 03, 2022
naija4life247:
She must be MAD. You no fit pronounce 'R', yet you want to be pronouncing rubbish into our hear drums. Go and do something else with your life and leave Olosho work wey Time Makinwa and Most Abebe dey do.

Abi,how you wan pronounce Parallelogram ?

You wey no fit spell "EAR DRUM" dey bash person
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Neddyogu(m): 9:49am On May 03, 2022
Iamnorth:
[s][/s]"hear drum" indeed see as u dey mumu yourself when you are suffering from thesame problem take my 'like' and get some sense

Na ear drum the nigger dey call 'hear drum' so. Talk about someone with a plank in his eye criticizing someone with a speck.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Afodot0022(m): 10:10am On May 03, 2022
The station that got her sacked was DUX FM 94.7 Lagos. She previously presented at 32 fm ibadan before she left to this new station not knowing she will be axed there. Always make your findings well before leaving where you are now to another abound cos he get why. I wish her goodluck.
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 2:41pm On May 03, 2022
lexy2014:

How can the speech defect be corrected? Which HR will help her? Aren't they the ones that typed her sack letter?
many radio stations send their broadcasters for speech training before they start work and if she knew about the R factor as a defect, the onus is on her to go for therapy so as to increase her chances of getting employed at a higher paying gig. I was talking about HR's from other stations avoiding her since she'll be seen as a potential trouble maker. It's better we hear the official response from her last employer and you'll be shocked to see she's an actual trouble maker
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by lexy2014: 3:09pm On May 03, 2022
MASTAkiLLAh:
many radio stations send their broadcasters for speech training before they start work and if she knew about the R factor as a defect, the onus is on her to go for therapy so as to increase her chances of getting employed at a higher paying gig. I was talking about HR's from other stations avoiding her since she'll be seen as a potential trouble maker. It's better we hear the official response from her last employer and you'll be shocked to see she's an actual trouble maker

Did the radio station in question send her on speech training and she refused to go in the one month she was with them?

Did the radio station not notice she had a speech defect when they interviewed her before they gave her the job?

What trouble did she make that makes u say HRs of other stations will see her as a potential trouble maker?
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:34pm On May 03, 2022
lexy2014:

Did the radio station in question send her on speech training and she refused to go in the one month she was with them?

Did the radio station not notice she had a speech defect when they interviewed her before they gave her the job?

What trouble did she make that makes u say HRs of other stations will see her as a potential trouble maker?
oga abeg I no get strength today. Her sack letter says "misconduct and non professionalism", dragging anything with anybody online is a waste of time to me
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by shantti(m): 3:36pm On May 03, 2022
Ishilove:

Can you say "parallelogram"?

Eh hen nah? I can say it. I just need to say it slowly. I teach Yoruba kids and if they pronounce it, u will laugh
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by lexy2014: 3:42pm On May 03, 2022
MASTAkiLLAh:
oga abeg I no get strength today. Her sack letter says "misconduct and non professionalism", dragging anything with anybody online is a waste of time to me

Where's the letter?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

200 Thousand Minimum Wage Breakdown By Chatgpt / ICAN May/june 2016 Diet Exam- Read This / Man With One Hand That Breaks Firewood For A Living Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.